What is the chance that I'll be able to make a Believe Key reservation tomorrow morning for tomorrow?

cruisehopeful

DIS Veteran
I haven't been in the loop lately and don't know if they are releasing additional Magic key reservations day of at this time. I have a 3 day SoCal ticket for my husband and was able to book tomorrow for him, but not for me with my Believe Key. We're only planning on going for a few hours in the afternoon/evening, so I don't want to buy a ticket for myself. At this point, I can gamble either way. I can keep his reservation and then no show and lose that day (don't really care if that happens) on his 3 day ticket if I still can't get a reservation in the morning. Or, I can cancel his reservation tonight and then look and try to grab both in the morning. Just wondering what the chances are that I will get a Believe Key reservation in the morning because if there's no chance, I'll just cancel his reservation now.

I would think your best chance to get a Believe Key reservation for tomorrow is by watching closely for one to open up today/tonight. The afternoon and evening the day before are often when a lot of movement occurs as people who have changed their plans finally cancel their reservations in order to avoid penalties. I have never tried same day, but have definitely gotten the next day though I had to keep looking and trying until around 10 PM once. Do you really lose a day off a non-Magic Key ticket for a no-show or does the reservation simply drop off and can be re-scheduled for another available date within the ticket's remaining valid window or did I just misunderstand what you were trying to say?

I haven't been in the loop lately and don't know if they are releasing additional Magic key reservations day of at this time. I have a 3 day SoCal ticket for my husband and was able to book tomorrow for him, but not for me with my Believe Key. We're only planning on going for a few hours in the afternoon/evening, so I don't want to buy a ticket for myself. At this point, I can gamble either way. I can keep his reservation and then no show and lose that day (don't really care if that happens) on his 3 day ticket if I still can't get a reservation in the morning. Or, I can cancel his reservation tonight and then look and try to grab both in the morning. Just wondering what the chances are that I will get a Believe Key reservation in the morning because if there's no chance, I'll just cancel his reservation now.
You will not lose a day on his ticket if he doesn’t show up for his reservation. Keep refreshing the calendar tonight. I bet you’ll be able to make a reservation.

As @kristensideaoffun said, your husband will not lose a day of his ticket if he is a no show. There is no penalty for no shows on non-Magic Keys.

You will be able to pick up a reservation tonight, you might have to check after 10pm. I have only seen one day ever that was not available the night before and that was the first day of the Candlelight Processional this year.

I would think your best chance to get a Believe Key reservation for tomorrow is by watching closely for one to open up today/tonight. The afternoon and evening the day before are often when a lot of movement occurs as people who have changed their plans finally cancel their reservations in order to avoid penalties. I have never tried same day, but have definitely gotten the next day though I had to keep looking and trying until around 10 PM once. Do you really lose a day off a non-Magic Key ticket for a no-show or does the reservation simply drop off and can be re-scheduled for another available date within the ticket's remaining valid window or did I just misunderstand what you were trying to say?

You will not lose a day on his ticket if he doesn’t show up for his reservation. Keep refreshing the calendar tonight. I bet you’ll be able to make a reservation.
Thank you both. I just remembered that I have a hotel reservation in June and it actually let me book through that for tomorrow. I don't know if it's a glitch that they will catch? Anyone know about that?

To clarify, I have a hotel stay in June and going through the link in my hotel reservation, it let me book theme park for tomorrow with my believe key.

Thank you both. I just remembered that I have a hotel reservation in June and it actually let me book through that for tomorrow. I don't know if it's a glitch that they will catch? Anyone know about that?

To clarify, I have a hotel stay in June and going through the link in my hotel reservation, it let me book theme park for tomorrow with my believe key.
I've heard of that glitch! Hope it works out for you.

I've spoken with multiple cast members and this isn't a glitch. If you are staying on property you may make park reservations using inventory available to hotel guests and link your magic key for admission. You can't do this if the magic key is not valid for admission on that day, i.e., has a slash through the date on the calendar meaning that the day is blocked out from ever being used with that level of pass.

Hope it worked out!

I've spoken with multiple cast members and this isn't a glitch. If you are staying on property you may make park reservations using inventory available to hotel guests and link your magic key for admission. You can't do this if the magic key is not valid for admission on that day, i.e., has a slash through the date on the calendar meaning that the day is blocked out from ever being used with that level of pass.

Hope it worked out!
So as long as you have a DLR hotel reservation, even if it's months away, you can make a park reservation with it any time, assuming your pass isn't blocked that day? Hard to believe that's not a loophole, but it's nice to know!

Ah I didn't realize the June hotel reservation let her book for any time, didn't read well enough. It is supposed to work where you can make it for the days of your DL hotel reservation.

Ah I didn't realize the June hotel reservation let her book for any time, didn't read well enough. It is supposed to work where you can make it for the days of your DL hotel reservation.
Now I'm curious whether or not that really is a loophole! Maybe the OP will come back and post about their experience.

Now I'm curious whether or not that really is a loophole! Maybe the OP will come back and post about their experience.
We ended up not going. I always have multiple onsite stays booked and they all do have that option. I have never used it to book outside of my hotel stays though. So, it's an unsolved mystery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter