• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the meaning of EPCOT?

A bus driver told me that Epcot stands for Every Person Comes Out Tired!!

Officially, I think Epcot is supposed to be the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow.

Another bus driver gave us Every Parent Carries Out Toddlers and Every Pocketbook Comes Out Thinner. :-)

Haha, well while all those are pretty funny, addicted2disney is the most right. When the concept was first begun in the 60s, and even when the park opened it was EPCOT, Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow. However, Disney changed the name from an acronym in the 90s to the name Epcot. Now it's meaning is the name of the park, but it of course still has the historic full acronymic title.

JLindley2003 said:
Haha, well while all those are pretty funny, addicted2disney is the most right. When the concept was first begun in the 60s, and even when the park opened it was EPCOT, Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow. However, Disney changed the name from an acronym in the 90s to the name Epcot. Now it's meaning is the name of the park, but it of course still has the historic full acronymic title.

Except now EPCOT stands for Experimental Prototype Community of Twentieth-century. The place needs some serious updating .....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter