What is the possibility of surprising wife with vow renewal?

peter1706

Mouseketeer
Just started thinking about this.

I'd love to surprise my wife with a vow renewal.

we will be down with some family for 10th anniversary.

Without thinking this through i was wondering if the day before the ceremony i tell her we're going to a very fancy restaurant or something.
This way we'd be dressed nicely and we'd walk outside the hotel where the limo would be waiting and i'd ask her to marry me (again) as the wedding pavillion comes into view. Even the other family members wouldn't know. I could say something to them to have them dressed nicely and send them first to the WP in the limo
so they could greet us as we arrive.

(as a side thought, can cinderella's coach go from any other deluxe resort to the wedding pavilion or just from the GF)

Think this secret plot could work?

pete

it could totally work. just make sure you have a seperate email address and phone number for your event manager to call.
hop over to disneyweddings.com. i think they have a section on vow renewals.

~ chris

Chris is right - its definitally possible. To answer your question about the coach, it can only travel from the GF to the WP. It can be used at several other locations, but the trips the coach makes are always quick. Its meant more for show rather then for actual transportation. Good luck with your planning!

I may be in the minority, but if it were my anniversary and vow renewal, I think I would prefer to know in advance and be allowed to participate in planning the details. There are still many details that need chosen even for an intimate, including the floral and music choices,etc.

I think a nicer way to present the surprise is to call Disney and contract with them for the VR, and than have them send a planning package with perhaps some wedding related materials/Disney wedding merchandise to your wife, with a letter from you saying, "Suprise! I wanted to make this anniversary a special one, have a wonderful time choosing the details for this special day."

Of course, you know your wife and I don't, but I know I would be upset with my husband if he arranged something as important as a Disney VR and didn't let me plan it.

As for Cindy's coach...As noted in the previous posting, it can go from the GF to the WP and it can also go to locations such as the Yacht Club Gazebo, but they basically pick you up in the hotel and take you around to the back side on the boardalk. I'm not sure which other locations it can go to.

I think its wonderful that you want to surprise your wife with a vow renewal. How romantic! I would love it if I was your wife. I wouldn't want to plan the details, would much rather be surprised. How could anyone be upset with a vow renewal surprise in Disney? As for flowers, you should know her favorites by now, if not have her best friend pick them for you.

Best of luck with your planning!

Colormouse ::MickeyMo

i too think it's a wonderful idea.. and actually teared up when you said you'd ask her to marry you again.. i think it's a great idea.. surely you know a lot of her favorite things by now.. music, flowers, cakes etc.. and you have a lot of people here on the dis at your disposal to help you with any questions.. i think that would be the most romantic thing ever..

another idea is to maybe have a friend, or if you feel up to the challenge.. get a beautiful dress for her.. have it sent to your room or something.. and make believe it's just for a special dinner..

ohhhh that is too sweet...

Originally posted by copper68

another idea is to maybe have a friend, or if you feel up to the challenge.. get a beautiful dress for her.. have it sent to your room or something.. and make believe it's just for a special dinner..

I actually thought maybe it'd be possible to get a dress at disney world.... and get it sent to the room... i don't know..as i said i just started thinking of this but at the very least i've decided to do it.

thanks for all the opinions!

or you could tell her your going to V&A's and tell her to get a really nice dress.. that way she would pick something out she really likes.. and feels comfortable in, and likes the way it fits and all..

Originally posted by copper68
or you could tell her your going to V&A's and tell her to get a really nice dress.. that way she would pick something out she really likes.. and feels comfortable in, and likes the way it fits and all..

You, know that is a very good idea!

I'll tell her we are going to have one night to ourselves at V&A.
Ahhh i like being sneaky...romantically i mean .:lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter