What is the best / worst advice

daisyyy

<marquee><font color=red>MOUSKETEER</marquee><font
strategy you have gotten from these boards? Do you care to share something you learned from a fellow disser that made a difference on your trip.

strategy you have gotten from these boards? Do you care to share something you learned from a fellow disser that made a difference on your trip.

Be there for Rope Drop - And use Fastpasses to your advantage.

:thumbsup2Having a well planned trip, but not completely structured, makes everything go much smoother.

:thumbsup2I was encouraged to take my kids by myself. (It was the best trip, to date!)

:thumbsup2Make ADRs

Worst advice I got....was be at rope drop! I know everyone here on the boards pretty much say it is a given, but if it isn't for you....it can ruin a few days of your vacation.

We are laid back vacation people, sleeping in and doing what we want when we want. (minus having our adrs in place and knowing what park what day).
Oh and sleeping in is getting up at 8am.
So we are still to the park in plenty of time to do what we want, but for us being at rope drop made us to tired to enjoy those days.

Best advice......take a break in the afternoon. LOVE this one.

Take a nap in the afternoon.
Ride popular attractions either at rope drop or during Wishes.
(IMO Wishes looks just as beautiful while watching from afar, like the beach at the Poly).
Use FPs and RUN to TSM at DHS.
Most restaurant recommendations have panned out very well. Loved Liberty Tree for Lunch and 50's Prime Time for dinner.
Make ADRs and really book EARLY for Chef Mickey's or Cinderellas Royal breakfast.

Best advice: Finding out about promotions (Free Dining, 4/3) and PINS.:)
Invaluable advice: Pack liquid handsoap, a power strip and air freshner for the hotel room.:rolleyes1
Worst advice: MUST eat dinner at Ohana. ;)

Best advice was get be at the parks at Rope Drop. Nobody like getting up and doing up but they like that better than standing in line later in the day.

Hands down best piece of information (for us) from the boards is that TT opens at 9:45 not the posted time of 10:00. For us meeting the fairies multiple times per trip is a highlight!!

I have to ditto RD as being important but we're early risers. Also making the all important ADRs at 180 days!

Best advice:
-make ADRs 180 +10
-Dole Whips
-2 sides of lines at cs restaurants
-free dining value
-what everyone thinks is a CM only entrance to a park, can be used by anyone

Best tip: You can use your fastpass at anytime as long as it is past the return time. They don't expire! Saves a whole lot of time when you don't have to run back to the other side of the park to meet the return time window. We just meandered back when we felt like it! It was because of this, I would have multiple fastpasses at once.:goodvibes

Forgot to add this one: Make a breakfast ADR BEFORE the park opens so as to get in before anyone else. Prior to the DIS I didn't know they were open before the gates. Because of this we have some fabulous pics of Cinderella's Castle with ONLY US. There was not a soul on Main Street!!!:lovestruc

When plans, moods and energy levels start to take a plunge, call time out!!! Your day recovers in a couple of hours and you can pick up more or less where you left off - give or take- and enjoy the rest of the day.

Plan ADR
Remember you are on vacation
Take afternoon time to relax and enjoy the sun
Fastpass never expire in the same day..

Best advice: Be at park for Rope Drop.

Worst advice: Be at park 30 minutes before Rope Drop. That 30-minute wait was the longest we had to stand in line all day. Boring and tiring.

The best piece of advice I have seen on these boards is to slow down and not miss the magic. So many people rush from one ride to the next that they miss the true magic of Disney. It is in the details and the employees.

The worst I have seen is posters that say to make a detailed plan. (see above!) These poor first timers get their little plan that says go here, do this and then they miss the magic. Or worse, start freaking out because the plan says we have to do this, not that!

The worst I have seen is posters that say to make a detailed plan. (see above!) These poor first timers get their little plan that says go here, do this and then they miss the magic. Or worse, start freaking out because the plan says we have to do this, not that!

We went with someone who did that one year. Horrible.

I'll reiterate the best advice I've seen on here...remember that you're on vacation. What's the point of spending that much $ to come to WDW just to be at the throats of those you love?

Best advice came to me by accident. In 2008 I went with my two oldest boys DS11 and DS6. DS6 felt ill that morning so DS11 went to the parks with another family traveling with us. Well, DS6 felt better later in the morning so we went swimming and I watched him do the big wheel race. Then we hit MK and stayed for the parade and fireworks that night. Probably the most unexpected and most memorable father-son time I ever had.

If you ever have the opportunity to spend a day at Disney and give complete undivided attention to just one of your children it will be one of the most special days you will ever have. No sibling rivalries. No arguments. Just fun.

Not saying to alienate your other children by any means, but if the opportunity arises, take it.

Worst advice - you don't need an entire week to experience Disney. :lmao: Seriously, I couldn't hold it in when a friend said that to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter