What is on National's Emerald Aisle? *2011*

We arrived around 1pm on May 3rd, and the Emerald Aisle was full. We were about to take a Grand Caravan, but then noticed a Ford Escape so took that. There were Impalas, a Sebring and at least 5 minivans (only noted the one type before we grabbled the Ford Escape) that I saw.
Not sure what side this was, sorry!
Thought we might have been in Exec but no, it was the regular Emerald Aisle. :cool1: Very happy with our rental, and very happy with the price.
p.

that is great news. Which side were you on? I'm guessing all of the Easter holiday folks were heading out and the cars are all returning.

that is great news. Which side were you on? I'm guessing all of the Easter holiday folks were heading out and the cars are all returning.

Not sure, I don't know how to tell the difference. The aisle across was an Exec aisle, that's all I could tell you.

May 8, 2:45pm A side was 90% Impalas 3-4 Altimas, and 2 Mazda 6s. No SUVs or minivans.
Side B was the same, but with 1 Jetta and 1 VW SUV (touareg?)

May 16 at MCO, 7:25 p.m., A side: There was a row of 15 Impalas, 1 Chrysler Sebring and 1 beautiful white Dodge Caravan at the very end of the row that we ran to! Very happy to get the SUV for 13 days for only $178, all taxes and fees included.

The executive aisle was packed with large SUVs. Didn't notice what type of Sedans they had.

May 7th 2p A side:

Emerald Aisle: Lots of Impalas, couple of Altimas and 2 Jeep Liberty
Executive Aisle: Couple of Toyota Avenzas, 4 Ford Edge Limited Edition, a few Traverse, New Chrysler (300?) and a VW CC. My DH wanted the VW, but, it only seats 4 and we had friends joining us. We took an Edge with 4,000 miles, rearview camera, GPS, Bluetooth and Sirius radio. He loved driving it!!

Friday 5/13 @ 11am - Executive had a couple Suburban, Town & Country, Grand Cherokee, Edge, a Grand Marquis, and a fleet of Chargers.

May 4th, arrived at 3 PM

DH and I checked both sides and they were almost identical:

Lots of Mini Vans - Grand Caravans & Town and Country, Ford Escape, Impalas, Nissan Altimas, Dodge Nitro, and a Kia Sorrento.

I glanced at the Executive Aisle and saw many Toyota Siennas, Volvo S-40, Nissan Maxima, Dodge Challenger, Dodge Charger and a Chevy Suburban.

Happy Renting! :)

May 19, B side, 8:38 pm Emerald Aisle.

95% Impalas, 5% Altimas.. that's it'

Not sure about Executive, except, they did have a few Minivans, a Ford Flex and one cadillac, and a few smaller suvs.

We took the only LTZ Impala (10,000 mi).. grey, not bad, but I just noticed it has a screw in one of the rear tires.. I hope it makes it 10 days :headache::hippie:

May 19, B side, 8:38 pm Emerald Aisle.

95% Impalas, 5% Altimas.. that's it'

Not sure about Executive, except, they did have a few Minivans, a Ford Flex and one cadillac, and a few smaller suvs.

We took the only LTZ Impala (10,000 mi).. grey, not bad, but I just noticed it has a screw in one of the rear tires.. I hope it makes it 10 days :headache::hippie:

Thanks, Just in case your worried. We have taken a car back the next day. The air wasn't right so we just drove back and pulled in garage explained to the check in guy and they gave us our paper right there and said to take another car. We then pulled up to window and no problems. Right back on the road. Got to loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee National.

Have a great rest of your trip! :cutie:

Hi, I have a question about EA and hope someone can help! I'm using them for the first time next week, and since there's just two of us we got the compact rate. My understanding is that you need to rent at least a midsize to have access to all of the cars on the Emerald Aisle, is that right? Does that mean with my compact rate, I can only select a car from the aisle marked 'compact'? What if there isn't anything left there? Thanks for any help! I'm excited to try this program, people seem to love it!

Hi, I have a question about EA and hope someone can help! I'm using them for the first time next week, and since there's just two of us we got the compact rate. My understanding is that you need to rent at least a midsize to have access to all of the cars on the Emerald Aisle, is that right? Does that mean with my compact rate, I can only select a car from the aisle marked 'compact'? What if there isn't anything left there? Thanks for any help! I'm excited to try this program, people seem to love it!

check your rental information, it will probably say Emerald Reserve, in which case you would chose from the "category" you reserved and not the Emerald Aisle

Thanks, Just in case your worried. We have taken a car back the next day. The air wasn't right so we just drove back and pulled in garage explained to the check in guy and they gave us our paper right there and said to take another car. We then pulled up to window and no problems. Right back on the road. Got to loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee National.

Have a great rest of your trip! :cutie:

I also wanted to add that we had to take our car back once because the windows stopped working. We didn't have to go back to the airport, we went to the ccc. But we did call first.

check your rental information, it will probably say Emerald Reserve, in which case you would chose from the "category" you reserved and not the Emerald Aisle

Aha - it does indeed say Emerald Reserve. Thanks! So that means I still bypass the line and go straight to the cars but can only pick a compact, right?

Aha - it does indeed say Emerald Reserve. Thanks! So that means I still bypass the line and go straight to the cars but can only pick a compact, right?

That's correct. Have you crunched the numbers to see if the intermediate price is doeable? They way you can choose an intermediate or possibly a bigger car. Either way National is great and being able to bypass the counter is so worth it.

May 23 at about 11 pm after a 3 hr delay in Birmingham...lots of impalas, malibus, 2 grand caravans, and a beautiful mazda cx-9 which we loved! Four suitcases and our owner's locker fit easily in the rear. The aisle was completely full even at that late hour.

May 23 at about 11 pm after a 3 hr delay in Birmingham...lots of impalas, malibus, 2 grand caravans, and a beautiful mazda cx-9 which we loved! Four suitcases and our owner's locker fit easily in the rear. The aisle was completely full even at that late hour.

Thanks, good to hear, we are arriving late too. :wizard:

No wonder they are full. With the prices lately, folks seem to be going elsewhere, plus I can't even get their darn coupons to work for my August trip. (I did write them on their FB account about the coupons and their high rates.) I'm a National fan and a EA member 10 years now, but might have to go elsewhere for my next rental if things don't start looking better for my August trip. ugh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter