What is the best DISNEY resort for 4 light sleepers?

I’d say just pick the resort you want to stay at. It doesn’t matter what level, deluxe is no quieter than value. It all boils down to your neighbours and room location at that resort.
Ive been at deluxe where people let their kids run and yell down the halls while parents talked loudly, and neighbours talked loudly in room next door, at a moderate in a quiet garden room when the neighbour from hell moved in, thankfully it was our last day. And oddly enough had a stay at Pop where I heard nothing.
It all boils down IMO to the consideration or lack of with neighbours.
Most of the time I never hear anything, but the odd time I have and resort level has little to do with it. Just saying.

I’d say just pick the resort you want to stay at. It doesn’t matter what level, deluxe is no quieter than value. It all boils down to your neighbours and room location at that resort.
Ive been at deluxe where people let their kids run and yell down the halls while parents talked loudly, and neighbours talked loudly in room next door, at a moderate in a quiet garden room when the neighbour from hell moved in, thankfully it was our last day. And oddly enough had a stay at Pop where I heard nothing.
Most of the time I never hear anything, but the odd time I have and resort level has little to do with it. Just saying.

Exactly! I know my loudest ever room was at the Beach Club. Second loudest was at CSR. Both were because of the people in the rooms near us.

we have had neighbors like that. i pay them back by slamming my door when we depart for a park early in the am when I know that they are still in their room.... hopefully still sleeping😡

Get a white noise app for your phone. Covers up so much external noise

we have had neighbors like that. i pay them back by slamming my door when we depart for a park early in the am when I know that they are still in their room.... hopefully still sleeping😡
i would go down to the desk and speak with someone if they’re really obnoxious but only had to do that once in all my trips. I would have asked to be moved except it was my last day there.

i would go down to the desk and speak with someone if they’re really obnoxious but only had to do that once in all my trips. I would have asked to be moved except it was my last day there.

the ruckus doesn’t last long BUT it’s really disrespectful....

We have stayed at several and our quietest Room by far has been at the wilderness lodge villa, the Boulder Ridge section, it is not attached to the main building and it was extremely quiet here, almost too quiet sometimes!!! But almost all disney rooms that you enter from the inside are relatively quiet! We stayed at OKW in a studio once and it was by far the loudest we have ever had, next to a bus stop and pool and there is no buffer to the outside world, another time we stayed at OKW in a 2 bedroom and it was very quiet because once you come inside and then go to your room, you have two door between you and the outside world! Just do not do value. They are extremely loud!

We have stayed at several and our quietest Room by far has been at the wilderness lodge villa, the Boulder Ridge section, it is not attached to the main building and it was extremely quiet here, almost too quiet sometimes!!! But almost all disney rooms that you enter from the inside are relatively quiet! We stayed at OKW in a studio once and it was by far the loudest we have ever had, next to a bus stop and pool and there is no buffer to the outside world, another time we stayed at OKW in a 2 bedroom and it was very quiet because once you come inside and then go to your room, you have two door between you and the outside world! Just do not do value. They are extremely loud!
We stayed in a Boulder Ridge 2BR around the time when they first opened and we loved it there! The only issue is that even in that setup, there are only 3 regular beds. We didn’t stay there again because we were able to get 3 beds in the WL bunk bed room, which was a much cheaper option. We’d gladly give up the kitchen, laundry room and even living room just to have the 4th bed.

Spot on that you can't predict others around you. That being said in regards to quiet we had a great experience at Saratoga Springs. We requested The Grandstand (1BR) and either the rooms surrounding us were empty for the week or we they are just built well. Easy walk to main area, 2 pools and transportation; along with a great patio and golf course view. Peaceful and naturesque.

Honestly, I think this is the most practical solution of all - I’m just not excited about it for some reason.

I say re-visit having 2 rooms at the Swan or Dolphin! Once we tried the Swan we were hooked. We have now stayed at both more than once. You cannot beat being right next to the Boardwalk and all of the food and fun. Plus being able to walk or boat to both Epcot and the Disney Studios is so much nicer than having to hop on a bus. It truly spoils you. Even more now that the front of Epcot is a mess.

My last trip was spent split between 1 room (4 adults) at the Swan and 2 rooms at CSR. We have stayed at CSR many times, and love it. But once the excitement of having more room to spread out was over, you realize there are drawbacks. First, you have a bit of a walk to any food. Or when it was pouring rain, a drive to the food. We had a couple of days of pouring rain where we either had to eat out of the vending machine, or drive up front to get food. Both the Swan and Dolphin have little quick service/stores, and the Dolphin has a 24/7 place called Pickabu. No need to go out in the rain.

If the prices are comparable, we now book the Swan or Dolphin. It isn't even a question.

I agree with Riverside. Stayed there multiple times and I don't think I ever heard another person when I was in my room. Was actually a little creepy at times. :)

I stayed at the swan in Jan and again in Feb. It was fantastic, I am a very light sleeper and I had no complaints.
I had booked through priceline express for less than $200 per night. Although given the current state of affairs I would only recommend booking a cancelable reservation and not do a priceline express deal.

do you remember how long it took to be able to link your reservation? I have a res for the Dolphin and the website is telling me up to 72 hours but I’ve previously booked Coronado and Pop through Priceline and I seem to remember it being pretty quick. It was, at most, 24 hours. It’s been 24 hours now and I’m anxious to be able to link. I was also wondering if you were able to use the confirmation number found on your Priceline reservation (what I’ve used before) to link or if you needed a different number.

We travel with our young children and try to keep them quiet in the hallways but unfortunately they don't always cooperate.

I am an extremely light sleeper and am the biggest fan of the Grand Floridian. We usually stay in Big Pine Key in a theme park view room. If you stay close to the boat launch the rooms are loud (one year had a room in that area and they moved us as I couldn't sleep). You will hear the boat horns, but those don't bother me. I also second those that mentioned bringing a white noise machine. For your room request, I suggest the following: non-connecting, quiet room away from the elevators, maid/linen closets and HVAC units. If you request a top floor room at the GF, you will get a dormer room which are smaller as are their balconies. I am a fan of top floor rooms so that I don't hear people walking over me, but I am not a fan of the dormer rooms and never had an issue with hearing those on the floor above us at the GF. I have stayed at the AK in the past and one year they put us directly above where the delivery trucks come and go. It was LOUD and they had no other rooms to move us to, so we moved resorts. I would stay away from any room with a parking lot view as well.

Definitely NOT waterfront at the Boardwalk unless you love boat horns:rotfl2:

Invest in a sound machine. Bed Bath Beyond or anywhere online have them. I don't stay at any hotels without one. Even the quiet ones need a sound machine. :faint:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter