• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the big deal about the new Fantasyland?

Having experienced it firsthand last week, it is incredible. The theming is wonderful and it is beautiful. The attention to every little detail is amazing. The Be Our Guest restaurant is gorgeous and in my opinion for lunch now the best CS anywhere at WDW. Enchanted Tales with Belle is terrific, and you are getting this from someone who hated the old storytime with Belle. The Little Mermaid ride is a great new classic dark ride, and having ridden it at DL, is much better at WDW due to the theming, area, and queqe around it. The Ariel's Grotto meet and greet is also cute, and even though it is brand new, last week we never saw the waits for Ariel at more than 20 minutes, which is a huge imrovement over the old Grotto which was almost always an hour. I was way more impressed than I thought I would be! I can't wait to see what they do with the 7 Dwarves roller coaster!

It's new. And it's actually beautiful.

I've done all the rides and stuff and I'm not really interested in repeating them unless there's absolutely no line for Little Mermaid, but I'll be going over there anyway. Probably to try for lunch at BOG (I've done lunch there before, I want to try different stuff though)

As PP's have been saying, yes, it really is only 1 new ride, 2 regular meet & greet, 1 interactive meet & greet, 2 restaurants, and a gift shop or two, but seriously, it's the themeing, it's the details, it's the beautiful amazingness that it is. I lucked out in being there last week, and it blew my mind, I was absolutely amazed. How well Be Our Guest restaurant is done, UGH, it's amazing!!

It is amazing!! Easily the best details in any of the Parks! I cannot heap enough praise on the Imagineers and everyone involved in continuing to make Walt's dreams grow and evolve.

we were there for Thanksgiving week and it was not crowded at all, we got on the Little Mermaid ride with no wait.
The stories with Belle were great because both my boys got to be in a show with her. someone else's child chickened out of being the Beast so my 6 year old jumped right in and took the job. it was wonderful to have him as the star.
there is nothing there that will blow your mind, but it is really nice to have new things to do and create new memories.
Cant wait for the mine ride to open, they said it might not be until 2014

I don't know about anybody else but I can't wait for the 7 dwarfs mine train to be finished. I bet it will be fantastic!!!

I have been out of the loop, what is new, what is so great about it?

*Everything* :) We love the the whole thing, the Little Mermaid, BOG restaurant and it's ambiance (and food). The beast's castle is so realistic sitting up on the *mountain*. Just too hard to describe how amazing and awesome the whole thing is - must be experienced. :goodvibes

I have been out of the loop, what is new, what is so great about it?

IDK, unless the snow white ride is a jaw-dropper, I think Disney dropped the ball on the expansion.. It seems like Universal continue to raise the bar and Disney is still spinning its wheels and trapped in the early 1980s. When the novelty is over, I think people will realize that there's nothing all that special about it..

I just went the other day and while the details were really cool, there's not really much to it besides that it is new. BOG looks awesome though.

IDK, unless the snow white ride is a jaw-dropper, I think Disney dropped the ball on the expansion.. It seems like Universal continue to raise the bar and Disney is still spinning its wheels and trapped in the early 1980s. When the novelty is over, I think people will realize that there's nothing all that special about it..

I kinda have to agree,I was there on Oct. 12th the first day they let guests go in and even though I think it's a nice addition to the park and some areas are very nicely themed there really wasn't anything over the top special to it,at least for me.I obviously didn't do the BOG restaurant since it was closed but I will be doing it next week,also when the seven dwarves coaster is completed I feel we'll get a better feel for the whole area.I hope I enjoy eating at the BOG CS lunch because when I went in October I was pretty underwhelmed with Gaston's Tavern,the huge pork shank was 80% bone and grease and the Le Feu's brew was good but not amazing.

It is out of this world Grand...........easily shows Disney is still king, putting universal back in its proper place. As nice as HP is, when you can't walk around even with a moderate amount of people there, it shows universal dropped to ball in the long run!

Well done imagineers!

AKK

Way over-rated in my book. Wait till the newness wears off and see what people are saying.

~Personally, I can't wait to see the New Fantasyland and especially the Seven Dwarves Mine Train. I don't think Disney "dropped the ball" with this, when you consider the original plans for FLE were "Pixie Hollow." After HP, Disney abandoned those unfortunate plans and quickly changed their strategy. Disney was blindsided by Harry Potter's success and this was just a last minute attempt at salvaging a major oversight. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter