• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is love bug situation NOW???

DznyDreamz

DIS Veteran
We are currently staying at the Vero Beach Resort since we wanted a lay by the pool / lounge at the beach vacation. However, the love bugs are SO bad here it is virtually impossible to be outside. We are thinking of relocating over to WDW for the remainder of the week but if the bugs are just as bad there, then it's pointless.

Any reports of current conditions would be appreciated! Thank you :worship:

We got back today and I am about to go scrub the bugs off of my car. The bugs are horrible on 95 and as you get to 528 and drive towards orlando they go away. i don't understand it but it happened. We saw only a few in Orlando this weekend. Be prepared to stop at a gas station to clear your windshield after ou get off 95 though. I coudn't see anything.

We've had to clean the car off a few times - they are awful here!!!! I just don't want to go through the effort of moving hotels if they are just as bad in Disney as they are out at the shore. You really can't be outside here. Well, unless you enjoy being swarmed and covered head to toe in bugs!

While they were very bad on the cars this past week, they were not too bad in the parks. I went in September and was constantly shooing them away. This past week however, I think I swiped at one or two a day.

While they were very bad on the cars this past week, they were not too bad in the parks. I went in September and was constantly shooing them away. This past week however, I think I swiped at one or two a day.

That sounds leaps and bounds better then here! I'm not a bug-o-phob normally, but this is just awful. The floor of our patio is literally covered with bugs - like a moving black carpet. The staff is saying they haven't seen them this bad in 3+ years. I can't take it anymore!!

It's my 40th birthday - all I wanted is to lounge by the pool or the beach and I can't really leave the room. :confused3

We flew back on Sunday after a 10 day trip and to be honest I didnt notice ANY bugs...so I guess the love bugs must not be bad???? It was crazy hot last week so maybe that had something to do with it??

We were talking to some people from the west coast of FL who said they were bad there earlier in the week, then there was a storm front and they blew this way. Seems like ALL the bugs in the state blew here! Who knows, just what someone said. It's really gross.

We got back and I didn't notice any lovebugs. I did get bit by a few mosquitos but that is pretty par for the course for me.

As a local, they were out a couple of weeks ago. But not really in full force, or nearly as bad as I've seen them in the past.

They have pretty much disappeared since. I'd say go for it, if they're really bad down there. They are pretty much gone up here in Orlando from what I can tell.

As a local, they were out a couple of weeks ago. But not really in full force, or nearly as bad as I've seen them in the past.

They have pretty much disappeared since. I'd say go for it, if they're really bad down there. They are pretty much gone up here in Orlando from what I can tell.

Well I want to be in whatever part of the state you are in!!! The staff at the resort are all saying they've never seen them so bad. The pool chairs are empty except for the black layer of love bugs. Every surface is completely covered with them. I am seriously not a bug-o-phob.....I can deal with them in some quantities. Seriously, this is really REALLY bad! The floor of our patio is completely covered with them. I got an ocean view room and all I can do is look out the window at it :sad2:

We got back and I didn't notice any lovebugs. I did get bit by a few mosquitos but that is pretty par for the course for me.

This. I think we saw one or two love bugs the whole week. If I hadn't read about them here I would not have even noticed. We did see a ton of cars that were covered with dead ones so they must have been bad at one point. Even at AKL where I expected more bugs due to the tropical set up, I didn't notice them.

we arrived home yesterday from POR...........these pesky buggers where there in numbers every single day and never eased up.

We just returned from 7 days at BWV on Sunday and only saw one or two love bugs the entire week on Disney property. We had a white Ford Escape rental and there were no bugs on our car. It was quite gross though walking through the parking lots and seeing some of the bug massacres on the cars, so the bugs must have been bad somewhere. It cracked my DS5 up.

we arrived home yesterday from POR...........these pesky buggers where there in numbers every single day and never eased up.

Wow - we arrived home Sunday and had the opposite experience. We were at POP then AKL. I wonder if the river or all the flowers at POR attracted them?

Wow. We're here now @ Pop Century, and I honestly have maybe seen about a dozen lovebugs. Yes, we hit several with our car on the way over here, but we were expecting it and brought stuff to clean them off right away so they didn't hurt the paint on the car. But just walking around the parks and resorts, I can't tell there's a "lovebug season" going on.

Wow. We're here now @ Pop Century, and I honestly have maybe seen about a dozen lovebugs. Yes, we hit several with our car on the way over here, but we were expecting it and brought stuff to clean them off right away so they didn't hurt the paint on the car. But just walking around the parks and resorts, I can't tell there's a "lovebug season" going on.

What product did you use to clean the lovebugs from the car?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter