• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the photo pass for the $99 cost reason

disneymarie

<font color=blue>Its a rumour about the donuts...<
Last year we used photo pass and had a handful of pictures done the one day we were there. I did not have to purchase a CD, but could order pictures from it.

What is the prepayment, I know less then later during trip. Why this huge payment??? Do you get all the picture copyright to take to a photo place to develope?

I had emailed Disney about my photo pass and no. on it.
I had a tragedy in my older daughters passing a few months after the trip. I wanted a picture from Disney for her service.

They were kind enough to email me the picture to print for her service and then sent a CD with the handful of family pictures we had too, for free...

They were so kind and touching gesture during our difficult time.
But, I guess I am confused why we did not have to buy the Photo pass last year, just go online and pick out pictures we wanted??
Thanks for tips, or explanation.

Our trip this year is again in October.
Dianne

Yes, you do get the copyright to the pictures (it is included in a file on the cd itself, so you can prove it to places that you want to print them at, like Wal-Mart) That way you can print as many as you want as many times as you want.

The $99 prepurchase deal saves you $26 dollars because if you wait till you get home, it is $125.

Thanks for updated information!
I guess the next thing I ask is how do you work it to go together for a photo pass, to have the same CD order a second one????
Same phot pass numbers?
I did not have enough on our pass to consder paying a fortune for it, two at Epcot and few at MGK.

Are the charecter shots included on it too. They use to take pictures of the kids with them and give you a no. to pick up your prints.
Dianne

I am not sure how they are working it, but I imagine they are crating one account and then adding all to one account. Ordering the CD and then burning copies for everyone.

Just my guess.

I always have enough on mine to rationalize a CD.

Oh. Yes on the characters.

As long as there is a photopass photographer, it goes on your card.

Now there are photographers at every character.

You can add enhancements and stuff online before you order too

I felt so sad reading this thread so sorry to hear about your daughter. It was nice of disney to send you the CD. Wishing you a wonderful time on your next trip.

Take care

Thanks for your kind words. Disney said they are about vreating memories and it was their pleasure to assist.
I did find a link with groups created and am checking into the workings of how that works,
DiMarie

I just got home last week from WDW and I had pre-ordered the photopass for $99.

Almost all the characters had Photopass Photographers there snapping pics. Plus the pocs at the beginning of each park (the castle, Epcot ball, tree of life, Mickey's hat at MGM.

After getting back I went on line and entered the photopass numbers (I actually had 3). They were all combined onto 1 CD. After adding the enhancements to some of the pics, I had over 150 photos. I won't be printing all of them, since at some of the characters, the photog. took 4-5 photos. They tried to get some candids (some were ok, others not).

But I'll have the pics on the disk, so if I decide that 6 months from now I want to print out more, then I have them to do so. Plus even with paying the $99 and whatever the cost when I go to CVS to print them from the disk, it'll still be cheaper than paying $12.95 per photo from Disney. As it was, I purchased 3 ride photos (not on photopass) and it cost almost $50, so I feel I'll definitely get my money's worth from the CD.

Terri

Is test track still the only ride whose pic can be added to the photopass? That's how it was in Jan. when we were there, but I thought the other rides were going to be added to the service. :confused3

When we were there a few weeks ago Test Track was still the only ride to have photopass.

Last year we used photo pass and had a handful of pictures done the one day we were there. I did not have to purchase a CD, but could order pictures from it.

What is the prepayment, I know less then later during trip. Why this huge payment??? Do you get all the picture copyright to take to a photo place to develope?

I had emailed Disney about my photo pass and no. on it.
I had a tragedy in my older daughters passing a few months after the trip. I wanted a picture from Disney for her service.

They were kind enough to email me the picture to print for her service and then sent a CD with the handful of family pictures we had too, for free...

They were so kind and touching gesture during our difficult time.
But, I guess I am confused why we did not have to buy the Photo pass last year, just go online and pick out pictures we wanted??
Thanks for tips, or explanation.

Our trip this year is again in October.
Dianne

I don't know if it was clear to you or not, but you do not need to purchase the cd to use photopass. You can still do as you did for your last trip. Just buy a few photos online or in the parks at your pleasure.

A cd can be purchased with all your pictures from your photopass. I think it is $125 and includes the copyright for the photos. So, you should be able to take the cd to any photo developer and have the pictures made. The $99 deal is to prepurchase the cd. Pretty good deal. Especially if you have a lot of pictures taken. I think buying an individual picture is like $12.95@. So, if you are going to buy more than 10 pictures, you are much better off purchasing the cd.

I think the way the photopass share works is the organizer prepurchases the cd. When each participants trip is over, they give the photopass numbers to the organizer, who then adds them to their account. When the organizer receives the photopass cd, they probably mail out copies of the cd and copyright to each participant. I have not participated in one, so I could be wrong.

I hope this helped answer some of your questions. And I am so sorry to hear about your daughter.

I am not clear on the photopass thing. I have never heard of it. (been a long time since I was at Disney) How exactly does it work?

Thanks for all the input and kind words.
It will be a different trip this time, but will have my husband, younger daughter 11 having a Birthday there, and the 2 yr old grandson with my older son and DIL going tool.

The phot pass I learned of last fall when the two middle kids went to Epcot and we met up there with them after a Morning at Animal Kingdom. I guess as they went in they got a card with ID on it and presented to photographers which linked us into a system. When we got home we looked online at the photos...did not buy any at that time.

Now I received so much additional information for grouping to slipt the cost of the CD, making copies for the others on your pass, then mailing them as a group leader.

Sounds like great fun and savings!
Blessings to all,
dianne

I am not clear on the photopass thing. I have never heard of it. (been a long time since I was at Disney) How exactly does it work?

Well, there are photographers stationed throughout the parks. When you have a photo taken by one of them, they will give you a photopass, a little plastic card(think credit card). Each time you have a picture taken, hand the photographer your card, they take your picture. Then they swipe your card, which stores your picture info on it. So, you could have hundreds of photos stored on one card. Then you can view and purchase your photos either at the photo places in the park or you can wait till you get home. You can view, add embellishments and order pictures all online. I think the price for an individual 5x7 is $12.95. If you purchase($125) or prepurchase($99) the cd, you also receive the copyright. Which means you can take the cd to any photo developer to have your photos printed. I don't know how many photos the cd will hold, but I have heard it can hold hundreds.

There is no definitive list of where the photographers are. You will find them around the entrances, the major attractions and the character meet n greets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter