What is the latest I can cruise while pregnant?

BelleNJ

Finally a Floridian!!!
So, I will just be about 6 months pregnant when our cruise date comes around. I thought I read somewhere that they won't allow you to cruise after a certain point. Was it after your 6th month? Any suggestions?

This is from the Terms and Conditions:

Women who have entered their 24th week of pregnancy as of their embarkation date will be refused passage due to safety concerns. Neither a physician's medical statement nor a waiver of liability will be accepted. In addition, Disney Cruise Line cannot be held responsible or liable for any complications relating to pregnancy at any stage. Infants under 12 weeks old will not be allowed to travel aboard Disney Cruise Line ships.

outahere said:
This is from the Terms and Conditions:

Women who have entered their 24th week of pregnancy as of their embarkation date will be refused passage due to safety concerns. Neither a physician's medical statement nor a waiver of liability will be accepted. In addition, Disney Cruise Line cannot be held responsible or liable for any complications relating to pregnancy at any stage. Infants under 12 weeks old will not be allowed to travel aboard Disney Cruise Line ships.

I hope the OP hasn't made final payment yet!

We cruised several years ago when I was around 26 weeks pregnant. I had a note from my OBGYN saying I was cleared to travel, etc. They never even asked to see it when we checked in/embarked. What are they going to say, "Excuse me maam, but you look 27 weeks not 22!" ;)
I'd just have a note from your doc to be on the safe side.
Now DD loves to say that she has been on the Mickey boat twice including once while in mommy's tummy. Happy cruising.

Boo said:
We cruised several years ago when I was around 26 weeks pregnant. I had a note from my OBGYN saying I was cleared to travel, etc. They never even asked to see it when we checked in/embarked. What are they going to say, "Excuse me maam, but you look 27 weeks not 22!" ;)
I'd just have a note from your doc to be on the safe side.
Now DD loves to say that she has been on the Mickey boat twice including once while in mommy's tummy. Happy cruising.
I don't mean to come across as a sour-puss here, but I'd hate to see anyone disappointed at the port....

If you are obviously pregnant they have the right to ask how far along you are, and to ask for written documentation of your due date AND that you are fit to travel.

If you are past the week # that the cruise line allows, regardless of the doctor declaring you fit to travel, they can refuse to allow you to board (and they are not obligated to refund you any monies). And typically travel insurance will not reimburse for cancellation due to pregnancy (because you would've known before cancellation penalties started that you were pregnant and how far along you'd be by the cruise).

DW was 28 weeks along on one of our cruises, we got an okay from the doctor, but this was in the days before cruise lines seemed to care. This was on RCCL, and at that time when we checked they had no policy on how far along women could be.

I was 21 wks along when I cruised in October 2005 and they definitely asked to see my documentation from my doctor. I don't think they let you sneak by on this one anymore.

I cruised at exactly 24 weeks pregnant on DCL. You have to have a medical form filled out by your doctor (and it asks specifically how many weeks along you will be at sailing.) Women who have entered into their 24th week will be refused boarding.
The funny thing was thet the DCL CM checking us in did not notice I was pregnant (as it was "hiding" below the counter) and once she saw she did ask me for the medical form.
Sue Ellen

I recently read an account of a woman cruising with another cruise line. She was one week farther along than the cruiseline policy. She had a signed statement from her doctor that indicated how far along she was but also clearing her for cruisng. The cruiseline did refuse to board her. She had thought that the doctor's letter would allow her to board, but it did not. The cruiseline said the rest of the party could board, but the pregnant woman could not. Cruiselines seem to take the seriously.

I think the thought is that in your third trimester, if you go into premature labor the baby could be saved given the right medical care. There isnt a prenatal unit on the ship... your baby's life is more important and I can always go on a cruise next year!

Btw, I'm 14 weeks right now Ill be 17 weeks on my cruise, so I don't expect any trouble.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter