What is the current Meet/Greet fastpass strategy?

disneyandme

DIS Veteran
What is everyone doing with the current Mickey/princess fastpass meet and greet? Do you visit them as soon as you arrive, grab fastpasses and come back later, come back later and wait in line? I am helping my Brother and family plan a trip in June (1st week) and I don't know how to fit this into the plan. I think they will only do the princess side because I'm planning on sending them to the Mickey and friends greetings in Epcot. They have little kids and characters are important.

We did the princess meet and greet as soon as we arrived as there was only a 15 minute wait time posted. The line went much faster. We came back later in the afternoon and only waited about 10 minutes for Mickey. It was definitely worth it! We were just there this week, so June might be a little different in regards to crowds.

We were there in early April just after the new M&G location opened. We grabbed FPs mid-morning for Mickey and when we returned to use them, the line was so short there was no need for a FP. Now that more people are aware of the location, I'm guessing our experience is not the norm. BTW, the princess line was much longer than Mickey's the day we were there, so a princess FP would have been worthwhile to have if DD had picked their line.

What is everyone doing with the current Mickey/princess fastpass meet and greet? Do you visit them as soon as you arrive, grab fastpasses and come back later, come back later and wait in line? I am helping my Brother and family plan a trip in June (1st week) and I don't know how to fit this into the plan. I think they will only do the princess side because I'm planning on sending them to the Mickey and friends greetings in Epcot. They have little kids and characters are important.

Here's what we did on our trip last week. At rope drop, I went to get FP's for the princess meet & greet, while DW and DD made a run for Dumbo. After doing all the top tier rides in Fantasyland, I ran back and got FP's for Mickey meet & greet, then finished up Fantasyland with DW and DD. Later, in the afternoon, we used the FP's for Mickey and the FP's for princesses back to back.

I have a question...if you get a FP for the M&G, does it prevent you from getting a FP for a ride until a specified time? I guess I am wondering if these passes work the same as rides as to when you can get amother or if they are seperate. Does that make sense???

Robin

Here's what we did on our trip last week. At rope drop, I went to get FP's for the princess meet & greet, while DW and DD made a run for Dumbo. After doing all the top tier rides in Fantasyland, I ran back and got FP's for Mickey meet & greet, then finished up Fantasyland with DW and DD. Later, in the afternoon, we used the FP's for Mickey and the FP's for princesses back to back.

Did you use your fastpasses past the window stated on the ticket?

Did you use your fastpasses past the window stated on the ticket?

Yes we did, by several hours. The CM took them and waved us on through. We actually used all of our FP's that way: riding everything standby in the morning and pretty much walking on and gathering FP's as we go; Then use up all of the FP's in the afternoon when lines were longer. DW thought I was a genius, but I learned that trick here, among other things. :rolleyes1

Yes we did, by several hours. The CM took them and waved us on through. We actually used all of our FP's that way: riding everything standby in the morning and pretty much walking on and gathering FP's as we go; Then use up all of the FP's in the afternoon when lines were longer. DW thought I was a genius, but I learned that trick here, among other things. :rolleyes1

shame of you corrupting your DW like that ;)

I'm glad you all have a great time:goodvibes

I have a question...if you get a FP for the M&G, does it prevent you from getting a FP for a ride until a specified time? I guess I am wondering if these passes work the same as rides as to when you can get amother or if they are seperate. Does that make sense???

Robin

I would like to know this as well!

Robin

From my experience using the FP's for meet & greets last week, those FP's are tied into the rest of the FP system.

From my experience using the FP's for meet & greets last week, those FP's are tied into the rest of the FP system.

Does everyone in the group need to have a FP for the M&G, or is it one FP for a group? I'm curious since our next trip will be with my whole family. I know all the adults don't care to meet Mickey, but it's so much fun watching my nephews interact with him!

Does everyone in the group need to have a FP for the M&G, or is it one FP for a group? I'm curious since our next trip will be with my whole family. I know all the adults don't care to meet Mickey, but it's so much fun watching my nephews interact with him!

When we went last week, a FP ticket was required for each person, just like on the other attractions.

That is great news. It was my understanding that the meet and greets wouldn't accept late fast passes. I'm glad to hear that's not the case! Thanks!

I never knew that!!! Are they available for every M&G?? And, how do they exactly work??

It's new and it's only for a few of the meet-&-greets right now. Mickey is in a new location in MK (on Main Street) since Toontown closed, and I guess they moved the princesses there too since Fantasyland is under construction. I don't know if any of the others have that yet, or will ever have it.

Just returned home today. Standby for Mickey/Minnie was never very long when we walked by, Princesses were much longer. Fastpasses for M&G were tied into the regular fastpass system (could not get a new one until the time limit passed) and we each needed our own fast pass.
Our strategy worked pretty well since the M&G area is so out of the way of everything else. As we were leaving around 1:00pm we grabbed our fastpasses then used them as soon as we returned about 5:00ish. The CM didn't even look at the times posted on the ticket.
Enjoy!

How fast do Princess FPs go? If we got one around 9:30, would the return time be soon enough we could do stand-by for Mickey then immediately, or almost immediately use our Princess FPs?

We just got home from WDW last night. We used fast passes for the princesses on Tuesday but not for Mickey. I grabbed passes around 1pm when we were waiting for our lunch ADRs at the Plaza. We used the fast passes much later when we came back to the park to see the fireworks after taking a break at our resort. At that point the standby line was 40 minutes for princesses but we were thru in less than 10 with our FP. The standby line was 15 minutes for Mickey/Minnie, but we skipped them that day. The fastpasses are connected to the others in the park (so they prohibit you from getting one for a ride during the same timeframe). The CMs did not have a problem with us using ours past its time, but maybe if the park had been crowded, they would have cared.

Friday, as we were headed out of the park for the last time before heading home, at 2:30 pm, the wait for Mickey was only 5 minutes so we stopped to see him and Minnie as our very last thing before heading to the airport. We had already seen them at character breakfasts and at other points during vacation, but we were all thrilled to get to hug them goodbye and thank them for helping us have a magical vacation. The park was not very crowded and many people were lining up for the parade at that point (we'd already seen on a previous day and were headed out before it started). It was the perfect way to end our week at Disney as their meet and greet is literally just a few feet from the exit to the park.

I would say that the princesses are worth fastpasses. Depending on crowd levels, Mickey and Minnie may not be. As Mickey/Minnie don't talk, the interaction with them is relatively short. However, there are 3 princesses in the greeting room. They were super sweet and took their time talking with all the people who were there to see them. Consequently, the princess line is much slower. They have it very well organized, and (potential Magic spoiler alert) they apparently have at least 2 identical rooms for Mickey & princesses going at the same time. They take you from the main holding area into a hallway with several doors. Then they open a door, let you and a few other people in to where the characters are and close the door behind you. So unless you are paying attention (or have someone point it out to you), you might not realize it.

3 princesses in one room. Each one has a handler, a photopass photographer, a bench for seated photos and a large feather pen for signing autographs. We saw Cinderella, Belle, and Aurora.
princessmeeting.jpg

princessmeeting2.jpg

Standby wait time for Mickey/Minnie on Friday @ 2:30:
mickeymeetandgreet.jpg

What better person to hug you goodbye on your way out of the park for the last time? :goodvibes
minnie.jpg

Thank you for the pics.

I did not realize that Belle was there in her yellow gown, I would love to get a pic with her. Is she always there or do they have different Princesses?

Thank you for the pics.

I did not realize that Belle was there in her yellow gown, I would love to get a pic with her. Is she always there or do they have different Princesses?

I don't know if those 3 princesses will always be there. I'll bet the official answer is "we can not guarantee any particular character" - but in all my research the weeks before our trip, they were the ones people mentioned seeing. The CMs each day could probably give you a schedule. Honestly, the yellow dress is the only reason we did the princess line! We had breakfast at the castle and Belle was in her blue dress (as I knew she would be) and we met her in France in Epcot in her blue dress. Dd was determined to get a photo with "Belle's pretty dress" - so we stood in line to see them all. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter