What is Prime Time Cafe like????

Marine Mom

Mouseketeer
A friend of mine mentioned to me that she heard the Prime Time Cafe was a good restaurant. I have actually never been there and was wondering what it was like and if the food was good, etc. We are thinking of maybe going there for lunch. I appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Our family likes it. I have seen both positive and negative comments here. I think the larger your group the more fun you have. The watress are your "mom" and will have fun with you: Did you wash your hands, Get your elbows off the table, etc. The food was fairly large portions. Great milkshakes. The kids loved the fried chivken. My wife loves the pot roast. You can look at the menu on allears.

We've been to 50s PTC twice. Our first time was for dinner, and we had a wonderful experience. I ordered the fried chicken, and I think my DH ordered the pot roast. The food was fresh and hot, and the interaction was great! (Ask for Cousin Jennifer! She was awesome!)

The second time, we went for lunch, and it was not good at all. I ordered a fish sandwich, and it was tiny. My DH ordered the meatloaf, and he said it was dry and disgusting. Our server was obnoxious and not in a good way. He seemed bothered by everyone in our section. (To make it worse, we were next to Cousin Jennifer's section, and we really missed having her as our server.)

If we go back, I'm pretty sure it will be for dinner.

We have been three times. All were fun and the food was delicious. Fried chicken was good and they really gave you too much. Granddaughter tried the pb an jelly milkshake and though it sounds disgusting she loooved it. It is like being back in the 50's and u r the kid. The waitress/waiter tells u to eat your veggies and harps about this or that. It is fun and food is good.

We ate here for the first a couple of weeks ago. The fried chicken is very good and plenty of food. It was just my DS and I, but we really enjoyed the atmosphere. Definitely would eat here again!

We have been twice, both times with *HUGE* groups. ( First time, 15, second time 25! ) and other than having to be separated because of our group size, everyone loved this place both times. Our group are people of all ages between 4 to 62 with varying degrees of shyness. We've found the "home cooking" style food delicious and the server interaction really MAKES the place fun. ( well that and the chintzy 50's style kitchen and "living room" lobby ). The only thing I can tell you is we've only been for dinner, so I can't vouch about a lunch menu, but we love this place and it's on our "must do" list.

We have been twice, both times with *HUGE* groups. ( First time, 15, second time 25! ) and other than having to be separated because of our group size, everyone loved this place both times. Our group are people of all ages between 4 to 62 with varying degrees of shyness. We've found the "home cooking" style food delicious and the server interaction really MAKES the place fun. ( well that and the chintzy 50's style kitchen and "living room" lobby ). The only thing I can tell you is we've only been for dinner, so I can't vouch about a lunch menu, but we love this place and it's on our "must do" list.

Seriously, you should see it around the holidays when they bring out the cheesy Xmas decorations. I swear they got some of them from my grandmother.....:lmao:

I have eaten here several times and the food is good home-cooking and the experience wonderful.

I ate one year for lunch at the bar and had the hot dog and fries. When she brought out the plate, I almost cried. The hot dog had grill marks on it, and the fries were crinkle cut. She even gave me a couple of packets of sweet relish and a fountain coke (yes, a real fountain coke)Just like going to the counter at the local Woolworth's as a kid.

Second time, I was with my mom and we ordered the fried chicken and the meatloaf and split it. Our server actually noted my mom was rather shy and didn't "pick" on her too much. But, I am pretty outgoing. When I ordered my second glass of wine, the server said, "Nope, one is enough." Suddenly she and my mother was the best of friends.

Someone at the next table was looking at a viewfinder and my mom asked why - I rolled my eyes and said, "Geez, mom, it is the dessert menu."

It is all about the experience.

I remember eating there with my big burly nephew fireman who dislikes peas terribly. "Mom" forced him to eat all his peas. Everyone else thought it was hilarious but he was totally pissed!

I like the fried chicken :thumbsup2

It's seriously what you make of it. If you like to play along and get a good server that plays the roll then it's a blast! My hubby always likes to do things to get himself in trouble. He's been put in the corner on more than one occassion! ;)

We went for the first time this past Saturday last minute (my SIL wanted a sit down lunch). Our waiter wasn't the greatest, but the other waitresses and waiters were hilarious. We thought the food was good. We'll definitely go back.

I liked when one of the waitresses made everyone call this one guy a tattle tale and then she sang "every party needs a pooper that's why we invited you" to another guy. :lmao:

We have dinner ressies here for our upcoming trip. I can't wait to try the food, but am a little worried about the interaction. After a long hot day at the park I don't see my DH being too amused by someone fussing at him about his dinner, so I actually hope we don't get a server that is too much into character.

I wasn't too sure about it but, it was hilarious! The food was good. Get the pb&j milk shake. DH was so jealous of me he picked something else for dessert. I told him the Disers know their food and I always take their advice!

We love it and have been there twice. The first time our "cousin" wasn't really into it, but this time we had a blast, she was great. DH had the fish, I had the stuffed pepper and it was absolutely amazing (it's not reviewed here often enough!). The stuffing and veggies were light enough that I finished it all, and was able to enjoy my rootbeer float and a dessert - YAY! We got our "cousin" in trouble (jokingly of course), she forgot to bring our coffee so I told her "ooh, you're in trouble, I'm gonna tell mom on you." She said, why what did I do - I said you aren't letting us have any coffee, that's not fair! She laughed, and we ended up with coffee on the house (we were on the DDP, coffee was not included since we both had drinks with our meal). We can't wait to go back again on our next trip in January!

We've been several times. The food is always OK, not bad but nothing to write home about either.

The first time we went we had a great experience with the "schtick" they do. All the other times there was little indication of any antics anywhere in the restaurant during our visit. Like all restaurants that have theming requiring waitstaff interaction, I think it's just hit or miss as to how much fun you get with your meal.

I remember eating there with my big burly nephew fireman who dislikes peas terribly. "Mom" forced him to eat all his peas. Everyone else thought it was hilarious but he was totally pissed!

:rotfl: My guy is also burly so this sounds perfect!!!

I wasn't too sure about it but, it was hilarious! The food was good. Get the pb&j milk shake. DH was so jealous of me he picked something else for dessert. I told him the Disers know their food and I always take their advice!

Disers know everything! It is amazing how much knowledge everyone has!

Thanks everyone for your input, now I think I may move some things around so we can go for dinner.

As a funny story they made my Dad who is a very shy and uptight individual at times get up and sing the old baby rhyme "I'm A Little Tea Pot." It was the best dinner ever and surprisingly my Dad had a lot of fun. They really know service (in there own way).

ehaimanns

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter