• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the Easter Bunny bringing this year?

Erin1700

<font color=purple>At least I am bragging about us
Trying to think of something exciting for the kids this year.

I have the usual candy and a summer outfit for them.

Nothing expensive, but trying to think of some outside toys to get that they would like!

My kids are DD11 and DS5.

The EB only brings candy to my house and is not messing with a good thing.

I always feel like the Easter grinch around here because a lot of my friends buy their kids a lot of gifts at Easter!

I found these little Easter eggs with Thomas trains inside. Some Mario and Luigi Lego figures with a mini football table will go in older DSs basket. The Easter bunny also leaves quarters in our eggs since DSS doesn't like candy!

I always feel like the Easter grinch around here because a lot of my friends buy their kids a lot of gifts at Easter!

My 9yr old niece lives with my MIL and always gets very expensive extravagent easter baskets. My kids are always like why did DN get a bike and roller blades and clothes and and and...... and all we got was some candy and a movie? :confused:

I don't like that easter has become such a big gift giving holiday. My kids will continue to get small baskets. I tell them the same thing I tell them about Santa, that we have to give the easter bunny and santa money and that's why everyone has different things in their baskets or under the tree.

The EB only brings candy to my house and is not messing with a good thing.

We switched years ago because DS isn't a candy eater. He'd rather have a t-shirt or some new hoops shorts. Last year I did get him the beaded Godiva egg with chocolate eggs inside. He loved the big egg and the small chocolate eggs are still in there. See-not a candy eater.

Well the EB so far has not started to work on a basket,lol. Because the EB is just dumbfounded,lol.

DD13 will be with her dad for spring break and Easter and I won't see her until the 12th because she is going out of state.

She doesn't get a lot of candy here, because she will still get candy at her dads and grandparents(his fiancee's parents) so she gets loaded up on candy as it is.

So she may get a some peeps, choc. bunny, gum, maybe itunes card, and sidewalk chalk, which she is still into messing with.

My dd9 is getting a new cheer tee shirt, just dance summer for the wii (11.99 at Best buy!), a monster high activity book and a chocolate bunny. We do a scavenger hunt to find the basket...the easter bunny leaves the first clue next to her bed and she has to follow the clues to find the basket..she loves that part!!

My kids get 1 item and then some candy in their baskets. Sometimes it's a new shirt or pajamas. We also do an Easter egg hunt in the backyard with plastic eggs filled with money.

This year DS is getting Lego POTC for the Xbox and DD is getting the movie Dolphin Tale. Nothing big or extravagant from the Easter Bunny in our house. It just doesn't seem right to do that when you think about the true meaning of Easter and what the Lenten season is about.

My niece (14 months) only has 4 teeth so she is getting no candy. I am giving her two outfits, a bunch of korker hair bows and toy computer that i gave to her early.

No candy here really except a bag of pretzel MnMs . He won't eat it . I do put a bunny in ,but its a Godiva bunny for me ; ) . IDK . Normally its swim stuff and a spring outfit , all of which is good for as I caught swimsuits last year dirt cheap.

Think Ill give him some nano bugs , he seems to be really into them right now , a couple of books, new toothbrush , and some pjs. I already have a skylander in closet from xmas hidden, ill pull that out too. Im sure Ill come up with a few other goodies before then. Usually Im done by now, I lost track of time this year.

I grew up a huge basket, always full of gifts, as did some of my friends. I never got a ton of candy, but I had friends that got so much candy they could have opened their own store. My deeply religious parents didn't have one issue with the Bunny.

I think the Bunny has brought what the Bunny wanted to bring for many many many years. Gifts are nothing new, neither is enough candy to rot a kids teeth out . Different strokes for different folks .

My kiddo is getting swim goggles, a door bell for her room from Avon, and a pack of post it notes! She loves her some post-its!

Our neighborhood does an egg hunt on Easter afternoon and all the kids that participate get a goody bag of candy so more candy is overkill. Especially since we still have Halloween candy.

I don't consider Easter to be a gift giving holiday. My kids are getting a little bit of candy. That's it. Of course, mine are almost 13 and almost 17, so the Easter Bunny is a thing of the past....

For those who have kids who don't eat candy- my niece doesn't eat candy either. I just give her a couple of those canister snacks, like Doritos or Pringles in a basket.

Maybe a gift card or small gift in each basket, but overall we try to keep it low key except for the massive egghunt we do. We have some friends that have turned Easter into Christmas Part 2, but we don't go there.

My DD (4 the week after Easter) is getting a game for her leap pad and 2 mini lalaloopsy dolls (Pete R Can fly and Pixie Dust I think are the names!). DS have no idea (will be 2 next month). In the past DD has gotten little stuffed animals - last year bought DS a vtech bunny.
Also will buy chocolate bunny for DD (she's obsessed with them!) and a few small candy pieces to hide in eggs.

We had to explain to her that the Easter Bunny is not Santa because she decided she was going to make a list of what the Easter Bunny could bring to her!

We do summer for my DD6. She gets some pool toys and her raft or boogie board (neither are out yet this year) her bathing suit, flipflops, beach towel and sunglasses (all minnie this year) a couple of Disney tshirts i got on clearance for our trip, and I found these glow in the dark bubbles they look cool may not work but I really want to try them. Very little candy other than Reeses eggs that we have to have cause candy here just seems to go to moms hips :)
Hope everyone has a fantastic Easter!!

DS6 is getting a little candy (a couple snickers eggs, a chocolate rabbit, a few eggs with jelly beans in it and maybe a package of peeps).

For his gifts I keep it light. He is getting the HOP dvd, a book, a packet of math flashcards, some baseball scoring think (like an umpire uses....don't ask :rotfl:) and a package of angry bird band aids. I usually spend about $25-$30 on the gifts and $5-$10 on the candy. I spent $30 total this year :cool1:

We switched years ago because DS isn't a candy eater. He'd rather have a t-shirt or some new hoops shorts. Last year I did get him the beaded Godiva egg with chocolate eggs inside. He loved the big egg and the small chocolate eggs are still in there. See-not a candy eater.

That's why the EB tends to bring the good stuff (that dh and I like, too).;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter