What is Photopass?

AllieV

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
I saw Photopass mentioned today for the first time in a thread. I've searched threads here and I've gone to the website, but nothing explains what photopass is. I guess I'm buying a CD, but who's taking pictures and where? And how would I find my pics later amongst millions of others? Thanks and sorry for my ignorance,

Photopass is a service (free to use, you pay to buy the photos or the CD)

Disney photographers are stationed around all of the parks and waterparks, usually at icon locations (Main street near the castle, epcot in front of Spaceship Earth, DHS on sunset boulevard and near the sorcerer's hat, AK near the tree of life, to name a few), as well as at the character meet & greets. You get a card (credit-card sized- that the photographer will scan, and then take your photo.

After your trip (or during, if you're impatient) you can get on the website, enter the number from your card or cards (you can have more than one) to browse the photos, make photo books, order prints, or order your CD.

You can also ask the photographer to take a picture with your own camera at no cost. They're more than happy to oblige!

Ok, I've read through these and thanks. Sounds cool. Three more questions:

1) Do you hand your card to the photographer each time before they take a pic so they can scan and have them all together? Or do you get a new card each and every time you get a picture taken?

2) Can you ask for several pictures to be done? For example us as a family then just the kids or something.

3) if you prepurchase, do they give you a number or you don't get one until the first picture is taken?

1) if you want to keep your card each time, you can. Yup, you just give it to them and they scan it. They normally have new cards on hand if you forget your card in your room, or lose it.
2) I would think that they would have no problem with taking more than one picture. They would probably be more than happy to oblige(sp?).
I hope I helped. I am not sure of #3, because I havent used PhotoPass in years. Normally we just use our own cameras and put them (the photos) on a disk when we get home.:goodvibes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter