• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the advantage of on-line check in?

trapad419

Mouseketeer
16 days and counting :banana: So so excited!!! Should we take advantage of the on-line check in? Will we be given our room number and building number at that time? We have paid for a preferred room and want to make sure we get that. Thanks

I've read where people have had no problems doing it on line but I've also read where their ADR's or other special requests were messed up. We will be going down again in Sept. and will not be doing online checkin because of the fear of something getting messed up. We stay at Pop and I'd prefer to check-in at the counter so I can make sure that everything is okay before I gfo to the parks!:thumbsup2

I've read where people have had no problems doing it on line but I've also read where their ADR's or other special requests were messed up. We will be going down again in Sept. and will not be doing online checkin because of the fear of something getting messed up. We stay at Pop and I'd prefer to check-in at the counter so I can make sure that everything is okay before I gfo to the parks!:thumbsup2

Exactly what my hubby said....hmmmm....thanks!

I too have specific building requests and would like to be able to check in at a counter with a CM in order to request a different room (if possible) if I am really not happy with the one I get.
I also think it adds to the build-up in excitement, waiting for the CM to do everything and then send you on your way. Yep, I'm Disney crazy. :)

We did this.. and we didn't get our request.. neither did our friends.. I did hold up the line and request that my building be changed... we paid for preferred.. it was very hard.. I don't know if we will do online checkin again...oh and we didn't get our room till almost 5pm.. and we checked in around 11am

We did online check in and would definitely do it again. We had a room request location (not preferred) as well as requested a connecting room and it was honored. Also we checked in at 11AM and our rooms were ready (you can always check in early but your room may not be ready...you will get a call when your room is ready).

The selling point for us was avoid the onsite check in line. We were with another family who did not do online check in and they had to wait in the traditional on site check in line. We were in our room well over an hour before they were able to get up to the counter to even check in.

If you do online check in and do not get the room you want...you just ask them to change it. That is no different then not doing online check in and walking up to the counter to check in and the CM giving you the first available room hopefully per your request.

I was there last week and did online checkin before leaving home. Check-in took about 2 minutes. Our cards were ready, our requests were met, dinning plan included and our ADRs with special celebration requests were fine. No problems with anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter