What is the savings of a bounceback cruise offer?

jelliott04

DIS Veteran
Hi all. We are taking our first Disney Cruise in a few weeks and in reading the boards, I see that many of you book your next cruise while onboard.

What is the benefit of doing this and what is the general savings? If we book another cruise, what do they need from us to book it?

Trying to be prepared...just in case!

Jen

If you book while on board you get a 10% discount on the cruise portion of the fare and an onboard credit. The credit is $100 on cruises less than 7 nights and $200 on cruises of 7 nights or more. You also only pay half the deposit.

We cruised in September 2012 and booked a future cruise. It literally took about 10 min and they can just use all your info on your current booking. If you want to pay with the same cc you have against your key to the world card....they can charge it right there, so it's all seamless...they can even route it through the same travel agent and you can also get the travel agent perks.

Just know that the date and ship you reserve can be changed, so all you have to do is reserve the cheapest cruise for the least number of days and you are locked in to that 10% discount even if the cruise is for a 10 day sailing. You can also keep pushing the date out. We paid less than $175 on a three day cruise and chose a dummy date......we even told them we wanted a dummy date and they just picked a date. We haven't planned our next cruise yet, but we only cruise for no less than 7 days (too much work to pack, drive, etc).

We also booked through Costco for our last cruise and ended up getting a $400 cash card, so for our next cruise we will get 10% off and the $400 cash card.....not a bad deal.

There is one catch I should mention which is really somewhat expected. You can't use the discount for discounted cruises.....like last min IGT, OGT, VGT, etc, BUT you can use the money you put in.

If you know for sure you are going on another Disney cruise (and trust me, you won't be disappointed), its really a no-brainier. Just do it before the last night! They are only open certain hours and if ou wait until the last night (like we did) expect to wait in line. We didn't see any lines the other nights.

Enjoy your cruise! I'm so jealous :sad:! One word to sum up my cruise....luxurious! Enjoy! :wave2:

gverva said:
We cruised in September 2012 and booked a future cruise. It literally took about 10 min and they can just use all your info on your current booking. If you want to pay with the same cc you have against your key to the world card....they can charge it right there, so it's all seamless...they can even route it through the same travel agent and you can also get the travel agent perks.

Just know that the date and ship you reserve can be changed, so all you have to do is reserve the cheapest cruise for the least number of days and you are locked in to that 10% discount even if the cruise is for a 10 day sailing. You can also keep pushing the date out. We paid less than $175 on a three day cruise and chose a dummy date......we even told them we wanted a dummy date and they just picked a date. We haven't planned our next cruise yet, but we only cruise for no less than 7 days (too much work to pack, drive, etc).

We also booked through Costco for our last cruise and ended up getting a $400 cash card, so for our next cruise we will get 10% off and the $400 cash card.....not a bad deal.

There is one catch I should mention which is really somewhat expected. You can't use the discount for discounted cruises.....like last min IGT, OGT, VGT, etc, BUT you can use the money you put in.

If you know for sure you are going on another Disney cruise (and trust me, you won't be disappointed), its really a no-brainier. Just do it before the last night! They are only open certain hours and if ou wait until the last night (like we did) expect to wait in line. We didn't see any lines the other nights.

Enjoy your cruise! I'm so jealous :sad:! One word to sum up my cruise....luxurious! Enjoy! :wave2:

So, if I get this, they will adjust your OBC if you end up taking a much longer cruise than what you actually had in your dummy booking? I would consider a Med cruise but probably not till 2015, is that too far away? We sail in March.

So, if I get this, they will adjust your OBC if you end up taking a much longer cruise than what you actually had in your dummy booking? I would consider a Med cruise but probably not till 2015, is that too far away? We sail in March.

The OBC is based on the length of the cruise you actually wind up paying for and taking.
<7 nts - $100
=/> 7 nts - $200

See ya in March!

Wow, thanks for the info. We "paid" with DVC points this time but I can see how a 10% savings would be worth it. If the cruise was $6K that would be a $600 savings.

For our upcoming Feb cruise we booked GTY but I'm not sure I'd do that again. I really wanted a room at the back of the boat with the extended balcony but we ended up with a regular balcony. Of course, our category is "higher" but I'm not sure I'd have picked the room. Not a big deal because I'll be on a Disney Cruise! :) I am a person who likes a nice room so we'll see. Certainly I do not belong to the group of people that say "I don't care about the room since I'll only be sleeping there".

Either way, I guess it would be different if I was actually paying money instead of points for our cruise. (I know points are money but I didn't have to come out of pocket)

Thanks for the info on the 10% discount. I'll have to think about this.

Jen

You should be able to do this with no problem and if a date isn't available for your 2015 cruise, just keep pushing out a "dummy" cruise before cancelation penalties apply (typically 75 days out). Be careful to remember this date, or this deal certainly won't be a deal anymore! We booked our dummy date for Sept 2013, but I'm not sure if we will be cruising this year, so we plan to push it out another year. When, and if, you book onboard, just ask them to be sure. I do know people do this all the time. Happy Sailing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter