• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what is physically needed to get into the park

jamoka

Earning My Ears
Hey - we bought tickets off of park savers and linked them to our MDE. They are showing up and all looks good.

We have been mailed magic bands.

What do we need to get into the park? Are the magic bands sufficient? do we also need cards (which we only have from a previous visit)... or something printed out from e-mail? I know I sound old... but I don't want to assume technology is working and not be able to get into the park!

Thanks all!

I believe your magic band is all you should need. I would have the tickets linked to your MDE account in case you should need to reference the ticket numbers, but you should be good to go with your magic bands.

I believe your magic band is all you should need. I would have the tickets linked to your MDE account in case you should need to reference the ticket numbers, but you should be good to go with your magic bands.

If tickets are linked to a magic band that means there's tickets linked on MDE. Nothing is actually stored on the MB

If you linked your tickets to your MDE and your magic bands are linked to your MDE, you're good to go. If you guys have smart phones, there's really no need to print anything as you can access it all via your phone if need be.

And always have ID on you

the very minimum is yourself and your ticket. The magicband and tickets linked to each person in mde is perfect. Your children and their bands might also be useful but that's optional if you have any.

You may also want your smartphone as the mde app is handy to check photos, your adr and fastpass times, get more fastpasses, directions to get from where you are to where your going, what the wait times look like elsewhere in the park, etc etc...

I personally also like to have some cash in my pocket and my id with at least 1 credit card just in case.. you never know what emergency might happen.. from there it's whatever you feel you want to bring.. when i'm bagless that's about all i have..

I keep a screen shot of any necessary info (fast pass reservations, ticket info) on the phone when I go just IN CASE there is some kind of issue, I can have it ready to show and hopefully hasten any time spent at guest services or otherwise sorting something out.

Reactions: msk
I LOVE that I can get into the park with nothing but my Magic Band. It is so easy.

One thing I often forget is my Disney Visa card (so I can get into the special card holder meet and greets). They have let me look up my account on my smart phone and show them that, but it is easier to bring the card. If you have one, don't forget it.

You don't need ID to get in to the parks, but it is a good idea to have it for a backup in case there is a problem with your Magic Band. In my many many trips to the parks with a MB, I have never had an issue and never had to show my ID (unless I was using my AP discount, in which case I need the ID to get the discount).

I would always carry ID with you. There have been times where the magicbands wouldnt work. When you go to guest services to fix it, they'll ask you for ID. If you dont have any on you at the moment and have to go back to your resort to get it, well thats just valuable time wasted right there. So definitely always carry at least a drivers license with you.

i typically carry my id, one credit card, about $100 in cash, and my magic band. everyone else just brings their magic band and id's (over 18) and we typically carry an insulated backpack with some water and gatorade in it.

If the tickets are linked in MDE and you have MB's as well, you are good to go. As others have noted, I would also bring photo ID (in case Mickey doesn't turn green) a cc, some cash and the paperwork from the ticket purchase.

I keep a screen shot of any necessary info (fast pass reservations, ticket info) on the phone when I go just IN CASE there is some kind of issue, I can have it ready to show and hopefully hasten any time spent at guest services or otherwise sorting something out.
This great advise has saved us and our friends when minor mishaps arose.

If we drive we take a photo of our car aisle or spot too! After a long day we forget

If you have an Annual Pass or DVC membership and want to use those discounts, you will need to have those cards with you.

I LOVE that I can get into the park with nothing but my Magic Band. It is so easy.

One thing I often forget is my Disney Visa card (so I can get into the special card holder meet and greets). They have let me look up my account on my smart phone and show them that, but it is easier to bring the card. If you have one, don't forget it.

You don't need ID to get in to the parks, but it is a good idea to have it for a backup in case there is a problem with your Magic Band. In my many many trips to the parks with a MB, I have never had an issue and never had to show my ID (unless I was using my AP discount, in which case I need the ID to get the discount).

Clothes, I suggest some clothes...

;)

After I took at tumble in MK, I always take my medical insurance card with me. I wasn't hurt badly enough to need to go to the hospital or an urgent care, but I'd hate to have the hassle of taking care of insurance after the fact. Other than that, everyone else has pretty much covered everything else I consider the bare necessities.

We just returned yesterday. We purchased a package so everything was purchased through disney, linked to magic bands etc. This was our first trip with magic bands, our last trip was 3 years ago when they were just rolling them out.

We had issuesome getting into the parks about 50% of the time. For some reason our bands kept linking to our tickets from 3 years ago. We spent several days talking to guest relations for 30 min trying to enter the park. They would relink it and all would be fine and then low and behold 24 or 48 hours later the same thing. It was highly annoying. So being that we purchased everything from Disney directly and they couldn't get it right I would bring some sort of back up just in case.

We just got home. I had some cash on me, but other than that we just had our magic bands. We all got in fine the entire trip.

The only unexpected issue we had was that the chocolate booth at F&W didn't have wifi and thus couldn't handle magic bands, but could handle credit cards. We also needed ID for the Wild Africa Trek. Otherwise, MagicBands worked for everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter