what is more important to you

bad service is probably slightly higher than bad food-but they are very close.

If the food is truly dreadful-I won’t return during that meal period.
eg.. dinner at be our guest.
however;
we would still be willing to try breakfast or lunch.

Atrocious service makes me never want to enter the restaurant ever again.

the two together-it’s a naughty swear word!

Really bad food OR really bad service would be a one and done for me. We used to love Cali Grill. Had one horrible night of service and food and have not been interested in going back

To us it isn't an 'either/or' type of thing. Part of what makes a good restaurant is the atmosphere as well as good food. Great food served by terrible staff or at a dumpy/unkept restaurant wouldn't be a place we would return.

If the food is good, I will go back to the restaurant. Good service or not. If the server was blatantly rude, I will ask for the manager on the stop. Problem solved. If the service was poor (inattentive server), again i will address it on the spot by either letting the server know, OR speaking with the manager.

For me it is a combination of food and service. We had a horrible experience at Crystal Palace (over 30 minute wait for the table with an ADR, over 45 minutes to see the first character and 1.5 hours to see them all and that was with asking, the family that got moved from the other side of the restaurant to next to us after their 1-2 year old projectile vomited all over the other side of the restaurant - horrid smell and then he vomited again, and just poor overall service). I can't even tell you about the food as it was completely unmemorable, so between the terrible service and apparently lackluster food, we have not been back. I am sure it was an off night but we will never be finding out. There are too many other places that we have had much better experiences and would prefer to return to.

Of the two parameters given in this thread - one trip to any restaurant with bad food would prevent us from going again for a long while. As for bad service, I doubt we'd ever have the same server on 2 separate trips to the same restaurant over any extended time between trips.

How on earth can one person be so unlucky? Odds are astronomical low for that to happen so many times to one person
I know. That’s why I kept going back. I thought there was no chance. I’m a pathologist. I know the symptoms, the lab work for diagnosis, the treatments, the contraindications to treatments, the side effects of treatments, the epidemiology and the sequelae of everything... and yet...

I won't usually go back to a restaurant if I didn't enjoy the food. There are just so many other places to try where I could get better food. I won't necessarily avoid a place after one bad experience with service. Sometimes it's just one person having a bad night. I will, however, avoid a restaurant if I think poor service is part of the culture.

For example, we go to a little touristy town in the next state about once a year. We used to always eat lunch at the same restaurant. Over several visits, we saw the place just going down hill. The food was still fine. It was the attitude of the staff that was bad, and it was a continuing theme from the hostess to the server to the busperson. The hostess could hardly be bothered to seat us. The server finally brought a round of drinks. She never appeared for refills. The food took a long time to come out. We asked for drink refills, which she finally brought after another request and halfway through our meal. The people at the next table asked the busperson for a bottle of ketchup. He grabbed the one off our table without asking if we were done with it, which we weren't. It was just bad overall service. It happened a few times before we decided we were done with the place. I have to think it's a culture that's either ignored or perpetuated by the management. The food was always good, but we don't want to be subjected to that treatment when we're on vacation. There's a much better place down the street that's smaller, but we don't mind waiting for a table to get a better experience.

service or the food after reading some post it seems people will stop going to a restaurant because of bad service for us it would be bad food to stop us it mite be a server having a bad day i can live with that as long as the food was good

At the end of the day the food is more important. I can excuse mediocre service once or twice if the food is worth putting up with it for, everyone has off nights and not every single employee they hire will be a superstar. No amount of good food can make up for consistently bad service though.... if it’s bad 10/10 times that shows a problem deeper than a couple bad eggs and I don’t want to give a business my money if they openly don’t care about the full guest experience no matter how good the food might be.

Food is definitely more important to me. That's what I'm paying for at the end. It'd be nice to have both, which is usually the case when dining in Disney. I wouldn't stop going to a restaurant just over bad service. For example, I'm going to keep riding Tower of Terror even though I witnessed a CM being rude to a guest last time I was there. I'm there for the ride! 🤷‍♀️

I will give a restaurant a 2nd chance for either, but if the whole experience is bad I will wait a considerable amount of time before we go back. Right now my only never again is Skipper Canteen. Maybe we will give it another chance, but the whole experience was awful.

I am more then willing to give a place a second chance because every place can have a bad night. The food is the most important thing to me. If you have amazing food, I can live with it if the server is cranky. I know that we have been to places that the service was not good but they are few and far between (I'm looking at you Via Napoli). But if the food is consistently bad, no amount of good service is worth eating it. I don't eat very much, so wasting my stomach space on bad food is criminal to me.

I was a server for years before being a SAHM. I understand everyone can have a bad night, kitchen or waitstaff. My kids all learned from a young age how to act in restaurants and we are pretty good customers. I will almost always give restaurants at least one more chance. There is a local restaurant here that I refuse to go to due to one bad server. I would have given them another chance had the manager resolved the issue or even apologized but they didn't.

So basically if it's a repeat issue of bad service or bad food then I won't go there again.

Food first, I can deal with bad or slow service but bad food is just not acceptable.... Both of them at the same restaurant results in us never going there again

The nice thing about Disney is there are so many restaurants it becomes much easier to scratch one off your list.

In hundreds of Disney table service meals only one stands out as truly horrible service, that was at Yachtsman Steakhouse.

Luckily, Shula's, a much better steakhouse anyway is just a 7 iron away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter