What is the best month for a Colorado vacation??

mommy22gurlz

Mouseketeer
Hi! :goodvibes

We are going to be taking a trip to Colorado, we live in Tx so of course we want snow, snow, snow!! We want to ski, snowmobile...etc. I've been researching and pricing to go the week of Christmas. However, I've read where it may not be as "snowy" as if we were to go in March over spring break. Since the only weather I know is heat, humidity and more heat..lol...I need some opinions. I'd hate to spend all of this money and get little to no snow. I understand that the mountain area will have snow but we'd like to have it pretty much anywhere. Do you think that it's better to wait and go in March???

Thanks!!
Tammy

I'm not from Colorado and haven't traveled there in a while, but for many areas of Colorado, it looks like March is just as snowy as December. (Plus, you've got a whole winter's worth of snow already accumulated on the ground.)

List of Average Monthly Snowfalls in Colorado: http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/htmlfiles/co/co.sno.html

Is there someplace specific you're looking to go? You might get better answers if you narrow down which part of Colorado you're planning to visit.

Thanks design_mom! Yes, I was looking at Winter Park, Colorado. There are some nice resorts there as well as lots of activities.

I'm about the check out that link.

Thanks again!

I think it depends on where yuo want to stay and visit here. In the mountians, ski areas you'll have snow. If you are looking at Denver snow comes and goes.

historically March and April are the two snowiest months. But around here you never know. You could get hit at anytime. :)

When I lived in Telluride, I thougt April was great. Still lots of snow for skiing but not numbingly cold. We'd walk around in long sleeved sweatshirts because coats weren't needed except at night.

I spent 3 years living in Winter Park and some of my family is still there. While statistics show that March is the "snowiest" month, that's referring to the amount of snowfall, not necessarily snow on the ground. Beginning in March, temps can start rising which can start to eat into the base.

That said, there will be plenty of snow from Christmas through March (no guarantees though). When I lived there, my favorite skiing months were January and February; but it gets very cold in those months. If you can handle the cold, the snow is great. If not, go in March, it will still be great.

Have fun! I've been living/skiing in CO for over 20 years now and WP is still my favorite resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter