What is the diference betwen TP and MK view at CR?

shopn24seven

DIS Veteran
We have NEVER stayed at the CR, so I am a bit iffy on the different room categories. When I called last night to reserve a room, they had a STD room and I asked if there were any BETTER categories available and my CM told me "yes, there is a theme park view." He said we could see WISHES from our room.
I booked it, needless to say.

Now, I discover that there is a MK view, so what is the difference between a THEME PARK and MAGIC KINGDOM view? Better rooms or higher up? LOL

I think they are the same. :confused3
One side of CR is MK view. The other side is Bay Lake view.

There was a 1000.00 difference in the prices, I believe.
One category is title TOWER and the MK is an ATRIUM CL room.
Not sure where the TOWER is....I asked if it was BLT and the cm said NO it was in the MAIN building.
I am just confused where the THEME PARK rooms are located.
I don't want to pay for a parking lot view, KWIM.

A theme park view will also be a parking lot view.
One side covers MK/Seven Seas Lagoon/Poly/GF. The other side -- Bay Lake.
Tower use to refer to the main CR building, since there were also Garden Views (not connected to the main bldg).
I suppose they could still call it the Tower. Although I would think that confusing with Bay Lake Tower now there.
Tower at CR probably just defines tower as the Main bldg, and not Garden view rooms.

ATRIUM CL is concierge level (club level).

I just called back and the cm said " They guarantee you a view of the them park"
I asked if it would be a crammed filled parking out lot and she said no.
She said they are in the MAIN BLDG FACING THE THEME PARK.

Is that a tower view? I have never stayed at CR and not sure of all the CR lingo. LOL

Theme park view -- Turning your head slightly to your right will be MK.
Below and direct in front will be a parking lot and green area. (Such as valet parking and the giant mouse watch.) Beyond that, the view is Seven Seas Lagoon. Beyond that other monorail resorts and the wedding chapel.
If Photobucket was working properly I could post some views. However...

I actually find it soothing to sit on the CR balcony in the early morning and watch "the world" wake up. Off in the distance quite often are hot air balloons too.

I don't know.... One night we stayed with another couple in connecting rooms. (CR - MK view)
The DHs entertained themselves by watching the valets running like rabbits to the parked cars and driving them to the conference center. :lmao:

A Theme Park View is the Magic Kingdom View, however it's listed as a Theme Park View on the WDW website and your confirmation. A Standard View in the Tower is actually the Bay Lake View. As for seeing the parking lot with the Magic Kingdom View I always say when you look out and see how close the Magic Kingdom really is to the Contemporary, you won't care or notice the parking lot.

There was a 1000.00 difference in the prices, I believe.
One category is title TOWER and the MK is an ATRIUM CL room.
Not sure where the TOWER is....I asked if it was BLT and the cm said NO it was in the MAIN building.
I am just confused where the THEME PARK rooms are located.
I don't want to pay for a parking lot view, KWIM.

The pricing difference probably relates to the service levels. I think on the reservation site, it will have varying names depending if the room on a concierge floor (Atrium Club, Tower Club) or a normal guest room floor. Theme park is equivalent to Magic Kingdom view, it's just that it doesn't appear they stuck to one naming convention between the numerous service levels. These are all in the Tower, main building.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter