What is the most romantic resort?

ufgator

DIS Veteran
I'm just curious what you think is the most romantic resort and why? Thank you. :)

Of the ones I have stayed at (ASSports, ASMu, GF, Poly and WL) I would say the Poly but the GF is pretty close. The atmosphere at the Poly was so relaxing and peaceful too.....and watching Wishes from our balcony was so romantic (we stayed there on our honeymoon).....we're staying at POFQ this weekend and I have also heard that that too is a romantic resort...can't wait to stay there. I guess it is a subjective question but I vote the Poly....

We also watched the fireworks from our balcony at the Polynesian (with three kids!). It was definately the most "emtion" provoking experience we have had at the World. So I would vote for the Poly too as long as you have a lagoon view room. From the beach at the Poly wouldn't be bad either. Otherwise, it doesn't really matter where you are, just who you're with. My only trip with only my husband was in 1976. We stayed at FW in a converted van (hippie style). I thought that was pretty romantic at the time, now I'd kill him if he tried that!!

The Polynesian, although we also found POFQ to have a nice level of romance.

But the Polynesian with it's lush foliage, yup, that's is :)

Anne

Your replies will be varied on this one I'm sure. For me it would be AKL. Beautiful to stroll around in the evening, and you can't beat the Disney "moonlight" on the savannah, or the various fire pits. I thought the rooms were exotic as well.

I would have to say the Beach Club. We stayed at the Poly and eventhough we went durning a slow season I felt as though we were always surrounded by too many people for it to be truly romantic. At the Beach Club It felt like we had our own retreat.

So far, I'd have to say the Polynesian. We did, however, take advantadge of great moonlit strolls along the streets of French Quarter, but there's just something about the Poly. The lit tiki torches at night, listening to the water ripple in on the beach as you lay in the hammock, watching the fireworks from Sunset Point. Pretty awesome! We're going to try Caribbean Beach in May by ourselves, so I'll let you know the "romantic" factor of that resort when we return.

AKL is definately romantic. The savannah view, the wonderful colors of the rooms, great smells and music throughout.

horner5 summed it up - the Polynesian has so many different opportunities and locations to feel "romantic". (No, not "Get" romantic :blush: ). I picked the Polynesian for DW and me for our first "empty-nester" trip to WDW, and it was great. From the beach views of the fireworks, to the relaxing sounds of the waterfalls in the lush GCH, it's very "hakuna matata". Our favorite was simply taking a stroll at night on the curving paths through the palms, with the flickering of the tiki torches and the island music piped through hidden speakers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter