What is on your shopping list?

viaggiamo

Mouseketeer
Hi

we are heading off to the USA again in December and I am beginning to make a list of what we want to buy.

I will be shopping the black friday sales online and having stuff shipped to the hotel and Santa will be coming to the children (and me too) while we are in the USA. :cool1:

So far on my list:

sunglasses
clothes
Merrells (shoes)
See's chocolates
M&Ms peppermint
new knives
a fry pan
golf stuff (DH)
lego (Christmas)

Is there anything you love that is seasonal to Christmas?

We were in the US last year at halloween and tried candy corn M&Ms and all sorts of sweet pumpkin stuff.

I have been looking at the peppermint Dreyers icecream...nom nom.

I love my cosmetics, so Sephora is a must visit for me! And Coach & Michael Kors for handbags. I am going to be in LA on Black Saturday, but not even sure where to start looking for somewhere to shop on the day!

I will be shopping the black friday sales online and having stuff shipped to the hotel and Santa will be coming to the children (and me too) while we are in the USA. :cool1:

How exciting, its getting closer, I am excited for you. what is the black friday sales???? am I missing a really good sale somehwere:sad1:

Cosmetics for me, for sure - I love Sephora! Guess! for wallets (the zipper has just broken on the one I bought there in 2011)... sports shoes. And anything else that takes my fancy :thumbsup2

Clothes and candy...I'm easily pleased lol I'm sure I'll see other stuff I'll like and 'need' to get too. Trying not to get too many nicknaks this year as we always have too many and no where to put them once home.

Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving. It's a bit like our Boxing Day sales, but better!

Ooh making lists of things to buy o/s is one of my favourite parts of planning!

If the dates work for you, and you're looking to buy online, remember there is also Cyber Monday.

If I was going to the US I would be doing the same as a pp and hitting up Sephora and Coach. This year I'm going to Japan so will be looking for Nanoblocks, stationery, maybe some knives and lots of cute Tokyo Disney merch of course lol oh and chocolate, I hear it's pretty good over there.

This year I'm going to Japan so will be looking for Nanoblocks, stationery, maybe some knives and lots of cute Tokyo Disney merch of course lol oh and chocolate, I hear it's pretty good over there.
Can highly recommend the white chocolate blueberry cheesecake Kit Kats (blue box with Mt Fuji on the front) and the strawberry flavoured chocolate panda faces.

My US shopping list so far includes-
Sees chocolates, particularly the gold truffle boxes
Lots of basics from Old Navy
Sephora spending spree- enough to last until I get to Singapore next year
The biggest bags of York peppermint patties I can find for my dad
Shoes, shoes and maybe some shoes
More Sees
A couple of Kitchenaid attachments I refuse to pay Australian prices for
And some Disneyland English Toffee as I don't think there's enough chocolate/sugar on the list!

Luisa said:
Can highly recommend the white chocolate blueberry cheesecake Kit Kats (blue box with Mt Fuji on the front) and the strawberry flavoured chocolate panda faces.

Omg those kit kats sound amazing! I had a friend bring me back a selection one time, and I really liked the cherry ones. Then again I like anything cherry (unlike most Aussies I know) so love that aspect of America too (cherry everywhere!)

Thanks for the reminder, adding kit kats to the list :)

Always on the list are genuine Converse and Vans plus Hallmark cards (much better selection in USA), gym clothing, trainers, sunglasses, Jelly Belly bulk packs, Sour Patch kids lollies, generic Fab Five Disney matching Disney shirts from Walmart, kids jeans from Osh Kosh, plenty of Gap clothing to last another year for DS, Levis for DD and heaps of travel size toiletries for the next visit.
Depending on upcoming events we also like to shop for Christmas, birthdays, babies and wedding gifts so there is no chance on the recipients getting similar items. I always have a list of items I NEED plus the WANT list too. My DH thinks I'm crazy but I always have a good stockpile in my gift cupboard-lol.

My shopping list is MASSIVE!

1. An inordinate amount of Disney kitchenware (considering I still live at home so do not have my own kitchen)
- A set of mugs (I love the portrait mugs)
- Best of Mickey tongs
- Best of Mickey salt and pepper shakers
- Best of Mickey measuring cups
- Best of Mickey measuring spoons
- Mickey glove oven mitt
2. My 2014 Christmas ornament (we each get a new one each year).
3. Lots of Disneyland t-shirts, hoodies, etc.
4. A Steamboat Willie plush
5. A Dooney & Bourke
6. A pair of Converse
7. Hopefully white chocolate M&Ms (of some form - peppermint, candy corn, etc.) for my best friend who can't eat regular chocolate and misses M&Ms.
8. An I <3 NY t-shirt (cheesy, I know!).
9. T-shirts and programs from all the Broadway shows I'm going to see.
10. A Tiffany bracelet for my sister's 21st a few months after our trip. (I might have to get some earrings while we're there).
11. Pandora jewellery.
12. Various clothing items - jeans, dresses, etc.
13. And probably a new suitcase to bring it all back! :rotfl2:

Cool. Thanks for an insight to your shopping lists. I love reading what other people buy!!

I also need to add Banana Republic t-shirts and long sleeve shirts for me too.

YUM! Did I read white peppermint M&Ms?????? :cool1:

I love M&Ms and had such fun last year trying all the flavours. I love the dark choc peppermint ones.

Cyber Monday sounds great. I think that Black friday is the 29 November this year, so Cyber Monday will be 2 December. What perfect timing as we fly out on Dec 5th. :hyper:

It will be so great to have alot of my shopping done, but I am sure that the Carbazon Outlets, Sephora, Chanel and Ross (among a zillion other places) will get a workout.

Where do you recommend for really good quality cookware? I am after a frypan (thinking copper, but still have research to do) and some knives.

Kipling Bags
Medicines from Walmart
Toiletries from Walmart
Skechers
Hollister and A&F clothing
Aeropostal clothing
Gap clothing
Osh Kosh clothing
Tiffanys stuff :)
Yankee Candles
Cosmetics
Stuff from macys

In fact when I look at that a total repeat of my shopping spree from last year!!

Gap
Skechers
American Girl
Sephora
A years worth of chapsticks at under 3 pack under US$3 + any specials I can find - I always lose them ;) Burts Bees are really cheap too.
Van Heusen factory store - DH likes their stuff for work, last time he got 2 pairs of washable wool blend trousers and 5 business work shirts for under US$100

Chapsticks
Old Spice deodorants for DH
Yankee Candles
Christmas decorations
Old Navy T-shirts
Mickey & Minnie coffee mugs

I have 11.5 months to add to my list :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter