What is the biggest boo-boo you commit at Disney???

The biggest mistake we make is not eating breakfast before Epcot. This usually only happens the 1st time each trip. We have these plans of snacking around the world and don't want to be full. Reality is we head to FW ride Soarin', TT and MS by the time that is done we are crabby tired and starving but FW isn't open yet and eat at the first cart we find.

We've been going there since it opened. The past 2 trips have always had a bartender named Francisco. Great guy but I cannot help it...I always think of Elf (with Will Ferrell) when he walks into the office and meets the workers. One is named Francisco and he starts going ..."Francisco. FRANcisco. ooooh, that's fun to say. FRANNNNNNNcisco." So needless to say, after a couple of margareeeeetaaaaas, I start going..."FRANcisco. That's fun to say."

I then proceed to crack up while Franciso looks at me with a blank stare.

Either he has heard that joke WAY to many times or either he doesn't find it as funny as we do..lol :thumbsup2

Leave your nonDisney husband and grumpy nonDisney teens at home so you and the 7 year old can actually enjoy a Disney vacation. The bad attitudes make the Poly vacation unbearable several years ago so Sam and I go alone!!

It's too late for me. I hope others read this!!! :scared1:

And if family is going with you... then lay down some general rules and expectations.

My folks are going with me next year and I've already told them that they gotta keep up with us and that my dad will NOT say, "I don't know" when asked what he wants to do!

Man, that drives me batty! :headache:

Leave your nonDisney husband and grumpy nonDisney teens at home so you and the 7 year old can actually enjoy a Disney vacation. The bad attitudes make the Poly vacation unbearable several years ago so Sam and I go alone!!

TOTALLY agree with you there!! Did that back in '08 when DS16 (DS13 then) didn't want to go... so he stayed behind while DS18 and I made magical memories that we will keep with us forever! But next year is DS16's turn :)

When leaving for RD, be sure to have ALL KTTW cards in your party that has your park admission on it.

DS forgot his and had to take the bus back to the resort to get it. We drove to HS that day and I wasn't about to give up my prime parking space cause he forgot his key.

Good thing I taught him the bus system earlier in the week... :laughing:

If a person, kid, or group have been driving you bonkers while waiting in line, don't be afraid to let a few people go ahead of you when it's time to board. The rude people will NOT act better once they get on the ride, and you're stuck sitting with them. Infact, they act worse.

And if family is going with you... then lay down some general rules and expectations.

My folks are going with me next year and I've already told them that they gotta keep up with us and that my dad will NOT say, "I don't know" when asked what he wants to do!

Man, that drives me batty! :headache:

I have the perfect solution for that - I don't ask! :laughing: We have three kids, ages 13 to 3, and my mother travels with us as well. Asking what they want to do gets me 4 or 5 different answers! So I consult with everyone (okay, I'm a bit anal and have a "rate the attractions" checklist page in my spreadsheet) to make sure I work all their must-dos into my planning and my plans aren't set in stone, but I do try to minimize the "What do you want to do?" and the standing around with the map open deciding where to go next.

When leaving for RD, be sure to have ALL KTTW cards in your party that has your park admission on it.

DS forgot his and had to take the bus back to the resort to get it. We drove to HS that day and I wasn't about to give up my prime parking space cause he forgot his key.

Good thing I taught him the bus system earlier in the week... :laughing:

If you were staying on property with a package (and maybe even if you weren't), you could have gone to guest relations and had them take care of it!

A few trips ago, we arrived at (then) MGM, only to realize someone in our party had forgotten their ticket at the hotel.
We were in 3 different rooms... all they needed was one of the tickets from someone else in the same room; somehow (based on the sequence of numbers, I'm guessing) they were able to find and re-print the missing ticket :)

If you were staying on property with a package (and maybe even if you weren't), you could have gone to guest relations and had them take care of it!

A few trips ago, we arrived at (then) MGM, only to realize someone in our party had forgotten their ticket at the hotel.
We were in 3 different rooms... all they needed was one of the tickets from someone else in the same room; somehow (based on the sequence of numbers, I'm guessing) they were able to find and re-print the missing ticket :)

I had NO idea!! I'll have to remember that in case it happens next go round :)

I actually looked up my receipt last night (cause I have nothing better to do, you know. lol). It was for $16!!!!! $16 and my card was declined!!! :rotfl:

Just goes to show you....all those little charges throughout the day in another state and my bank just shut me down. :thumbsup2 Maybe I should avoid the margarita stand next time......I think that was 3 of my charges that day! Just kidding (but it was one of the charges!).

Oh no skip the other charges keep the margaritas... Lol:rotfl2:

Going in Mid-August.....boo-boo #1.

We would always go back to the resort around mid-afternoon due to the heat and I had only packed enough clothes for everyone for ONE outfit per day.....no extras. I hated putting on the stinky, sweaty clothes after a nap or swimming.

If you go when its hot, take a change for the afternoon if you break from the parks......it was SO worth the extra clothes and laundry! You just feel better and makes the evening more comfortable!

Only take the bare esstentials to the parks, my first year with kids, I took my LL Bean backpack full of stuff. We did not needed any of it. Dh and I fought over who was going to carry it and it was a big hassle on a lot of the rides.

Oh well, live and learn! :thumbsup2

Great tip..Except we *had* to :( I have to be back for work that night for 5pm..we have a 7am flight out of MCO - non stop to Boston...Think ill just take a Quick Cat Nap when i get home..YAWN! i wondered what time ME would have to come get us..Holy Early!

Don't make early plane reservations to go home when you are using ME. Our first trip we had a 7:00 am flight and had to leave the Poly at 4:30 am. We also had a connecting flight, by which point DD2 (at the time) was in full meltdown, as was I.

We've been going there since it opened. The past 2 trips have always had a bartender named Francisco. Great guy but I cannot help it...I always think of Elf (with Will Ferrell) when he walks into the office and meets the workers. One is named Francisco and he starts going ..."Francisco. FRANcisco. ooooh, that's fun to say. FRANNNNNNNcisco." So needless to say, after a couple of margareeeeetaaaaas, I start going..."FRANcisco. That's fun to say."

I then proceed to crack up while Franciso looks at me with a blank stare.

Oh, I love this!!

Make a list of all your medications and check them off as you pack. One trip to WDW I forgot my husband's insulin! We had to call our mail order service and have a supply shipped overnight to the hotel.

not me but my best friend (but it affected me)

We were on our first day at Caribbean Beach and walked from our hotel room (Trinidad South) to the food court.

Prior to the trip my best friend bought the cutest sandals and thoght it would be a good idea to wear them./ You know what'[s coming right? Well she got such blisters from that walk alone we sepnd the entire first day in Downtown Disney looking for good sneakers.

She's learned her lesson now though (this was in 1994) and now wears broken in sneakers ONLY for the trip. She is very picky about what she gets LOL

:rotfl: I did the same thing in 2006. I had a pair of new tennis shoes, red. I looked good and I walked the Magic Kingdome all day and stayed at the room for the next three days unable to walk for long distances. I only wear broken in shoes, only!

Running out of money to tip valet guys. This isn't just Disney, it's everywhere.

I do make a point of finding them later and giving them the money, but it's a pain in the *** for all involved.

I left my denim jacket and a cardigan in a closet in Wilderness Lodge, realised the day we left (we were only moving to a villa, so were still in the area) and rang up Lost and Found. They were closed for the day.

The next day we rang again, but the items hadn't been handed in. So we went down to Wilderness Lodge to file a report so that if they turned up, they'd know who to contact. I described the jacket in great detail, and they had two different people go and check, but apparently it wasn't in the room OR in lost and found ... so I've no idea where it went to, but I never got it back :sad2:

Honestly, that's probably the most disappointed I've ever been with Disney service. Yes, it's my fault that I left the things in the closet, but I imagine people do that kind of thing all the time! I went back the very next day after realising I'd left it, and everyone was a little off with me, as if what I was asking for was a miracle. I don't think it was out of order of me to ask "Well, if it isn't still in the room and it hasn't been handed into lost and found, where is it?" The head of housekeeping, who I was dealing with, seemed to find this question very offensive! :confused3

Not a major problem, but I really get frustrated when I plan on riding rides during a parade and I get stuck on the wrong side of parade route. For example at MK, I have been cut off on POC side of the route, and I wanted to be on the Splash Mountain side. Now, I get a little nuts making sure I am on the right side of parade for my plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter