What is the best money you have ever spent at Disney?

I spent $6 on a autograph book on my first trip in 1990. It was my first real purchase of my own ever - I used babysitting money that I had earned to buy it and I was so proud of myself!

I've been flipping through it since I've started planning this (my 2nd) trip and it makes me really happy. :)

Its funny what one person thinks is awesome and the best $ they have spent and its not something I would have ever thought of, probably just because I haven't been in that situation. My DDs 16 and 18, still have their very first autograph books, we got them out the other day and went thru them, it was fun. We still have all their drawings from the drawing classes at DHS, they are free and they make a great souvenir, we date them so we know how old the girls were when they drew each one, its neat to see how their drawing progressed over the years.

MNSSHP tickets! We made a lot of great memories and have many great pictures from that night. Our son also did Pirate's League that day which made it extra special.

Whilst in Disneyland Paris, My GF and I splashed out and took the plunge (relevant puns), and bought Disneyland Ponchos, due to the rain. They were amazing, keeping us completely dry, and letting us have the best fun for the rest of our trip!

I have to say as a single mom the best money was the $5000 it cost for the vacation package. Never in a million years did I think I would ever be able to take my 3 boys to anywhere never would I have dreamed disney. But, taxes came. Bills were paid & I figured 'what the heck' people thought I was insane. Best decision ever!

Back in the day.........

Before evening Extra Magic Hours you could purchase Magic Kingdom E-Ride Nights for $10 if you were staying on-site. You could stay at the Magic Kingdom an extra 3 hours with very minimal waits. It was mostly Frontierland and Tomorrowland We did this on our first vacation to WDW and my 8 year old daughter loved it. I remember riding Astro Orbiter with Mickey, Pluto, and Goofy dressed up in space suits. It was a blast and well worth the money.

I'm not one to buy lots of souvenirs but the one I did get which I LOVE is my Mickey Mouse Cookie Jar!!!

Unfortunately, my dad dropped the lid (Mickeys ears) and shattered it last year. I still have the base and use saren wrap to keep the cookies from going stale but it's pretty pathetic.

BUT, as we are back in the World in ten days, I am HOPING to find a new one!!!!! :thumbsup2

My AP last year, I realised I was going twice in 12 months most of the time and buying 14 day tickets every time, so last November I upgraded the 14 day ticket to an AP and it allowed me to get an extra last minute trip in May as well as the October trip I had already started to plan, plus 10% off shopping. When I renew it'll only be a maximum of $100 more than the cost of a UK 14 Day PH for my planned two trips next year. Another bargain was the US AP, cost the same as a 14 day US and IoA ticket, first year used for two separate trips, but, only paid £84 to renew it which was £20 less than a single UK 14 day pass and will be using it on three trips within 12 months, £84 instead of £300, bargain.

Without a doubt, the cash for the Pirates and Pals fireworks boat cruise. It was SO MUCH FUN - well worth the money.

During our 2011 trip, I bought sterling silver ring with a small Mickey head with "diamond-like" stones in it. It was only $20 at the Emporium and I have worn it EVERY day since!

Silhouettes of my 2 DDs from France that cost approx. $10/ea. They are truly the best thing we have ever spent $ on at WDW! They capture their ages perfectly...DD18mos with her curls and DD6 with her pony tail. They are gorgeous and an unbelievable value - handmade treasures. We hung them right by our front door so we see them every time we go to the door:)

I have always found that when I spend "extra" money at WDW, I have never regretted it. Some include a golf cart for a day, castle breakfast, the same picture frame every trip, illuminations cruise (even though I wasn't a fan) and about 1.2 million mickey bars. When I leave my car at the airport, I leave enough money to pay for parking and gas in the car because I know I'll get off the plane with $0. :)

Silhouettes of my 2 DDs from France that cost approx. $10/ea. They are truly the best thing we have ever spent $ on at WDW! They capture their ages perfectly...DD18mos with her curls and DD6 with her pony tail. They are gorgeous and an unbelievable value - handmade treasures. We hung them right by our front door so we see them every time we go to the door:)

My mom had silhouettes made of my sister and me. My sister and I have both had them made of our own kids. The last time I went to Disney my 15 y.o. was only 9 months old. I am looking forward to getting silhouettes of all 3 of my kids when we go next fall. They are a great souvenir of a Disney trip.

Back in the day......... Before evening Extra Magic Hours you could purchase Magic Kingdom E-Ride Nights for $10 if you were staying on-site. You could stay at the Magic Kingdom an extra 3 hours with very minimal waits. It was mostly Frontierland and Tomorrowland We did this on our first vacation to WDW and my 8 year old daughter loved it. I remember riding Astro Orbiter with Mickey, Pluto, and Goofy dressed up in space suits. It was a blast and well worth the money.

I miss these as well! We stayed on Splash Mtn like 5 times in a row. Nobody was on the ride! The CMs just kept flagging us through. I loved e-ride nights! Wish they still had them.

During our 2011 trip, I bought sterling silver ring with a small Mickey head with "diamond-like" stones in it. It was only $20 at the Emporium and I have worn it EVERY day since!

I bough a Mickey thumb ring for $20 in 2000 that I still wear every single day. I love it! :goodvibes

Also, Memory Maker - I have maybe 20 pictures of me and DS that aren't selfies, and far less than that of DH, me, and DS together. I jumped in front of every photographer I found and made sure to get a ton of pics of the two of us, and the three of us.

The haunted carriage ride at Ft. Wilderness! I'll never forget my DDG screaming when the headless horseman came out of the dark galloping next go our carriage. It was so much fun!! My DD and I loved it. The cost was $60.

BBB for my DD when she was younger
Wildlife Trek last year
CRT when my DD was 2 1/2, she was amazed with all the Princesses

I LOVE those pretzels!

Yeah, so good. My father in law and I grabbed a couple of them (after Cirque @ DTD) and dang, they were great. Just the right balance of heat.

Also, my wife's silver Mickey head shaped pendant (with little fake diamonds on part of it) from one of the stores on Main Street. She wears it all the time and it looks great. Makes me think of our trips every time I see her with it on. :goodvibes

Dan

Mine was a cake as well. At the GF 1900 Park Fare dinner, I ordered a Tinkerbell cake for $100. I've never bought a birthday cake for that much, but it was the fanciest cake I've ever ordered (other than our wedding cake) and it said "Welcome back Elena! Love Tink".

My daughter totally believed Tinker Bell gave it to her. To see her face as it was delivered, was priceless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter