What is the best ride to go on with a 47 year old mother and father?

tink 2257

Mouseketeer
magenta
Next year my family and I are going to Disney World and my parents will be 47. What kinds of rides should I take them on? :confused3

Well, I think that depends on your parents. I am almost 42 and I love all the rides at Disney.(except the teacups, I can't seem to handle those anymore) :earboy2:

My parents are just three years older than yours and we have been to WDW several times. Just in the last three years, I have finally convinced my Mother to go on Space Mountain...we are slowly trying new things! My parents are not into thrills so they stay away from Tower of Terror, Rock'n Roller coaster, and Mission Space. My parents love Haunted House, Peter Pan, Snow White, Carousel of Progress, and Buzz Lightyear at MK; at MGM, they love Star Wars, Who wants to be a millionaire; at EPCOT, Test Track, Ellen's Energy Adventure, and of the countries; at AK, the safari, It's tough to be a bug. If your parents have any back or heart troubles keep them away from ToT. Have a great time with your parents!

My mom and stepdad are 48. Both loved Soarin in Epcot. My stepdad is not a fan of roller coasters but loves Test Track and Splash Mountain. My mom likes the easier rides, like the riverboat in the Magic Kingdom, It's a Small World, Jungle Cruise, Spaceship Earth, etc. They also love Kilimanjaro Safaris in Animal Kingdom. It really depends on your parents personal preferences. My grandfather, in his mid to late 70's at the time absolutely loved Splash Mountain and rode multiple times with us. It really varies completely by person.

Im a 47.5yr old mother and I LOVE Rock n Roller Coaster!
safari
Big thunder Mtn railroad
Test track

I am 187,( ok, only 48!), and go on EVERY thing! Except Thunder Moun. cause it hurts my back. I am also of a rather , hum, "fluffy" body type... My DH has had a heart attack and he goes on everything. We walk a lot while there, and some at home. Just let them go at there own pace, and ditch them if they slow you down, JOKING! We do ditch the kids, DD 20, DS's 19 +13 when they slow us down. Not joking!

i made my parents go on space mountain (approx 60 and 55ish, i try not to remember for their sake ;)) this past december, my mom was not to happy but my dad loved it!

i wish we couldve gotten him on RnR :crazy:

I am 45 and DH is 50 and our kids going with us this trip are 14 and 9. The only thing we won't do are the tea cups. If you are going to universal too, the only thing we won't go on there is Back to the Future (its wayyyyyy to jerky)

My mom 62 went on Space Mountain for the first time and laughed the whole time!!!!

I am an ancient (ahem!) 47 yr old, DH :smooth: is 50---we LOVE
RNR, Space Mountain, TOT, Big Thundermountain railroad, Splash
mountain, all the cool ones! (where in the smiley list is the one of
the aging mickey.....hmmm :rolleyes:

My mom will be 70 in the fall. She has been to WDW 5x's in the past 10 years, most recently March 2004.
Her personal faves are:
all of the Mountains (Splash, Space and BT)
TT
TofT
RnRC

The only ride she does not like is M:S....which I loved!

I'm 40 and my DH is 44. We ride EVERYTHING! It's usually the kids in the family who want to chicken out. :rotfl2: My mom is 60 and the only things she won't ride are Space Mountain and Splash Mountain because she recently had back surgery. Have everyone in your family read about the rides (guidebook or web) and then decide what to ride. If you're parents are healthy......try them all! Have fun on your trip!

RnR is really thrilling but its not bumpy and it goes pretty quick...its one of the smoothest coasters ive been on!

itl make you go from
old-vi.gif
to :3dglasses

:crazy:

I will be 49 this year & I go on everything.. always have & always will. I don't think age is much of a factor as fear is...if you don't do coasters at 15 your more than likely will not at any age...and the oppiste is true, if you do them at 15 you will do them as long as your body can get in & out of the seats ;)

I'm 51 and the only rides I don't go on are the spinning rides like Teacups. My favorites are RnR and TOT. :bounce:

Thanks for all the tips!! Do any of you like Mission Space? I was scared to go on it last year on our trip...but I think I might want to try it this time....suggestions for me (the teen) :banana: and my parents........ :sad2:

DH & I went on Mission Space this past Oct. It was ok, we may have gone back on but DS(12 at the time) didnt want to join us. I might have to talk him into it while we're there in Aug.
I think ppl build it up to sound worse than it is.

What is it -- 47 and they are ready for hip replacements? :confused3 :rotfl2:
I am 48. DH is early 50's. He likes the wild rides -- the wilder the better.
I LOVE ToT. He still prefers RnRC and M:S. I really enjoy RnRC, but it is not my favorite. (My second favorite, maybe. :) )
Heck I have friends in their late 60's and early 70's, and I drag them on whatever I can. :) They rode The Mummy (USO) on their last visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter