• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the best breakfast spot before the park opens?

saiforigis

Earning My Ears
My family and I are coming in November and are wondering what is the best spot to get breakfast and still be able to be there when the rope drops. I guess we could go to McDonalds. :-)

It really depends on where you are staying and what the hours are when you are there. If MM/EE hours are 7am there aren't many choices...Starbucks in DTD or IHOP and Denny's on Harbor. If those hours are a bit later more things in DTD will be open (Jazz Kitchen Express, Earl of Sandwich, LaBrea Bakery). If you're staying at the Grand, White Water Snacks is a great option! DLH and PPH both have small coffe shops/areas that will have pastries and bagels.

If you're willing to go to DTD, Earl of Sandwich has a great breakfast menu. But White Water Snacks is good too.

so, how do you define rope drop...do you have to touch or at least see the rope or be halfway down the hub or Main street?.... because it is all about where you want to be at 7:20

Disneyland Hotel has Goofy Character Breakfast and a Coffee Shop. There's also a Starbucks in Downtown Disney.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland-hotel/goofys-kitchen/

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland-hotel/coffee-house/

Same also available at Paradise Pier Hotel

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/paradise-pier-hotel/disneys-pch-grill/

mickey-waffles.jpg

Last edited:

Mimi's is awesome for breakfast! Just a few door down from McD. They open at 7am.

Steakhouse 55 at DL (next door to Goofy's Kitchen) has a great breakfast. I believe they open up at 7am, so you may not make rope drop with this option. It just depends on the park's operating hours for the day.

Is Mimi's still there? I was just looking at a youtube video that looked like it is gone.
Mimi's is the one in front of the Anaheim Fairfield inn right?

Is Mimi's still there? I was just looking at a youtube video that looked like it is gone.
Mimi's is the one in front of the Anaheim Fairfield inn right?

That was Millie's and it is gone. Mimi's is down just a bit farther on the corner before you would cross to Hojo.

I agree with the other posters. It depends on where you are staying, when rope drop is, and whether or not you are a rope drop sort of person.

It also depends on what your definition of a good breakfast is. Does it mean a full American style breakfast in a restaurant with table service? Or would a coffee and some sort of pastry or yogurt and granola do? Or a quick breakfast burrito?

I don't need to actually touch the rope, I just want to be with the group and ready to go when the park opens.

It also depends on what your definition of a good breakfast is.Does it mean a full American style breakfast in a restaurant with table service? Or would a coffee and some sort of pastry or yogurt and granola do? Or a quick breakfast burrito?

It doesn't need to be table service. Something as simple as breakfast burrito,pnacakes, waffles, etc will do. Something like White Water Snacks or Jazz Kitchen Express. We will probably end up doing either one of these.

On one of the DIS podcasts, Tony Spittel (I'm probably misspelling his name) did a good review of all of the counter service breakfast options in DTD. It was about a month or so ago. Very informative!

My family and I are coming in November and are wondering what is the best spot to get breakfast and still be able to be there when the rope drops. I guess we could go to McDonalds. :-)
Imho, mcdonalds is the best, really quick and very accurate. ..unlike the mcdonalds near my house. Should you opt for that there's a 15% off coupon here which lowers the price in line with regular mcdonalds
http://visitanaheim.org/coupons

I scoffed at the idea of going to mcdonalds last time but it was so closer to the Carousel Inn and so easy that we went a bunch of times and i wish i had printed these coupons, but they did give you a coupon for two egg mcmuffins for the price of one if you filed out a survey online, which i did use since we went there like 5 times in 3 days :)

Millies is torn down - Tom might mention it on the show tonight. He sent me a text message on Wednesday telling me that, but I don't know when Panera is going up. For Disney, my favorite breakfasts are at Steakhouse 55 and La Brea Bakery. I've sat in the seated area with my girlfriends, and just had the express last weekend with my nephews, and thought both sides had good offerings.

I always take my new hungry visitors to McD as their first experience at Disneyland. Of course it is midnight or later after the Coast Starlight arrives or the SNA landing. Anyhow, stretches out the legs and they can see, for the very first time, the Matterhorn in the shade of the night. Because, we will never see it again from that sidewalk angle as the Matterhorn is always behind on our walks south in the dark
  • :headache:

My vote would be for the beignets at Jazz Kitchen. They also have tasty breakfast menu as well. I can't wait to get my hands on those beignets!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter