What is Santa Goofy's Holiday Village at AK?

We loved meeting the characters in Christmas attire at AK! Be sure not to miss it!

Another thing to do at AK during the holidays is to look around and find all the character trees- as you look at the way each tree is decorated through the park you will find many of them are character specific.
Thanks for the info. I will look for this... We took pics with Santa Goofy at Disneys CA Adventure during Xmas time...

I just found this on another site.
Hard to tell if that means the parade is starting on the 8th or both the parade and the "village."
Anybody have any additional info?

Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade

* 2011 dates: Nov. 8 to Jan. 4 (2012)
* Included with admission

Simba meets Santa when the colorful parade winds through the Animal Kingdom. Other holiday features include a decked-out Dinoland U.S.A. and carolers strolling through Camp Minnie-Mickey, renamed "Santa Goofy's Holiday Village" for the season.

We did a really quick holiday trip last year and didn't do ak- would have tried to squeeze it in if I'd known! Guess we will have to try to plan another holiday trip - maybe next year.

I saw lots of pics from this area on a TR someone did from last year. The different trees along the way were so cute!

Cant wait to check it out during our Christmas trip...next year.

love Love LOVE the AK Christmas Parade! Love the Jammin Jungle, and at Christmas it is SOOOOO CUTE! Don't miss this!!!!

I just found this on another site.
Hard to tell if that means the parade is starting on the 8th or both the parade and the "village."
Anybody have any additional info?

Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade

* 2011 dates: Nov. 8 to Jan. 4 (2012)
* Included with admission

Simba meets Santa when the colorful parade winds through the Animal Kingdom. Other holiday features include a decked-out Dinoland U.S.A. and carolers strolling through Camp Minnie-Mickey, renamed "Santa Goofy's Holiday Village" for the season.

I found Nov. 8 through Jan. 4, too. I know when we went last year, it was open on November 12th. It was one of my son's favorite things!

Just a little follow up on Santa Goofy's Holiday Village at AK~

From the information I got from this thread, this was a "must do" for my DD9 on our recent trip between New Year's and the Marathon Weekend.

I'm not sure what the last day was, but according to the CMs I spoke with at AK, it coincides with the Jingle Jungle Parade dates, which Jan. 3rd of this year was the last day. (Can't confirm since we only spent one day at AK.)

I have to say, Animal Kingdom had some of the most intricately themed holiday decorations of all the parks in my opinion. If you took time to casually walk through the park and take notice, the details were amazing especially with the many trees they had!

As mentioned earlier in the thread, the character themed trees were awesome! They were adorable and I love the thought and creativity that goes into designing them. DD's favorite character is Minnie but her favorite themed trees were Lilo's and Stitch's.

Camp Minnie-Mickey was great. The holiday characters were dressed so adorably and their pavillions' decorations were beautiful! The lines were somewhat long but moved along quickly. Even when the characters went for a little cheese break and the like, they would come right back out. The photopass photographers and handlers were very efficient.

The Jingle Jungle parade was great too!

We are so glad we did this, had a great time, got some great photos and really enjoyed the holiday spirit here. If anyone has a chance to go in the future, I would say if you appreciate the themed holiday decorations and love the characters rather than running from ride to attractions, this is a well worth it experience! AK at holiday time is for sure a :thumbsup2

Just wanted to appreciate everyone's information here and share our experience....:santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter