What is the latest boarding process for the Dream?

shannonandtom

Mouseketeer
We have a 12:30 boarding time. Does that mean we are guaranteed to get on the ship at that time? And do they call out boarding times instead of numbers?

Or, do you still get a number when you check-in?

We don't want to get screwed by getting there at noon and expecting to get on at 12:30 only to receive a number that will get us on much later than that. If they are still doing numbers, then we will get there around 10:00 so we can get on for lunch.

Anyone been on the Dream recently that can speak to this?

Thanks!!

I'd be willing to bet what you have is a port arrival time, not a boarding time. The port arrival time is not enforced, you can arrive at the port when you want and get a number as always.

We got to the port at 10:30 via CI&S shuttle and we got a boarding number of 8. Our official boarding time on DCL website was 11:00-11:30. When we got our number the lady was giving them out in sequential number. We were never given the option of a lower number. We were on the ship by 12:30.

It's not a boarding time you get, it's a check in time at the terminal.

Apparently they're not enforcing this new procedure until later on this year or even early next year. They want to wait until everyone knows about checking in online first by all accounts.:)

It's not a boarding time you get, it's a check in time at the terminal.

Apparently they're not enforcing this new procedure until later on this year or even early next year. They want to wait until everyone knows about checking in online first by all accounts.:)

How will they ever enforce it via online check in? Not everyone cruising uses this newfangled internet thing.

We had online check in at 11-11:30, got to the port at 9:45am and got number 4. It was by port arrival time.

We are just off the Dream yesterday....

Our online check in time Sunday was 12:30pm, but we arrived at 12 noon. I was given boarding number 21, and we were on at 1:15pm.

Hope this helps :banana:

We are just off the Dream yesterday....

Our online check in time Sunday was 12:30pm, but we arrived at 12 noon. I was given boarding number 21, and we were on at 1:15pm.

Hope this helps :banana:

That's exactly what I was afraid of. I'm glad I asked the question.
We will plan on arriving around 10:00.

Thanks everyone for the feedback!!

We are staying at a WDW resort the night before, and it is linked to our cruise reservation (made the resort ressie through DCL with our cruise ressie). I remember reading somewhere that when you check in at the WDW resort, that is your check-in for the cruise as well. So will that give us a lower boarding number? (We are driving our own vehicle, not using Disney transportation)

We got off last Sun. Got to terminal around 10:00--others were still unloading so we waited outside 10 min or so (guess we were excited:cool1:).

got boarding #5 (had 11:30 -12:00 online booking). Probably could have had 2 or 3 but waited on others in party to park. Tried to get Kids bracelet but system was down--waited in line over 1 hr while kids & DH sat in terminal. DO NOT get in that line ....takes 5 minutes on ship to get checked in (did that after lunch at EG).

Boarded around 12....faster than I thought. Had lunch at EG & then pool (WHICH IS ONLY TIME IT SEEMED PACKED w/people).

We are staying at a WDW resort the night before, and it is linked to our cruise reservation (made the resort ressie through DCL with our cruise ressie). I remember reading somewhere that when you check in at the WDW resort, that is your check-in for the cruise as well. So will that give us a lower boarding number? (We are driving our own vehicle, not using Disney transportation)
I don't think so. It seems like they're giving out boarding numbers according to when you arrive at the terminal.

I don't think so. It seems like they're giving out boarding numbers according to when you arrive at the terminal.

You can also check in at MCO if you are using DCL transport and get a baording number prior to arriving at the Port. But you are right, no check or boarding numbers at the WDW resorts.

It took us almost an hour and half from arrival at the Port before we were on the ship when we took DCL transfers for BWV in May. We were not on the ship until 2:30 pm. With early dining, we were glad we had already eaten lunch at the Resort. -- Suzanne

If you booked a land & sea package through DCL, you used to have to only check in once. You checked in at your resort and your resort KTTW were also your ship KTTW. Since they have gone to a photo ID KTTW card on the ships, I imagine everyone must check in there also. Even if DCL made the arrangements for your resort stay and you have your reservations linked, you are still going to need new KTTW cards, which means checking in to get them.

I cant seem to find my boarding time online or on my cruise documents. Can you tell me where to find it?

Do you still have to find a DCL rep in the terminal to get a number, or is it assigned when you actually check in at the desk? TIA

Just got back friday from b2b 3/5 night cruise. The online checkin time is just a suggested arrival time to try and space out everyone. We had a 12:30 checkin time but arrived early (10:45) When we got in line we were handed #13 for boarding. Started boarding at 12 and we were called around 12:40. I think they are trying to space out the number of people heading to the 2 buffets.

We were on with friends and family (5-night) this week. We arrived at the port around 9:00 a.m. We were the fourth or fifth family to check in and were given boarding #2 (our online check-in slot was 10:30). We boarded around noon. My friend and also my brother checked in at the airport (stayed at the Hyatt and then used Disney transportation). They both were on the 2nd bus to the port and one had #3 (boarded about 15 minutes after us) and other had a #4 (not sure what time they boarded - but assume about 30 minutes after us) for boarding (they received their boarding numbers at the airport). They arrived at the port about 10 minutes after we checked in (which was just after 10). I hope that helps someone!

We had a check in time at 11.30- 12. We arrived at 12.15pm. We got boarding #26, (the CM didn't even ask for our check in time). We were called for boarding at 2.15 pm!:eek:
Never again will we arrive that late for the Dream or Fantasy:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter