• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what is the ROFR floor right now? is it still $72?

disneyberry

Dreaming of adventure
DVC Premium
just daydreaming about adding on another 50 pts (i know... the closing costs are horrible for tiny resales, but my UY is completely sold out, all resorts)...

so what seems to be the ROFR floor lately? it was $72 when i bought 5 months ago, and then it dropped to $69 for a while, and now is it back up to $72?
or higher? :eek:

The Boardwalk contract we were waiting on just got waived by Disney today --
$69 pp, 150 points, all 2003 available, 38 banked from 2002, pro-rata maintenance, we pay closing costs - April yr

It took almost 4 weeks of waiting, I was close to thinking we did not get it.

I just closed on 150 points at VWL for $69/point (June use year, 12 banked points). 2 weeks before that, Disney bought out my bid on 170 points at VWL for $72/point that had somewhere around 90 banked points if I remember correctly.

I have just been offered a 50pt add on at OKW with a june use year by Disney AT $84 THAT IS $4200 IN TOTAL,should I buy

Originally posted by Mickey_UK
I have just been offered a 50pt add on at OKW with a june use year by Disney AT $84 THAT IS $4200 IN TOTAL,should I buy
It depends on how set you are on 50 OKW points. If that's what you want, you likely won't do any better for 50 points.

just another bump on this question. has anything changed in the past month or so?
more or less frequent buybacks?
are people getting past ROFR at under $70?

We have just made an offer for OKW at $65 / point and pro-rated maintenance. The salesman mentioned that he thought we should up the offer to $68-69 / point, but it just did not seem right to pay more than they were asking. This is the first time we've attempted to purchase re-sale points, so maybe we'll learn the hard way. But, at this point, we're just waiting for their response. Does it seem to matter if it is an existing DVCer buying the points vs. a new customer, or which resort it is, as to whether Disney exercises its ROFR???

We have just made an offer for OKW at $65 / point and pro-rated maintenance. The salesman mentioned that he thought we should up the offer to $68-69 / point, but it just did not seem right to pay more than they were asking. This is the first time we've attempted to purchase re-sale points, so maybe we'll learn the hard way. But, at this point, we're just waiting for their response. Does it seem to matter if it is an existing DVCer buying the points vs. a new customer, or which resort it is, as to whether Disney exercises its ROFR???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter