What is it with Chicken Wings??

Uncleromulus

Plain grey will be fine
Wildly popular I know and often sought after at WDW.

But they have so little meat that I need about 50 of them just to make a meal:)

Plus they are a lot of work to eat and very messy.

Boneless "wings"?? Pretty good. At least there is meat:)

So am I the only person not fascinated with Chicken Wings????

Here too.

I see all the time ads for 10 wings, 20 wings, a whole bucket of wings, a tractor trailer load of wings. Even FREE wings if you buy enough beer!!

But what is it you like about them??

thumbalyna said:
Im from the north east and wings and pizza is a staple up here.

yes me too. im from Canada and pizza & wings are definitely a staple here too. My DS12 and I love them!

Believe it or not the wings at scifi is pretty darn good. I was quite surprised. I love both regular and boneless wings too. But I prefer bone-in.

I cant tell you why i like them. They're just so good!

Sent from my Galaxy SII

I know! They are so messy, I usually only eat them at home. and it seems like I end up with more on the plate AFTER I eat them than when I started. They are tasty, but I could eat strips or bigger pieces of chicken flavored the same way and be happy. I don't get why they cost so much. You're getting a super deal if it's 50 cents a pc. That being said, my friend in FL says the wings at Publix are delicious and I plan to try them on my next visit in January. No Publix in CA.

Its hard to say what about them. I know if i get an order i have to have them extra crispy. Sometimes i do get boneless bites which are good as well. I honestly believe its the sauce that matters. I do know several people who do eat 30 at a time, which i why i think "wing night" is so popular. I think it might be like anything else that you eat, you were brought up on it so its just what you know.

thumbalyna said:
Its hard to say what about them. I know if i get an order i have to have them extra crispy. Sometimes i do get boneless bites which are good as well. I honestly believe its the sauce that matters. I do know several people who do eat 30 at a time, which i why i think "wing night" is so popular. I think it might be like anything else that you eat, you were brought up on it so its just what you know.

Extra crispy is a must! so yummy. That's why the wings at ohana made me gag. Super slimy. so gross.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

Most of--if not all of--the boneless "wings" I see aren't "wing meat" at all. But white chicken meat.

With the exact same sauces as with actual wings, those are pretty good---

I don't get wings either.

I am amazed by the success of the Buffalo Wild Wings chain. I commented to DH that they are marketing geniuses, they figured out how to make millions selling the garbage parts of the chicken that nobody wants!

Nicole

We get wings from a local restaurant and like that they can be many different flavors that "big" chicken isn't. When we take-out, we all order different. I tried boneless wings once and noticed they were not, in fact, wings at all. Never again.

I am amazed by the success of the Buffalo Wild Wings chain. I commented to DH that they are marketing geniuses, they figured out how to make millions selling the garbage parts of the chicken that nobody wants!

Nicole

Technically, there are much worse parts of a chicken that I don't want to know where they end up! :lmao: Necks, gizzards, butts. At least the wings can be made flavorful !

nigel-bigel said:

Nicole
Ummm, if nobody wants the wings then why are they so popular and expensive?

AJKMOM said:
We get wings from a local restaurant and like that they can be many different flavors that "big" chicken isn't. When we take-out, we all order different. I tried boneless wings once and noticed they were not, in fact, wings at all. Never again.
of course boneless wings are not from the actual wing. they're chicken breast, breaded and smothered in wing sauce. so yummy.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

Ummm, if nobody wants the wings then why are they so popular and expensive?

of course boneless wings are not from the actual wing. they're chicken breast, breaded and smothered in wing sauce. so yummy.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

Do you know why they are called "boneless wings"? I know they are boneless, not why they are called wings. I don't care for white meat from a chicken, so I was disappointed.

AJKMOM said:
Do you know why they are called "boneless wings"? I know they are boneless, not why they are called wings. I don't care for white meat from a chicken, so I was disappointed.

I think it's just another way to say chicken finger or chicken nugget which is basically what a boneless wing is, breaded and fried chicken breast.

I know! They are so messy, I usually only eat them at home. and it seems like I end up with more on the plate AFTER I eat them than when I started. They are tasty, but I could eat strips or bigger pieces of chicken flavored the same way and be happy. I don't get why they cost so much. You're getting a super deal if it's 50 cents a pc. That being said, my friend in FL says the wings at Publix are delicious and I plan to try them on my next visit in January. No Publix in CA.

The wings at Publix are pretty good. Try to get them to make you a fresh batch. The ones that they have out can get dried out from being under a heat lamp for who knows how long.

Melissabo said:
I think it's just another way to say chicken finger or chicken nugget which is basically what a boneless wing is, breaded and fried chicken breast.

Some boneless wings are not breaded as well, it all depends on where you get them.

but my SO doesn't at all. I love those at Ohana but they can be sticky. Sesame teriyaki can seen to be slimy but I love the flavor.

I eat wings here at the home both boneless and regular. We have Roosters and they have really good wings.

I love the ones they serve at Scat Cat's club too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!