• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what is the new incentive that started today?

vinny&lynn

Earning My Ears
i would be a new member; i'm thinking of a 160pt contract at blt.

if there is any added benefit, i have a referral and i can use a
disney visa card to pay either the downpayment or the whole thing.

although i know the incentive shouldn't be the deciding factor,
if the incentive is good enough, i can talk my dw into it!
i think;)

I am always curious to hear about the process of joining and the process of 'canceling' should one decide to do so. I am hesitant about joining because I need to know if there is a way out. In this economy, one can never be too sure they can keep paying for this. I go to WDW at least once a year and will be there three times in 2009 alone. I think this program would be a benfit but I am fearful. Any help is appreciated.

I am always curious to hear about the process of joining and the process of 'canceling' should one decide to do so. I am hesitant about joining because I need to know if there is a way out. In this economy, one can never be too sure they can keep paying for this. I go to WDW at least once a year and will be there three times in 2009 alone. I think this program would be a benfit but I am fearful. Any help is appreciated.

If this helps. I have been considering DVC for more than 3 years! Someone on these boards put me in touch with a fantastic guide. He has called my house at most 4 times in over three years and two of those calls were in response to a message I left him. My point being, ask a guide. They have had me on the mailing list for all these years so I recieved hreat information. When I finally decided to go for it, and left my guide a message he called me back and said it is not uncommon for people to research DVC for many years before purchasing, like I have done. It never hurts to speak to them, my guide is very very low key, no pressure! PM me if you would like his info!
I am in the process of submitting my paperwork on 160pt purchase at
BLT!!:yay:

If this helps. I have been considering DVC for more than 3 years! Someone on these boards put me in touch with a fantastic guide. He has called my house at most 4 times in over three years and two of those calls were in response to a message I left him. My point being, ask a guide. They have had me on the mailing list for all these years so I recieved hreat information. When I finally decided to go for it, and left my guide a message he called me back and said it is not uncommon for people to research DVC for many years before purchasing, like I have done. It never hurts to speak to them, my guide is very very low key, no pressure! PM me if you would like his info!
I am in the process of submitting my paperwork on 160pt purchase at
BLT!!:yay:

We have basicly the same story except our guide wasn't so good. However, we did the tour three years ago and never took the jump. We also were not thrilled about buying in at SSR. When BLT came along we decided to take the plunge. With everything I know know and considering we took two additional trips to Disney in the last two years... both staying at the YC, I'm kind of kicking myself for not doing this sooner. We just bought 160 points at BLT and I figure we'll add on additional points in a year or so.

If you travel to WDW at least once every year or every other year and stay at deluxe hotels then DVC may be a good fit. It is a way to pre-pay your vacation accommodations and gives you the fleixibility to use your points for whenever you wish to travel ( you are not locked into a particular week or season and do not need to book a minimum number of nights ) and to pick accommodations that range from a studio that sleeps 4 up to 3 bedroom Grand Villas that sleep 12.

In addition to what it will cost you to buy-in for a particular number of points there will be annual Maintenance Fees and that amount is determined by the DVC resort your points are from X number of points you own; maintenance fees are payable in one lump sum each January or you may have them deducted monthly from your checking account. So there is an annual expense associated with DVC ownership ( & if you finance the purchase those monthly payments as well ) in addition to all the other things to be paid for - transportation to/from WDW, park tickets, meals, etc.

If you do purchase and find it isn't something you want to stay in long term then you can sell your membership. The Timeshare Store which is the board's sponsor is a resale broker that handles many DVC contracts. Click on their banner at top of page to get an idea of what seller's are offering various contracts for. If you purchase your DVC contract via resale market instead of buying directly from Disney you may buy into DVC for less points than the minimum amount Disney requires new buyers to purchase so buying a resale contract can be a good way to ease into ownership (& often the savings in resale price vs Disney's price can be significant) With a smaller contract purchase you can see if DVC is to your liking; if it is then at a later date you can always add on extra points if you wish.

Best wishes to you :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter