what is pirate night? if that's even what's it's called

mom x4 said:
Disnetnut4ever,
I have seen people in tropical attire every night at dinner, even at Lumiere's.
It would be especially nice in Parrot Cay because it is so tropical.
We saw have some people in tropical attire on Pirate Night. It was about 70% dressed like pirates the other 30 percent in other clothes so you will fit in just fine.
mom x4,grandma x4
Oh, yeah! I forgot about Parrot Cay. I am totally hoping to dine in Parrot Cay on Pirate night and one other night -- if that's the case, we could do both. I just have to tell my DH!

Do they give you an eye patch? Or in the pictures I've seen on these boards, did people bring their own?

Anne,
You have to bring your own eye patch. They only give you a bandana at dinner. At Halloween most stores have eye patches. They do have a few on the ship, but they sell out fast and are more expensive.
mom x4,grandma x4

Disneynut4ever said:
Okay. So bottom line... buy pirate accessories at WDW or on the ship?

Buy them at home....just do a Google search for Pirate wear or accessories and you will find a ton of online places for pirate stuff....much cheaper than at WDW and onboard. Also, this time of year with Halloween coming up is a great time to visit you local party/costume store for some great things.

MJ

My cousin, DS, and I sailed on the 4 day this June. I went on e-bay and pieced together a costume for my DS. He's 17 and it was his last cruise for being in the teen group so I wanted to make it special for him. He looked like Jack Sparrow! For my costume, I took an old pair of jeans that didn't have back pockets, cut them off at about capri length, and then cut the leg openings vertically about every 1 1/2" all the way around. I then washed them several times to fray them. Then I bought an inexpensive peasant blouse (white), a 2 1/2 yard long piece of red and white horizontal stripped material, which I tied around my waist. Next, I bought a stuffed parrot from Hobby Lobby and attached him to a wide piece of hem binding that was long enough to perch the bird on my shoulder and then tie the ribbon around my upper body under my shirt. A red bandana and brown sandles completed the outfit. Most things I had but I spent probably a total of $25 on the rest of the stuff. Everyone commented on my costume. It was so much fun dressing up but at that time, not many people knew about pirate night! Everyone was commenting that they wished they had known so that they could have had time to put something together.

DH and I are cruising next year so I will be getting him a costume at Halloween time.

Here is Pirate Night on the July 2 west coast cruise. My wife, girls, and server.

IMG_1926.jpg

On the Theme Parks and Attractions forum there is a 'stickey' thread of DISers designing t-shirts for each other. You can make iron on transfers and do a pirate t-shirt like this:

donmickpc.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter