what is it about Atkins that lets you eat

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
junk food and still lets you loose quicker than those eating fruit & vegs?
Does your body get jump started ea time you eat something youre not suppose to?

I don't think Atkins people eat brownies, ice cream, M&Ms and cake. It's a low carb, sugar free way of eating. From what I have read here, if they do eat chocolate, it's sugar free chocolate. ;)

No sugar at all is permitted on Atkins, Barb. Most fruit is off limits, and all fruit is off limits at the beginning.

Barb,

We can't eat any of the things you've listed on Atkins. Not, sure where you came up with that idea. Have you looked at our list of recipes at the top of this forum? We eat no sugar, flour etc. etc. but we do eat fat, and protein and a few good carbs (on induction - make that very few carbs! After induction we can start adding back carbs in the form of vegetables and nuts and very, very limited fruits. But none of those sugary things you've listed. And Atkins isn't always tons of weight loss instantly - it's a committment to a change of lifestyle. I've lost one lb in 5 weeks since starting Atkins. But I'm sticking with it (the fat fast I'm doing is a part of the Atkin's regimen for people like me).

Like Kath said, you need to find a real plan, research it and stick with it.

Karyn

I honestly didnt think those things were accepted on the Atkins plan. However, I have seen those things work to advantage.

Barb, it is really aggravating that you edited your post. Now, I'm all curious. Don't you know how nosy I am? ;)

What did you think low carbers ate? You have to tell me now that you have piqued my interest.

Originally posted by imgoingtodisney
junk food and still lets you loose quicker than those eating fruit & vegs?
Does your body get jump started ea time you eat something youre not suppose to?

Are You kidding me???? Junk Food!!! I don't know anyone who is losing weight and eating junk food. How do people on Atkins eat Junk food when there is absoulutely no flour or Sugar on the plan? Thank question to me is VERY insulting!!

And to answer your "other" question NO we don't get a "jump start" everytime we eat something we aren't suppose to. We start induction again and WORK our way back on plan!!!

516.gif
Wovenwonder's comment, not at you, Barb!

Forgive us our carb and calorie deprivation nasties!

Karyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter