What is the likelihood...

EReyeSee

Earning My Ears
of seeing marine life in the Pacific on the repositioning DCL Wonder going from SD to Vancouver in May? This will be our second cruise. On our first, we were on the Fantasy in the Caribbean last summer for 7nts and I was lucky enough to spot a school of jumping dolphins on one morning run. Unfortunately, my kids were not with me and so they never spotted anything in the ocean the whole entire time, so from that experience my expectation is that we will not be seeing anything. Is it really extremely rare? If not, what is there a chance of seeing?

I can tell you out of Vancouver on an Alaska cruise we saw a lot and as they migrate from the Pacific I would say a good chance for you.

We did the repo cruise two years ago and didn't see any marine life at all. Hope you have better luck.

Last year we saw sea turtles, Dolphins, seals, a few whales and an American crocodile...the sea turtles, whales and dolphins were best spotted on our sea days between Panama and Puerto Vallarta...the crocodile was near the eastern lock entrance...when at sea, the captain will sometimes make a ship wide announcement when a larger pod of dolphins are near...the Dolphins can get close to the ship, sea turtles are sometimes in the wake and can be viewed with the naked eye, whales will sometimes need binoculars or a spotting scope..

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter