What is KTTW Card for?

Ur Friend

Earning My Ears
I have heard mention of the KTTW (Key To The World) card and I was wondering what are all the uses of it. Does it open my cabin door?; Do I use it to charge things on board?; Do I have to carry it with me all the time?; Is it some kind of magnetic card that I have to "swipe" when exiting and boarding at ports? :confused3

The answer to your questions are YES, YES and YES!

It is the only thing you need on board. It opens your cabin door, opens and closes your safe, pays for anything you buy on board. You also swipe on and off the ship with it! It truly is your key to the world of wonder and magic!

Okay, I'm gett'in the idea of the whole multi-purpose KTTW card ...Now, does everyone get issued their own, including kids/teens? What do you do with the thing if you don't have any pockets and don't want to lug around a purse; can you somehow "wear" it around your neck or something? :confused3

I've also read somewhere that you need photo ID to get off at the ports...do they put your picture on the KTTW card? If not then: It is my understanding that passports/birth certificates are handed in at the beginning of the cruise and not returned until the end of the cruise; so what kind of photo ID can be used for kids/teens or people who don't have their driver's licenses? :earseek: :earseek: :earseek:

Ur Friend said:
Okay, I'm gett'in the idea of the whole multi-purpose KTTW card ...Now, does everyone get issued their own, including kids/teens? What do you do with the thing if you don't have any pockets and don't want to lug around a purse; can you somehow "wear" it around your neck or something? :confused3

Exactly. Or, you can have a hole punched in a corner of it (well, the CMs at Guest Services have the punch and can do it) .....and attach it to a belt loop lanyard.

Ur Friend said:
I've also read somewhere that you need photo ID to get off at the ports...do they put your picture on the KTTW card? If not then: It is my understanding that passports/birth certificates are handed in at the beginning of the cruise and not returned until the end of the cruise; so what kind of photo ID can be used for kids/teens or people who don't have their driver's licenses? :earseek: :earseek: :earseek:

No, no picture on KTTW card. Use a drivers license as i.d. to get on and off the ship. The only time I've heard of passports being held by DCL is in the case of non-U.S. residents. But you would not want to carry around those anyway. I've never seen a child have to show i.d....Just the KTTW card. A child might also carry a prepaid arcade game card that you might want to have a "holder" for...I found one once in a corridor that must have fallen out of a pocket...

A lot of cruise lines (HAL and Princess) take your picture before you board, and everytime you reboard, they scan your card and your picture comes up on the computer.

Disney doesn't have a picture in the computer, but without you knowing it, when you check in at the port, the agent puts your description in, I looked over as my card was scanned getting back on the ship and it had my name, my age, my height and weight, and noted I had a beard.

tvguy said:
Disney doesn't have a picture in the computer, but without you knowing it, when you check in at the port, the agent puts your description in, I looked over as my card was scanned getting back on the ship and it had my name, my age, my height and weight, and noted I had a beard.

I hope that you didn't shave your beard off during the cruise!

I'm surprised they don't take your picture. it's sounds easier than putting in descriptions of everyone.

Do most people that have US Passports use them as their idea to get off/on the ship while at port?

jordgubben said:
I'm surprised they don't take your picture. it's sounds easier than putting in descriptions of everyone.

Do most people that have US Passports use them as their idea to get off/on the ship while at port?

I've only taken my passport off the ship when I've been on other cruise lines and we were required to use them to go into the country. If you by chance got stuck in a foreign country that required passports, you definitely would want to carry in a fanny pack incase you missed the ship or ended up in a hospital to get out of the country without too much hassle.

seaulater said:
I've only taken my passport off the ship when I've been on other cruise lines and we were required to use them to go into the country. If you by chance got stuck in a foreign country that required passports, you definitely would want to carry in a fanny pack incase you missed the ship or ended up in a hospital to get out of the country without too much hassle.
If the passport wasn't required to leave the ship I would leave it locked in the safe in my room. What I do carry is a copy of the identification page of my passport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter