What is the most romantic resort hotel?

Cinderellainlove

Earning My Ears
My fiance and I are having a Disney Fairytale wedding and I am wondering what peoples opinions are about the most romantic hotel on property to stay at following the wedding? I think we will stay at a Value resort before the wedding but we want something kind of special for the "honeymoon". Opinions appreciated! Thank you in advance.:lovestruc

I think the Polynesian is romantic :lovestruc It's where we're staying the last 2 nights of our wedding trip and I'm excited to watch the fireworks from the beach with a Lapu Lapu in hand!

Disney's Boardwalk Resort! But then again i'm biased as I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else -the location alone is perfect - just a short walk away from epcot and bit of a longer walk from hollywood studios. You have the shopping and nightlife on the boardwalk.
For me there's nothing more magical and romantic than a night just sitting on the boardwalk taking in the smells of the bakery and the restaurants, hearing the music from jellyrolls and the atlantic dance hall, and watching illuminations from the bridge just perfect! :cloud9:

The Polynesian is my favorite. There is nothing better than sitting on the beach watching Wishes over the castle. :lovestruc

For us I think it is a room at Bay Lake Tower with a Magic Kingdom view and some privacy!

Polynesian, but I also like all of the Epcot resorts (Boardwalk, Yacht & Beach Clubs) and Wilderness Lodge for romantic vacations. Animal Kingdom can also be romantic, but it doesn't have the water that the other resorts have.

Depends on what you consider romance - I love to go on a late night stroll which I feel is very romantic - so I love POR and BW as they have amazing places to walk around and benches to sit on and talk.
I have not stayed at the Poly but I imagine that the beach there is amazing at night!

3rd Vote for both Port Orleans Resorts! That walk in between both resorts is beyond amazing and the boat ride down to Downtown Disney is <3 Even if you don't have a private boat, it's still peaceful. Haven't done the carriage rides there, but people love those when it comes to being romantic. And lastly, The Beach Club Villas Reading rooms during the day are most of the time empty and make for nice alone time together.

Good Luck choosing! Remember, the more expensive a resort is, doesn't mean it's better. I worked at GF as well and eh, the rooms were nice, but they didn't stand out to me. Now that's just me. I rather stay at the contemporary and PO any day then GF.

For me it would be BWI! I found it had a more adult vibe than some of the other resorts and it almost seemed tucked away (can't really describe it - but thinking vs. the GF where there's always alot of hustle and bustle in the lobby). If money were no object I think the Garden Suites at BWI would be the most romantic spot of all!

If we are talking inside the resort I'd go for a deluxe but if you will just be walking around the property and hanging out I love POR. I love feeling like I'm walking through a park and its just the two of us. I never get that feeling at the deluxes. I feel like they put so much inside that the walking paths outside are just lacking.

I'm gonna say either wilderness lodge or boardwalk

Thank you everyone for your messages! I think we decided to stay at POR!!!! It seems so romantic.:) We are so excited!!!

great decision, I was going to also say POR :goodvibes we stayed there during our wedding/honeymoon and it was wonderful!! if you can get a room on the river in the Magnolia Bend section I think you'll love it (that's where we were).

A garden suite at the Boardwalk or a one bedroom at Bay lake towers, Beach Club, Boardwalk or Wilderness lodge villa's. They all have balconies, huge showers and jacuzzi tubs for 2!

My fiance and I are having a Disney Fairytale wedding and I am wondering what peoples opinions are about the most romantic hotel on property to stay at following the wedding? I think we will stay at a Value resort before the wedding but we want something kind of special for the "honeymoon". Opinions appreciated! Thank you in advance.:lovestruc

Congratulations!!
Are you having guests come to fill a room block? I just ask as since we filled our room block for all our guests, we were given a Free room at the Grand Floridian Club Level with a Magic Kingdom View for our Honeymoon night. It was fantastic!! We had pre-arranged with the Food Services staff to have a special dinner sent to our room from Narcoossee's and Citricos. We pulled the couch over by the window and ate and watched the Wishes Fireworks. It was just amazing. Plus, in the Club Level rooms you get a big bath tub:love:
I don't know if you can pick the free room as they were just like- we're giving you the GF and we were like- Yeah!! Plus, I did a lot of planning about where we wanted to spend our Honeymoon night and since there is no official Honeymoon Suite anymore, the GF had the best options when it came to romance and of course, the bathtub! It's not as big as the ones in the Vacation Club Villas, but it's big enough for 2:hug: I think they said they usually offer the GF as it's the Weddings' HUB.

So I would say the GF. If I had to pick another then the Boardwalk. The Boardwalk has awesome views too. I just think it's super romantic to just chill and watch the Fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter