What is Jersey Week?

No sure about this year, but every year there is the NJEA convention and usually Veterans day which means only 2 days of school, which means - go to DISNEY!

All public school districts are closed Thurs.Nov.6th and Fri. Nov.7th..

Depends on the district, but some districts combine days and have at least 2 additional days off that week or after..Think Veterens Day is following
Tuesday Nov,11th so alot of people from Jersey take off for a Disney Holiday!

Flights are very very high now though for that week..If you want to do it economically, you really should book by January for a November vaca or even December...Airlines are saavy to Jersey folks traveling during that week!

Good luck!:goodvibes

Jersey Week is the week in November during which the New Jersey Education Association holds its annual convention in Atlantic City, NJ. This year it will take place November 6-7. Most NJ public schools are closed that week, and many people go to WDW to take advantage of a non-summer, non-holiday week. :)

Once we went the week after and we went to get our pic with Jasmine (parks were empty btw) and she asked where we were from and we said Jersey. She was like oh your whole kingdom was here last week! :laughing:

Flights are very very high now though for that week..If you want to do it economically, you really should book by January for a November vaca or even December...Airlines are saavy to Jersey folks traveling during that week!

Good luck!:goodvibes

Jerseygal,

Your post is an understatement! "Jerseyweek" is a secret no longer to the airline industry. I booked "JetBlue" out of JFK because the flights from EWR were priced so high! Luckily I booked early because even JFK and LGA flights are going very high.

Jersey residents directly impact Disney in a big way. We get a whole week named after us!

I guess I'm not clear - is Jersey week the week of the 3rd or the week of the 10th? Do the parks normally clear out after the 11th (Veterans day), or will it be busy the whole rest of that week. We had heard that the beginning of November was a good time to go - low crowds - and were thinking of planning a trip that week. I had read that Veterans day wasn't that big of an impact on the parks, but now I'm wondering...

Thanks!
Lori

Anyone know how Jersey Week crowds compare to last week in Aug. crowds? Both times it seems most southern schools are in session. We didn't have bad crowds two years ago, but I have no comparision either!

I guess I'm not clear - is Jersey week the week of the 3rd or the week of the 10th? Do the parks normally clear out after the 11th (Veterans day), or will it be busy the whole rest of that week. We had heard that the beginning of November was a good time to go - low crowds - and were thinking of planning a trip that week. I had read that Veterans day wasn't that big of an impact on the parks, but now I'm wondering...

Thanks!
Lori

I been to Disney twice during Jersey Week, and I do believe Veteran's Day plays a major role in crowds. Many kids from all over have a long weekend, so there are plenty of people (not just Jerseyans) filling the parks, since little school will be missed. The Thursday-Friday-Saturday-Sunday (November 6th to November 9th) is always far busier than earlier in the week (like the 2nd to 6th). The two full weeks surrounding "Jersey Week" are far less busy.

Even so, we managed just fine with the crowds during "Jersey Week", using normal trip planning. :)

Jersey week is preferred over late August/early September because the weather is cooler...

So should I expect the parks to be pretty crowded? We are going to be there from Nov 5th - 12th.

when we went last year it was not that crowded. infact i had read about jersey week on the dis and gave DF a heads up about it, the funny thing was we found that there were more people from the united kingdom than anywhere else. anywho the rides were decent wait time in the day and awesome ehm at night were most rides were walk on.

Thursday-Friday-Saturday-Sunday (November 6th to November 9th)
Perfect-we fly home on the 6th. LOL I've been doing a lot of research on this and people say it's busy but nowhere near what it is at peak summer times, spring break, and Christmas. It'll be what it'll be for us since we booked it without having ever heard of 'Jersey Week'. We thought it'd be a dead time, especially with US elections on the 4th.

Anyone know how Jersey Week crowds compare to last week in Aug. crowds? Both times it seems most southern schools are in session. We didn't have bad crowds two years ago, but I have no comparision either!

Last year we went both the last week in August and Jersey week, and Jersey week seemed much better. I think it was because the last week of August was the first week of free dining, but also maybe it was because November wasn't as hot. It was crowded, but very doable. And it was especially funny when we took TGMR at MGM, um DHS, and the gangster said "What is this, joisey?" and we laughed because I think we were the only ones on the boat not from joisey!:laughing:

We're from NJ but we never think about going during that week because our kids are involved in fall sports.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter