• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the longest continuous stay you have done?

3 weeks, including Vero. I was with DH and friends during different parts of the trip. Had to get out of cold Ohio.

12 nights. We decided it was 2 nights too long. The next year we did 10 nights. Seemed about right, so we did 10 the following year. That seemed a day or two too long. The next year we did 9 nights. It seemed perfect. The next year we split Universal/Disney, and did 3 Universal days and 7 Disney days (9 total nights). That worked out really well for us, and that's become our standard length of stay now.

12 nights. We decided it was 2 nights too long. The next year we did 10 nights. Seemed about right, so we did 10 the following year. That seemed a day or two too long. The next year we did 9 nights. It seemed perfect. The next year we split Universal/Disney, and did 3 Universal days and 7 Disney days (9 total nights). That worked out really well for us, and that's become our standard length of stay now.
We're planning a 9-nighter WDW next year. Any suggestion for how many days to spend at each park?

Last edited:

We're planning a 9-nighter WDW next year. Any suggestion for how many days to spend at each park?

In general, we're doing 3 full days at MK, 2 full days at Epcot, 1 full day at HS, 1 full day at AK, and then split the other 2 days between morning trips to HS with afternoon at Disney Springs, or day at the pool followed by night at Epcot or Disney Springs. The morning of the 10th day we'll generally hit whatever park we're closest to, or Disney Springs to do some additional shopping.

Our longest trip to WDW alone was 10 nights last summer (a 5 / 5 split between BCV and AKV). We also did a 10 night trip a few years ago with 7 at BCV followed by 3 at VB. We really like a 10 night trip. Two years ago we did 2 n at DL followed by 7 at Aulani then 3 n on Maui and 4 years ago we did 4 nights in Paris followed by a night in Barcelona prior to a 7 n DCL Med cruise with 2 more nights after the cruise in Barcelona...then we accidently got stuck 1 more night in Paris due to our flight home being cancelled....THAT was our longest trip ever and it really started to feel like we'd been gone a LONG time by the time we got home after 15 nights away.

We for quite a while did 3 weeks in Oct and 3 weeks in March...but have cut back now.. we have only 10days booked this year in Oct.

We're are from the west coast so like to go for about two weeks. We've done 15 and 16 night trips but usually it's 11 to 13. We usually split stays but stayed 12 nights in a 1 bed at Kidani in 2010 and 11 nights in a 2 bed at Saratoga last year.

We did 9 days at the beginning of June last year. It was perfect. Only 5 work days off because we started and ended on the weekend

One time we did do a 21 day stay at BWV after I was hospitalized. We did take it slow and enjoyed the resort. We usually did 10-12 days if we don't have the grandkids. I missed them. We stay 8 days with the grandkids.

I'm a FL resident, so the longest we stayed as a recently new DVC member so far has been 3 nights (weekends). We are leaving Sunday for a 4 night stay at our home resort, the Polynesian. Super Stoked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter