What is something I MUST do at WDW at least once??

I look forward to going during the flower and garden festival.

I would also love to take a slow trip and really just look for all the details and hidden secrects around the parks.

As you're walking down Main St. towards the castle, make a right on that little side street/courtyard right near Uptown Jewelers. It's usually quiet back there and if you're lucky, you can hear someone upstairs on the second floor taking singing lessons. La la la la la la la... I forget the name on the second story window, but they're advertising the lessons.

Another is to pick up the phone in The Chapeau, the hat store on Main St. It's a party line and you can hear the conversations.

It's the attention to detail that makes WDW so special to me. Stopping to smell the roses and focusing on the little things makes Disney a cut above everyone else...

Jim

We try to do something out of the ordinary on every trip. Some of the things that we have done are the horse-drawn carriage ride at Port Orleans Riverside, different tours, parasailing at the Contemporary.

My mom did the parasailing. I watched in awe because I was a total chicken about it. She said it was the most amazing experience she's ever had. She couldn't stop smiling after.

Typhoon Lagoon - spent hours relaxing and floating in the Lazy River, swam QUOTE]

We did this by mistake one year. There were 6 of us and we all entered the river at different times and spent two hours trying to catch up with each other! We had so much fun though we didn't notice. I could just go to TL for the lazy river alone.

Go during December when their Christmas decorations are up and other holiday festivities go on.

Agreed. I'd never been durring the holidays and I was totally blown away by the decor. They are so great with the detail.

As you're walking down Main St. towards the castle, make a right on that little side street/courtyard right near Uptown Jewelers. It's usually quiet back there and if you're lucky, you can hear someone upstairs on the second floor taking singing lessons. La la la la la la la... I forget the name on the second story window, but they're advertising the lessons.

Another is to pick up the phone in The Chapeau, the hat store on Main St. It's a party line and you can hear the conversations.

It's the attention to detail that makes WDW so special to me. Stopping to smell the roses and focusing on the little things makes Disney a cut above everyone else...

Jim

I've been going since I was a kid and never noticed this but recently heard about it. It's deffinately on my list this time.

And my tip to add is to pick-a-pearl in Japan. It's so much fun to pick an oyster and be suprised by what type of pearl they find. It could be a black pearl or maybe even two! My friend got two in one, one year and had earings made.

Gosh these are some great ideas! I'm definitely hoping to try out ALL the restaurants and resorts eventually (hopefully before I'm too old to get out and about lol). And I for SURE want to visit on holidays at least once, even if the crowds are nutso lol.

I would LOVE to see the Christmas parade that they broadcast on TV love just ONCE in my lifetime. I've heard they don't actually film this on Christmas though... Is this true?

In HS, go to Art of Animation and learn to draw a Disney Character. It's such a cool thing and you get to take it with you.

Something great for kids or kids at heart is to visit the Harmony Barber Shop in MK. For $5 you get to pick a colored gel for your hair that is then sprinkled with Mickey confetti. They also do regular haircuts for under $20 and now take reservations. Took my daughter there for her first haircut, which included a set of mouse ears. :)

rockin roller coaster as every one should be green after a ride once in thier lives.

we have done most things as been there 64 trips of two weeks or more and then short four day stays here and there but there is never a trip we do not find something new...be it new attraction or a free moive or a free marshmellow roast with chip and dale it is always something so yeah were addicted...

I did Splash Mt and Big Thunder Mt - screamed my head off on both, but earned a Splash Mt towel from my DH, ;)

When we went on our honeymoon many years ago, we made a day out of the World Showcase. We had a snack and a "beverage" at every country. First and only time I've had Sake. WHEW!!!

• Watch Wishes from California Grill - did it this past April and it was so cool to see it from a different angle.
  • Get DD's silhouette done on Main Street - meant to do it in April but will definately do it in Sept.
  • Go to MNSSHP - did it in Disneyland last Oct and we had a blast!
  • Do the Chip 'n Dale Campfire at Ft Wilderness.
  • Watch the Electrical Water Pageant and then Wishes from the Poly beach.
  • Go to the Gospel brunch over at HoB.

Some other stuff I have done (back when I was a CM and had the time) that is worth doing at least once -

• Watch the dueling pianos at Jellyrolls
  • Drinking around the World (Epcot)
  • Get your photo taken with the same character on the same day in all 4 parks.
  • Celebrate my birthday at WDW (had 4 of those ;))
  • Get the Kitchen Sink at Beaches & Cream
  • Watch La Nouba
  • Go to a concert at HoB
  • Spend the day at the Festival of the Masters.

Cdnmom6 said:
I've never done PeterPan! On my list this year! Also trying to book Pirate and Pal cruise for December, hope they open reservations soon!,,

Did this in February with my nephews (4 and 6) and it was a highlight of the trip. They still talk about it and the pics of all of us wearing our pirate bandanas is great. Well worth the price.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Getting to go IN the castle has always been on my list. Can't wait to eat there in January for the first time!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

The number one thing I want to do is dine at Victoria and Albert's - ONe day we will eat there.

We're working our way through all the signature dining experiences - and trying a different 'flight' at most of those restaurants (we've really expanded our wine and scotch palates since dining at Disney each year).

We're going to SoA for the first time this trip - and if the rumours are true this could be leaving in the next couple years - so happy to have our ADRs there.

We're taking the hula lessons this year as well - our girls are so excited.

Love the Pirates & Pals cruise - possibly we'll do it again int he future.

Been to MNSSHP, and MVMCP - we're thinking of taking a trip to overlap and do both parties in one trip :flower3: next want SW weekends and F&W - but those are more crowded times than we prefer to travel - so we'll wait until the girls are older (old enough to tour the parks on their own).

Still never saw Fantasmic - or all of illuminations - sleepy children afraid of big noises don't mix with those shows. One day.

I've been to WDW several times now and have a good handle on all the basics. Now I'm trying to make a "bucket list" of sorts of extra-magical things I need to do with each successive trip. I have come up with 2 things so far: 1) Have an early ADR in MK so I can be there before the park opens, and 2) Get pics with every character (I've never taken my pic with any of them so far).

So what are your "once-in-a-lifetime-of-Disney-trips" must dos? :)

Getting a kitchen sink from beaches and cream on my recent trip/birthday with my sister and our best friend was pretty great.

we are going on a make a wish trip in aug. 2012....what is this about a star wars celebration? where? and will it be going on anytime from the 15 -21st? We have a HUGE star wars fan!

We love the Wishes fireworks cruise. My sweet MIL cried the first time we took her. She stated, besides having my "9" kids, this was the most magical moment of my life. Go figure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter