What is new Bonnet Creek Resort

huskergreg

Earning My Ears
We were at CBR last week and noticed a sign along the main road (Buena Vista Blvd?) that said "Bonnet Creek Resort Construction area". There is an entrance road to this area off the main road just east of CBR. From CBR we could see some construction to the east.

Is this another new resort or is it part of Pop Century?

Thanks
Greg

it belongs to Marriot. They owned the land and would not sell it back to Disney. It will be a Time Share resort.

Actually I think that is a Fairfield resort. My understanding is that the family that owned that land would not sell to Disney and by the time they were ready to sell they wanted way too much money.

It's technically a Fairfield property, but it's owned by the same company that owns Marriott and Cheaptickets.com

I know this because I went to a time share thing in Nashville and was told about it. I wouldn't buy into it. Mickey

Bonnet Creek Resort is a development that is to include a golf course, several hotels, and a Fairfield Vacation Ownership Resort. The Bonnet Creek Resort project is located on land adjacent to Disney property.

From the Fairfield website:

Fairfield Resorts is a subsidiary of Cendant Corporation (NYSE:CD), a global provider of real estate and travel-related consumer and business services. Cendant companies include Resort Condominiums International (RCI), the largest timeshare exchange company in the world, and Avis, the world's second-largest general use car rental company internationally. Major Cendant hotel brands include Ramada, Days Inn, Howard Johnson, and Travelodge. Cendant Real Estate Division is the leader in the world's largest industry, with three of the world's four largest brokerage brands: Century 21, Coldwell Banker, and ERA.

I believe that Cendant has no ownership interest in Marriott. Fairfield bought 46 acres of the Bonnet Creek property from Bonnet Creek Venture, Ltd to construct the 744 unit timeshare resort.

There have been several topics regarding this subject in both the News & rumors and DVC groups. Doing a search will yield a link to an artistic rendering of the architect's resort layout.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter