What is the "irresistible" allure of Birthday FP's?

We are going in 3 weeks on my son's 5th b-day! I have already told hime he will get a special card from Mickey to go shopping with. He already has in mind some things he saw last year ( Pirate Mickey )!

We are going for my DD 12th birthday. We'll be at Magic Kingdom that day, as she was really wanting to go to CRT for a special breakfast. Well, that also happens to be a very busy day at MK, early EMH. Spring Break. We are expecting BIG crowds, and being that we will be taking a good chunk of the morning for CRT.

I asked my daughter want she would rather have, the FP or the $75. She didn't even hesitate. Fast Passes.

I've heard conflicting reports - some say it will be for 4 total rides per person, some have said 8. Guess it depends on the expected crowd. I'm guessing we'll get 4.

The point it....It's her special day and she can choose what she wants. We have other Disney Rewards to use and DH got some bonus gift cards from his employer. Disney was an option, so we have those. I think DD is smart, too. She knows mom and dad are going to buy her stuff anyway, so go with something we can't buy her!

My opinion, she'll forget about the $75 gift card she would've spent. She'll always remember getting to use "special" fast passes that most everyone else there won't have. All about the memories and the experience.

We're going for the FP option on my DH birthday. The reasons being that the park will be busy, we don't want to be at MK exactly for opening & my DH wouldn't want to spend $75 on merchandise and it's his birthday.

We are travelling with children of different ages and time is more important to me. I reckon combining these with nornal FP will save us time. Plus we can all do our own combinations of the birthday FP's depending on age/favourite rides so the choices work well for us.

I don't look at it as a money comparison, the FP may not actually be worth $75 as such and would I pay that for them? Definately not but they are free. I can spend $75 any day of the year in Disney (budget permitting) but I can only have these additional FP's on a birthday day.

I guess it's a good thing there are choices and we all have a choice that suits us best:)

One person on here said they got 8 FPs and other is saying 4. Which is it?

It is.

Disney originally advertised that you could get two FPs from each group, for a total of 4 FPs. More recently they appear to have increased that to 4 FPs/group, for a total of 8. But that is subject to change at any time, although this is the first time I've heard of it being available at a park other than MK.

I can't help you because I have yet to get my arms around why people jump through hoops to save $30 on a ticket from Joe's Ticket Store for a trip that usually costs us $3000-$4000 ANYWAY.

Sorry. I got nuttin' but I like the way you're thinkin'! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

In our case, it's $30 times 5 people, so $150 is not chump change.

The only thing I can think of why people would take the FP's might be that they don't plan to spend that much money in one day. My understanding is that the gift card is only good on your birthday.

It's not a problem for me to spend $75, but maybe for someone else :lmao:

If I was going during peak season, and had children, I'd probably do the FP rather than the GC b/c it would save a good amount of time, especially if they have increased the number of FPs from a total of 4 to a total of 8.

Since my birthday trip was in the latter part of January, and it was not crowded, we took the GC.

The only thing I can think of why people would take the FP's might be that they don't plan to spend that much money in one day. My understanding is that the gift card is only good on your birthday.

That information is incorrect.

The gift card, and any remaining value, remains valid until fully spent at
any Disney-owned store.

It is.

Disney originally advertised that you could get two FPs from each group, for a total of 4 FPs. More recently they appear to have increased that to 4 FPs/group, for a total of 8. But that is subject to change at any time, although this is the first time I've heard of it being available at a park other than MK.

To me 4 is not worth it but 8 sure might be.

Can you use the birthday GC towards a stroller rental? Anyone know?
Thanks in advance!

I agree. I would totally take the cash!!!

We are possibly traveling down with a group of 10 in Nov, which my B-day falls during our tentative trip. If all 10 of us could use the FP, I would consider taking that as well.

The free admission for me who is already paying for a 8 day pass doesn't really seem to make sense to me and my family.

If I was going during peak season, and had children, I'd probably do the FP rather than the GC b/c it would save a good amount of time, especially if they have increased the number of FPs from a total of 4 to a total of 8.

Since my birthday trip was in the latter part of January, and it was not crowded, we took the GC.

I can see that logic. Like I said when we went New Years week we really took advantage of huge crowds. Would not have even got on TSM the whole day. If there are minimal crowds it isn't as important. Also it may depend on how many of you there are. Just 2 isn't as big of a deal as 12, especially if its now 8 each-96 FP's for one day?

We are possibly traveling down with a group of 10 in Nov, which my B-day falls during our tentative trip. If all 10 of us could use the FP, I would consider taking that as well.

No question we would take 80 FP's (even 40) over a $75 gift card. That would be a great gift to share with them. Have fun planning which park. :thumbsup2

Can someone explain in detail how these b-day FP work as compared to a regular FP? We will be there on my son's b-day(Sat Aug 1), 7 people in our party.

I was gonna give him the GC, but now I'm curious how these passes might work to our advantage.

I agree. I would totally take the cash!!!

The free admission for me who is already paying for a 8 day pass doesn't really seem to make sense to me and my family.

From what I have read, it is good for the person celebrating the birthday and up to 5 additional people in their party. So, I don't think you'll get it for all 10 of you, but for 6. You could share them, I'm sure. Who knows, maybe that will change.

From what I have read, it is good for the person celebrating the birthday and up to 5 additional people in their party. So, I don't think you'll get it for all 10 of you, but for 6. You could share them, I'm sure. Who knows, maybe that will change.

Several people have reported getting more than 6, but you are only guaranteed up to 6 (assuming they are still available at all).

I took the gift card and spent it in upstate NY Disney Store.... Im still here in upstate NY and having major Disney withdrawal,,,,,heading back home the end of the month. Gotta keep my EE record up there ya know,,,ºOº

I don't know if anyone mentioned this but it's not an ordinary FP exactly. If you look at it, you can see I got this on New Years Day at 1:37 (lower right corner), it was good instantly for one hour. I was also told it was good for the rest of the day. Unlike a regular FP that gives you a window later that day-they are instant, and you can get as many as you want at one time. See the "another available after 1:36" So for example if you have 10 people, and everyone just loves Soarin, you can get 40 instant Soarin passes (with the current 8 each and 10 in your party) and go anytime that day you want, 4 times each in row if you want, or 2 now and 2 after dinner but before Illuminations. Same with TSM or EE-something thats usually 50 to 100 minutes. Plus you dont have to rush and open the park to get a lot done-or even stay late for that matter.

If it stays at 8 each, next time we may just sleep in, hit AK at 10AM and do Everest 4 times in a row (48 passes), FOTLK and Nemo, the head to MK or DHS for the night shows.

WDWXMAS2008383.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter