What is the process

calker

Mouseketeer
We just booked this cruise two days ago. We haven't cruised Disney in many years so I'm trying to understand all of the processes.

When completeing the on-line check-in, I was required to pick a port check-in time. The only times available were after 1:00pm.

We will actually be arriving at MCO about 8:30am. After we pick up our luggage, where do we meet a Disney rep to get a bus to the port (we did purchase transfers)? Will we be able to get on a bus to the port that early when we have a 1:00pm check-in time? When we turn over our luggage to the bus driver, does it magically appear in our cabin or do we have to turn it in to someone at the port? If we are able to get on a bus at 8:30am, will we have to wait until 1:00pm to check in once we arrive at the port?

Thanks for all your help.

one of the perks of using Disney transfers is that you will be able to enter the terminal and check-in whenever your DCL bus arrives. (You don't have to wait until your designated port arrival time)
You can go right to the DCL check-in when you land at MCO and they will get you onto the next available bus. If you put the green luggage tags on your bags at your home airport, DCL will gather them for you and transport them to the ship for you. Your luggage will be brought to your cabin at some time on embarkation day.

I had the same question, but out of Galveston. We arrive in Houston at 8 am. I called DCL to ask about the timing and check in. My check-in time is 11 am and the shuttles don't even start running to the ship until 10 am, so we will be good. What does anyone know about the luggage? Do we need to claim it off the shuttle and take it to a porter, or will it magically appear at our cabins later in the day?

i'm not sure how the luggage thing works at ports other than PC; i'm guessing that Disney likely does not have the infrastructure in place to pull your bags at the airport, so you will probably need to retrieve your luggage from baggage claim before heading to the Disney transfer check-in desk.

We just did this last week. Arrived at MCO 8:30 am. Booked a week out and didn't receive luggage tags so we just retrieved bags and wheeled them to the check-in desk on level 1. We were given KTTW cards, assigned boarding group 3, and was on the 9:45am bus to the port (first bus left at 9:30). Waited in the terminal about 45 minutes and was eating lunch on the ship before noon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter