• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the oe item that first time disneyers should bring from home (that they might

Ok well I was suggesting glow sticks for the evening for the parades/fireworks shows. It goes with the theme of the evening, kids love it, you have your lighted item so you don't have to buy anything and as you leave the park you can see where your whole group is.

As for interfering of the enjoyment of others during dark rides I can't think of any where its an issue -- but I am sure others have more specific thoughts.

Liz

Any ride or show whrere it's dark is interfering with others like POTC, HM, Philharmagic.... Any where it's dark and someone sitting beside you with something lit up is very annoying. If your child is afraid of the dark then they should go on the dark rides that's why they have the swap set up.

Ok well I was suggesting glow sticks for the evening for the parades/fireworks shows. It goes with the theme of the evening, kids love it, you have your lighted item so you don't have to buy anything and as you leave the park you can see where your whole group is.

As for interfering of the enjoyment of others during dark rides I can't think of any where its an issue -- but I am sure others have more specific thoughts.

Liz

HM, POTC, Philharmagic, Stitch's great escape, Space Mtn, Hall of Presidents, HISTA, Maelstrom, Sounds Dangerous, Tot, RnR, ITTBAB, Spaceship Earth, American Adventure, (parts of) EE, Dinosaur.

OP bodyglide is a deoderant like gel that you can apply to areas prone to blisters or chaffing and it will lubricate them to reduce or eliminate these issues. We have never used it bu DH wants to try this time, its suprising how much the FL heat & humidity with the tons of walking can break down parts of your body you would never suspect.

Tylenol or some other pain reliver and plenty of water (i hate fl water). Sometime the heat gives me headaches as well as dehydration will so tylenol is a must for me.

The small pouches of laundry detergent they sell in the sample sections at Wal-mart/Target etc...Saves you from buying it at the laundry rooms.

Band-aids, hand sanitizer, scissors. I take a plastic over the door shoe holder to hold toiletries and other items that I need to find easily to head out to the park. That's a big help to keep us organized...

This is a must have for anyone with kids! The door shoe holder is wonderful! It helped us keep medications out of reach for our 2 year old. We were able to organize hair stuff, make up, band aids, and much much more!!!! I never take a vacation without one!

Target has these little Disney battery powered fans with characters on them and when they are turned on, they have different colored lights that flash. They also sell these little toys that glows in many colors and spins. These are great for parades because they glow but you can turn them off, they are only a few dollars, and they have Disney characters on them. I already bought a bunch of them and packed them away. :)

thanks for the tips. really learned a lot about what to bring. it is our first time to go to disney world in sept. 9th. and i got really nervous about packing... got two small kids, one is 3, the other is 21 months. i can imagine the combination of excitement and exhaustion over there.

Another tip I forgot is pack your children's outfit's in gallon ziploc bags, one full outfit per bag. Put their outfit, undies, socks, hair acc., whatever in the bag. That way, each morning, you can grab a bag & go. That one tip saved me tons of time and helped me not overpack. I have DD's, so I have a tendency to take way to much, "just in case".

1. Rain Ponchos- 2 for $1 at the Dollar Store
2. Hit the sample aisle at Walmarts. Shampoo, soap, body wash, etc. Then we use the extra space by not taking that stuff home for souviners
3. Fanny Packs- for me and my DS. He can carry his own autograph book, pen, and spending money. We got him an adult size so it would hold the book.
4. Definetly Motrin or Tylenol. For headaches and muscle pains.

Moleskin in case you do get blisters. I carry some precut ones in my waist pack if I need it while in the parks.

Although, this year I wore New Balance running sneakers and they were terrific. Comfortable, lightweight, and no blisters.

Rain ponchos! The small ones that you can stick in a pocket.

I just hit the dollar store and picked up:
rain ponchos (2 in the pack!)
sunscreen in a cute little spray size that'll fit in my belt purse
rain bonnets (in case the ponchos are too hot)
glasses repair kit
mini first aid kit

Dollar stores are the best places for odds and ends!

A couple pair of shoes - so that you can switch off and give your feet a break.

Hats--I keep telling myself not to forget hats to shade our faces (and ears) from the Florida sun. Dh had skin cancer on one ear--make sure to sunscreen and shade, if at all possible, your kids' ears (yours, too!)

A couple of notes on things already posted.
If you're like me you can't just use any old sun screen (burn through most). Buy one with titanium Dioxide, banana boat baby in the pink tube is great. Buy a small squeezq bottle to put some in for the parks or if you don't want to carry the whole tube on the plane. They sell the bottles at Walmart, Target or Walgreens.
My bff bought a hat at Target for 5 bucks that folds up into it's own little case. Really nice and easy to store when on rides or such. :laundy:

I always bring items to keep the kids busy while standing in line...

A small notebook (I put a Disney sticker on the front) and a pen to play connect the dots or hangman

The cards from our Disney Scene It game (trivia questions)

Our Hidden Mickey book

We have a small hand held electronic 20 questions game

Snacks that I normally don't buy at home (fruit snacks, individual cheese-cracker packs, push-pops or baby-bottle pops...). The kids don't mind so much waiting in line if they know they get a special treat while they wait!

I also always bring our mist fans (from Walmart). These are a must in the Florida heat.:)

Moleskin!

Out of all the little things I bring and never use, moleskin is definitely not one of them! We use it so much I get scared about running out before the trip is over. It really is a lifesaver when it comes to blisters and hot spots on your feet. Couldn't do without it.

Also: Scissors, Dramamine, Tylenol, pillow from home (it helps me sleep better), extra memory cards, chargers, extra pair of shoes, and plenty of socks.

I like to bring a nightlight for the room. It was esp. useful when DS was younger, but we still do it now as all adults. I buy the cheapie ones so if I forget it, it's no big deal.

Tums/tummy meds - vacation= overindlugence ;)

Electrical Outlet splitter - we have lots of things that require charging & there never seems to be enough plugs.

Make sure you have two pairs of shoes for everyone; one trip I brought my well-broken-in sandals only to develop the most monstrous blisters I had ever had! I had to buy shoes at the park, which was such a pain, as I was not really anticipating shoe shopping in the itinerary :)

I agree with those who've mentioned first-aid items, band-aids, moleskin, neosporin, vaseline, pain relievers, OTC meds for your kids.

Have fun!

An understanding that Disney World is WAAAAAYYYYY too big to do all in one trip.

Over the door shoe hanger(dollar store one that you can throw away),pop up laundry basket frist aid kit that Includes the basics,from tums to alergy meds they tend to cost a few bucks at the resort store theres more lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter