What is the Best way to get from POR to BW?

Dr Ellis

Mouseketeer
OK,

No I don't have plans to eat at a fancy table service restaurant for Thanksgiving, but my DH and I are planning to have adult beverages and wings at the ESPN Club and watch Bret Favre lead the Packers to victory. What is the best way to get there?

Dr. Ellis :wizard:

Well, you can take a cab from POR, it would probably be less than $10. Or you could boat over to DTD from Riverside, then hop on the bus to BW. You could also on spending time prior to the game at either Epcot or MGM. Either of those parks is a short, walkable distance to the Boardwalk. Both parks also have boats to the Boardwalk area. The boats aren't that fast, but they are very pleasant.

Enjoy the game, hope they win!

Cab or rent a car. It is about a five minute drive; but if you rely of WDW transportation, it could take an hour.

POR is actually very close to EPCOT.

We need a fourth Super Bowl win.

if you have a car, just take bonnet creek drive south to lake buena vista drive, west, to epcot resorts. blvd.
otherwise, take the bus to MGM. then take the friendship boat to boardwalk. but you have to watch the time. depending what time your ressies are, if there is a late fantasmic, you can still take the boat back to MGM and catch a POR bus.
as a previous poster said, you can to downtown disney, but that's a ways. (however, they do have the boats on the sassagoula river back to POR)
If you have time, you can walk over to the swan for karaokee. (but then you will be later than usual)

have fun!!!!:banana:

OOPS! forgot something... I WOULD SAY.. forget Farve, the Bears quarterback will take them all the way, that would be...griese,, um grossman, um orton, um.... shucks... never mind!!!:rotfl:

Well,

I think the NFC North is up for grabs this year. The AFC will be tough to beat. Just hope the Packers make the playoffs.

Since I tend to go for free over fast I'd catch a bus to either MGM or Epcot, whichever came first, and, if it's MGM, either catch the boat if it's JUST leaving and you've got time or walk - follow the trail to the right side of the pond and just keep heading that way with the water on your left. Boardwalk's no more than 15 minutes away. You'll probably beat the boat, even if it is leaving just as you arrive. If the first bus is to Epcot then just head back to WS and take a right just after England and ESPN is right there. Have a great time!

OK,

No I don't have plans to eat at a fancy table service restaurant for Thanksgiving, but my DH and I are planning to have adult beverages and wings at the ESPN Club and watch Bret Favre lead the Packers to victory. What is the best way to get there?

Dr. Ellis :wizard:

A Time Machine ;)

Just kidding, I have a lot of respect for Brett Favre, and enjoy watching the Packers play as well :hippie:

I also recommend taking the boat (leaves from both Riverside and FQ, whichever you're staying at) to DTD and then taking a bus to BW. IMO (I just returned from a 7-night stay at FQ), the boat comes more quickly than the buses, and although it's about a 20-minute ride, it's way more peaceful and less crowded than the buses.

Good luck and have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter