What is the best strategy for making an ADR 180 days out ?

AArbittier

Earning My Ears
Our family of 6 is headed to WDW 1/5/14 -1/12/14. We would love to go to "Be Our Guest" for dinner. This is our first time and not at all familiar with the best strategy to get an ADR. On the 180th day what is the best strategy to get an ADR ?Is it better to phone in my ADR or go on line ? How early can I go on line on the 180th day ? How early can I call on the phone on the 180th day if I choose not to go on line ?
PLEASE help me with your best strategies.
THANK YOU.

You can go online to make your reservations as early as 6:00 am Eastern time. You can call in at 7am. When I was making my ADR's for the first week of December it seemed as if people who were going online at 6am were having a little better luck with getting a BOG reservation than people who called in later. I made all my reservations online without any problems.

I would suggest that you set up a profile on the Disney My Disney Experience website. Make sure you use the same phone number and email address for everything you do when making reservations. Then link your resort reservation. You should be set to go. :)

Keep the Disney dining reservation phone number and your resort reservation number handy just in case you have problems with the online reservation system.

Good luck. :)

Wood....THANK YOU for the response to my question. If you don't mind I have two more. First, if I go on Disney's " My Disney Experience" is there a place to click on THAT WEBSITE to make the advanced reservation or is that merely a website just to organize your plans ?
Secondly, since we will be staying at two different property resorts that week,one for 4 days and then one for 3 days which reservation number do I use OR do I need to use BOTH reservation numbers?
THANKS again !

Here's what I can tell you, we were on the phone right at 7am on our 180 day mark and tried for a BOG ADR first before any of our other ADR'S, and nothing was available for the entire week, and this is for Dec 4th-Dec 8th!! We've been trying every day since, multiple times a day and still nothing has opened :( so I don't really know of a strategy to get a ressie at BOG but others have said to keep trying! So that's what I'm going to do!!

Wood....THANK YOU for the response to my question. If you don't mind I have two more. First, if I go on Disney's " My Disney Experience" is there a place to click on THAT WEBSITE to make the advanced reservation or is that merely a website just to organize your plans ?
Secondly, since we will be staying at two different property resorts that week,one for 4 days and then one for 3 days which reservation number do I use OR do I need to use BOTH reservation numbers?
THANKS again !

The MDE website is the only one that will along you to make ADR's for your entire trip, not just for your 180th day. When you log in you will get a welcome screen, with a column on the right that gives you an option to make dining reservations. You can also go to each of the dates on the calendar and click on the "reserve dining" option at the bottom.

You need to link your reservation numbers to your profile so that it will open those dates for you. As long as you are logged into the My Disney Experience section of the website, see your resort reservation and see an option to make reservations from within MDE, then you should be able to do it. If you try it from the regular Disney website, instead of within the MDE section, it might not allow you access to the extra days.

Since you have a split stay, with two reservation numbers, the website might only let you make ADR's for your first stay on day 180, then make you wait until day 180 of your second stay until you can finish off the rest of the ADR's. You might be able to make the ADR's for your entire stay if you call dining reservations on day 180. I think I have heard people being able to do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter