What is most important in your choice of resort?

What is THE MOST IMPORTANT factor in your choice of resort?

• Theme/atmosphere

• Points cost

• Room size

• Close parking/Valet parking

• Pool

• Other-please post what I forgot

Results are only viewable after voting.
I chose 'other'.

View is probably what is most important to me, but maybe not in the same ways as some.

I own at 4 resorts. At each, I must have a certain view.

I must have a balcony.

I don't want to be at Vero unless I can see the ocean.

Hilton Head - must be able to see the marsh.

BWV - don't want garden view. Give me Boardwalk View or Standard View - something has to be moving outside my window, whether it be shorebirds, ocean, cars and buses or boats or people.

BCV I own at but I never book it anymore, because I don't like the views.

I've stayed in a one bedroom at Saratoga in the Springs section where the only two things I saw move all week were a squirrel came by one day, and the guy mowed one day - I thought I'd go stir crazy on my balcony - never again unless I know I'm getting the Congress section - facing movement!

Same with OKW, but not quite as bad - unless I get a room that is completely isolated with trees around the balcony.

AKW - I've always had an animal view so acceptable.

In other words, something has to move when I'm watching from my balcony.

For me, it's definitely the theme as well as the room views.

I am a huge animal lover so it was a no-brainer that I would buy into AKV. I love the theme of the resort as well as the fact that I can sit on my balcony and watch the animals.

The second resort I bought into was BWV. I'm a Jersey girl and always liked to spend my summers at the beach and going to the boardwalk. So BWV is definitely my style. Plus, I love having a balcony over the boardwalk and being able to people-watch.

I didn't notice that until you said something. It went from April to December. Interesting. Was there even a BCV option back in April?

BCV existed when the poll began--SSR, BLT and Aulani and GCV did not...and their existence does not change things really---the question is the same, though those who answered in 2002 might have a different answer today, the FEATURES that are the MOST important in choosing where to stay are still pretty much as listed with some good additional ideas posted above...

I chose theme/atmosphere but for us we also always keep in mind to try somewhere we've not stayed yet. We still have a few DVC resorts to try then we'll probably go with what theme suits our current fancy :)

For me, it's all about the ambiance. The environment's atmosphere has so much to do with the satisfaction of the stay and overal vacation vibe. If I'm looking for a quieter, more serene "chill" vacation, it's AKV all the way. If I want to be in the mix of it all and go for more of a high energy vacation, there are plenty of others to choose from. It's why I love Disney/DVC so much. Flexibility and choices. :)

For me it is a matter of "how I feel" when I am there. If I am just "not sure", then it isn't for me.

Still a valid question--so many more members now--I would love to see more votes...
the question is about where you stay not where you own-
what is the MOST IMPORTANT CONSIDERATION in your choice of where to stay?

Instead of digging up this Methusalah thread, I suspect you might get a more accurate idea of current feelings if you started a new one.

What is the first thing I consider when we decide to book a trip? The size of the villa. Is it just DH and I going for a few nights? Then we want a studio. This trip we are bringing our two teens and two of their friends, so a 2 bedroom at OKW was our first choice because of the square footage.

So assuming we want a studio and all resorts are available, then my second consideration would be theming. Are we in the mood for a relaxing safari theme? A modern room monorail distance to great restaurants? Close proximity to Epcot?

Since there are only 2 of us room size isn't of major importance. We typically reserve studios (every once and a while a 1 BR) So depending on when our vacation is scheduled I choose our resort based on that. So, for me value of points or theming is most important. If we're going during a peak time I'd prefer to stay where points are less. If it's an off time of year I'll stay at a resort that typically is more points per night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter