What is POP WARNER?

Babyfatt

Mouseketeer
I've seen it mentioned here on these boards a few times. Looking on a thread about a month ago, by what I can gather it's some big hoopla with kids or teenagers. DISboarders were commenting how their WDW dates coincide with POP WARNER's. All the noise they cause at All Stars, etc. Others were asking if Pop Century will be providing rooms. Blah, blah, blah.

I don't recall anyone asking what it is. I'm in my mid 30s so I'm out of the loop on what the new kid/teenage group stuff is. I know of the cheerleading championships.

But I am a kid at heart. I love going through toy stores. Sometimes I find a "knick knack" and buy it (with no place for it).

Anyway, What is POP WARNER?

Thanks in advance

ps I'm staying at Pop Century the first weekend of December. That's why I'm asking.

Hi Babyfatt,

Pop Warner is a nationwide youth football and cheerleading organization. They hold conference meets and championships at Wide World of Sports in Disney a few times a year, and when they do most of the kids all stay at the Value Resorts. (Some have been seem at the Mods) They go with chaperones, but the ratio of kids to chaperones is high. They are loud and boisterous, and excited -- just like most kids. Only difference here is that they are there in droves.

Just wanted to add that I read on someone's post previously that there will be Pop Warner cheerleaders and football groups in WDW Dec. 5th - 10th.

(the groups, if unsupervised, can be loud, but kids are all over WDW. Gotta love kids if we love WDW!!)

:yo-yo:

Thanks ADisneygirl !!!

I'm going to be at Pop from Dec. 2 - Dec. 8. Hopefully, they'll all be at All Stars. With my luck I doubt it. At least I have a couple of days head start.

I bet the pools are a mad house. Luckily, I'm not planning on doing the pools.

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter