What is the biggest boo-boo you commit at Disney???

Don't set down the perfect Disney Dooney and Bourke purse you’re planning on purchasing that you've been coveting since last years trip to DW, so you can take your kids' picture with the CM from your hometown; especially when you spent twenty minutes looking through all the purses to find the “perfect” one. You'll turn around and someone will have snatched it up and purchased it. Yes people it can happen that fast. :(

I spent the next night hitting every store in DTD that carried those purses trying to find another "perfect" one.

Bless that sweet CM's heart at the original store. She went to the back and brought out every single one of those purses they had back there and opened them all up for me. I so hoped one of those purses would be the right one but…well it was $200, I wasn’t going to just grab one. She was so nice about it but I’m sure she wanted to kill me.

I got my purse, but if I had held onto the original one or handed it to my DH it would have saved that CM thirty minutes of unwrapping purses for me that just weren't "the right one".

Reading back over this I want to kill me. Most of the time I'm super easy going but when I get my mind set on something...it's pathetic. :blush:

if you purchased a Mickey-head balloon in the park and are driving home during the warmer months, don't leave it in the car if you stop. DD was so excited to get the light-up balloon two summers ago. the inside ears popped during a stop on our way home. :(

(i'm specifically talking about the balloons that are Mickey ears inside the clear outer balloon.)

Never ever leave anything in a transport bus.

Once when DS who was only 4 and I visited WDW, we somehow left his Muppets jacket in a Mears van. I know it was there because I distinctly remember placing it on the seat and then just after the van pulled away later, I realized that we didn't have it. It likely slipped to the floor. I called the company right then and there but they later said that they never found it. We were the last drop off but who knows what happened.

It was an adorable jacket that we'd found at DHS the year before and I still kick myself for losing it. Just always check everywhere on any transport before you let them leave.

Anyway, these are very interesting!

Sunscreen. :sunny::sunny::sunny: You must use sunscreen. Even if you've heard that you're one quarter Cherokee and you think you tan and don't burn. You don't have to look at your back and nose and listen to you grump:charac2: for the rest of the trip.

Don't go to WCC with a splitting headache. It was a total newbie mistake - it was the first time we ate there. Oh boy, was I miserable.

cluvsdisney said:
Don't go to WCC with a splitting headache. It was a total newbie mistake - it was the first time we ate there. Oh boy, was I miserable.

Ugh I cannot even imagine! :(

Two months before you leave grab those pair of tennis shoes you love and flip them over. Take a good long hard look at the threads. If you can no longer see all of it go to the local running store get a new pair and some running socks (they make it easier to break shoes in I swear) and toss the old pair. Thread bare shoes can lead to more than one injury. If they are a bit worn but not extremely bad still go get a back up pair and break them in. Cause who knows how worn the first pair will be by the trip.

Just like the sneakers, look at the bottom of your Crocs. When the tread is low, they are dangerous on wet surfaces...particularly the ramp from the train station on Main Street...more slippery when wet!

If you bring your pillow from home put a bright pillow case on where you won't forget it. I hate Disney pillows so I brought mine and my pillow case almost matched their sheets, you guessed it, forgot to grab it on the way out.

Just like the sneakers, look at the bottom of your Crocs. When the tread is low, they are dangerous on wet surfaces...particularly the ramp from the train station on Main Street...more slippery when wet!

So are flipflops, I learned that also on the ramp from the train station on Main Street :blush:

We've been going there since it opened. The past 2 trips have always had a bartender named Francisco. Great guy but I cannot help it...I always think of Elf (with Will Ferrell) when he walks into the office and meets the workers. One is named Francisco and he starts going ..."Francisco. FRANcisco. ooooh, that's fun to say. FRANNNNNNNcisco." So needless to say, after a couple of margareeeeetaaaaas, I start going..."FRANcisco. That's fun to say."

I then proceed to crack up while Franciso looks at me with a blank stare.

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl::thumbsup2

Disney is not the place to go with people who think of the term "vacation" in a different way than you. I like to eat a nice dinner, relax, enjoy the resort...somehow people who don't want to "waste time" take the joy away from that :rolleyes2 Then again- I'm sure they thought I was doing it all wrong too! ;)

My biggest mistake was putting Body Glide on the bottom of my feet. I slid all over the place in Epcot and I was exhausted as a result! Didn't help that it rained all morning. Bleh.

When you go in August during record breaking temperatures, do NOT leave your cooler in the van all week even if you think it is empty! We had brought the cooler full of water and pop for the drive to Florida. At the last minute I had put some cheese in there since my daughter loved to snack on cheese. We completely forgot that was in there as we were unloading the van. We used Disney transportation while there, and when it was time to head home couldn't figure out what that smell was! :crazy2: We didn't figure it out till the next morning when my husband decided to refill the cooler with ice. He just about tossed his cookies right then and there. And my poor DS sat next to the cooler the whole ride the day before. Eww!!!

Make sure that your sunblock is water proof and sweat proof. One year I didn't and all the sunblock on my face sweat right into my eyes at one of the water parks. It hurt so bad that we had to go back to the room so I could take a shower and wash my eyes out.

When you go in August during record breaking temperatures, do NOT leave your cooler in the van all week even if you think it is empty! We had brought the cooler full of water and pop for the drive to Florida. At the last minute I had put some cheese in there since my daughter loved to snack on cheese. We completely forgot that was in there as we were unloading the van. We used Disney transportation while there, and when it was time to head home couldn't figure out what that smell was! :crazy2: We didn't figure it out till the next morning when my husband decided to refill the cooler with ice. He just about tossed his cookies right then and there. And my poor DS sat next to the cooler the whole ride the day before. Eww!!!

GROSS!!! We had a similar thing happen years ago, but ours was with a bag of seashells my DD (unknown to me) tossed into the trunk of our rental car! One of them must not have been empty! All week long we kept saying to each other---What smells in this car????

Can't imagine what the rental car rep thought when we returned it to them.....:rotfl2:

If you bring your pillow from home put a bright pillow case on where you won't forget it.

Or, if you're like me (the older I get, the more I need soft sheets) you will take a bright green 400tc pillowcase to put on THEIR pillows because you can't sleep on a scratchy pillowcase, and then forget to take it with you when you leave. I remembered it right after we had checked out, and way before mousekeeping could have ever gotten to the room (just minutes after packing up & getting to the lobby). They wouldn't let me back in to get it, and I filled out the required forms but I never got the pillowcase back.

It was kind of a bummer because we were resort-hopping from POFQ to the Beach Club, but it turned out OK because at BC we got upgraded to concierge level and the sheets & pillowcases were fabulous (as was our waterview room). Best pixie dust ever! pixiedust:

If you are traveling with other people besides your immediate family (in-laws, friends, etc.) and they are the type that usually sleep in, Don't wait for them to head to the parks. Let them meet you in the parks when they are ready.

My in-laws came with us for a few days on our last trip. The first full day we were planning to go to DHS for rope drop. We gave them a time to meet us in the WL lobby to head to the parks. So, my family was all dressed, fed, and ready to go. We waited and waited. They finally answered the phone and were just waking up! :mad: An hour later, they appeared and needed to eat. I thought that since we were all ready behind schedule that they would grab something quick. NO! They sat down and had a huge meal taking their good ole time. When we finally got to DHS it was almost noon. DS4 was already getting tired and hungry. Of course the TSM fastpasses were gone. :eek: I suggested that we go to see the Little Mermaid show. They didn't want to do that. So we went off in different directions. I was so ticked off after we had wasted our entire morning waiting for them. :mad: The following day was our MK day. I told DH that I was not going to wait for them again. Good thing we didn't because they didn't get there until our noon Crystal Palace ADR. Major boo-boo for me and lesson learned!!!:rolleyes:

We travel with a large group every January and have learned that you cannot wait for everyone to get themselves together.

We make a general "We're going to the Magic Kingdom" announcement, everyone gets there when they get there and calls when they arrive and then we hook up.

I left my denim jacket and a cardigan in a closet in Wilderness Lodge, realised the day we left (we were only moving to a villa, so were still in the area) and rang up Lost and Found. They were closed for the day.

The next day we rang again, but the items hadn't been handed in. So we went down to Wilderness Lodge to file a report so that if they turned up, they'd know who to contact. I described the jacket in great detail, and they had two different people go and check, but apparently it wasn't in the room OR in lost and found ... so I've no idea where it went to, but I never got it back :sad2:

Honestly, that's probably the most disappointed I've ever been with Disney service. Yes, it's my fault that I left the things in the closet, but I imagine people do that kind of thing all the time! I went back the very next day after realising I'd left it, and everyone was a little off with me, as if what I was asking for was a miracle. I don't think it was out of order of me to ask "Well, if it isn't still in the room and it hasn't been handed into lost and found, where is it?" The head of housekeeping, who I was dealing with, seemed to find this question very offensive! :confused3
Some CM is wearing it and looking miiiiighty fine!:thumbsup2

We have always left the charger to something behind everytime. The cell phone charger on year, the camera charger another year, and the kids nintendo DS charger. We always remind ourselves to make sure we have all the chargers, but some how we still manage to leave on behind :rotfl2: Its our vacation curse :rotfl2:

Bring a power squid or a power bar...you know, one of those things with multiple outlets on it. Then all chargers arein one place instead of being in 12 different outlets all over the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter