what is interesting for teenage boys to want to buy on a trip to wdw?

eeyorelor

Mouseketeer
Hi we are a first time family going to the world in january.. Kids are boy,14 boy 12 boy 8 and boy girl twins 5.. My question is, every time my kids spend their money i say you arent gonna have any thing for disney ..And they say so what what are we gonna want to buy any ways... I was hoping someone would tell me what things there kids really wanted and how much is was so i can get an idea what all the kids need to save..especially the tennagers..the little ones save even the tooth fairy money they have saved.... Please help me i want to make sure they have enough money saved up ...thanks :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

Wow! tough question...It really depends on the kids to be honest with you....once they get there it could be anything that catches their eye....at Pleasure Island...they have the music store and candy store...at DTD there is a sport shop, pin store, and the toy store...

I'm trying to think about what my son wanted...I think he was 12 at the time....he got a cool lion head cup at the Animal kingdom, a goofy hat....CD's....

it really depends upon their tastes...have a great trip!!!

Holycow

The older kids may not want stuff in the parks, but DTD (Team Mickey's) and Pleasure Island may have things for them. There's a Planet Hollywood store in the DTD restaurant they may like, too. Actually if you can make it over to Citywalk at Universal, there's tons of stuff for teens there.

My 3 teen ds really didnt ask or want souveniers. What they did want was to buy stuff in the candy store at mk and mgm and then I got them stuff at team mickey in dtd. I got different sport shirts and let them share etc. I got mostly baseball and basketball, their favorites and found a motorcycle shirt for the one ds. Oldest ds 16 liked the espn t I picked out.

There are Star Wars themed shirts at Star Tours, and all sorts of Star Wars goodies - if your teens are into that.

A lot of the attractions have attraction related t shirts and caps - Tower of Terror.

I think at the Studio's you'll find some merchandise for Disney's afflilate shows and performers. Disney may have some "names" under contract that might be interesting to them.

Most of the stuff isnt' targeted towards teen boys though - they should remain relatively unscathed by the marketing. I can't imagine teen boys getting excited by the plethora of Pooh merchandise.

My DS15 is saving his money for a trip to the Virgin store at DTD to buy CDs. Of course, that's what he spends most of his money here on too.

It depends on your DS - mine, now 14 & 9, have been going for years so they collect pins (usually from rides they like). DS14 also likes Villians & Nightmare Before Christmas stuff, mostly tshirts & the like. They are the "spawn" of a cronic collector (me!) so we always find something to buy!!!!

Christine

I guess all preteen/teenage boys are the same, because I was going to say Virgin Records also. That's where all my son's souvenir money goes, or should I say where all my money goes. :p Some of the cd's are more expensive than Walmart, etc., but they always have some on sale also. If there's a cd that they've been looking for, and couldn't find at home, they'll probably find it there. Also, they may enjoy the magic shop near VR. When we went to Universal over the summer, all my son and nephew wanted to do was watch movies. They may want to spend some souvenir money watching movies at the AMC theater, also at DTD. By the way, you can buy discounted tickets from hotwire savings club. Don't forget the arcades. Tell them to save their quarters. I'm sure they'll find plenty of ways to spend both their and your money. ;)

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

DD14 was interested in the cart and shop outside of the Haunted Mansion. It had HM and other spooky stuff!:cool:

Do you think $100 is enough????? I just no that alll i can afford for each kid is a tshirt, key ring, and pressed pennies .. I told them all if they want more stuff then they will have to buy it themselves.......

we just got back yesterday and my ds who is 13 didn't spend a dime. We looked and made suggestions and he just never found anything he wanted. We even took him to a mall and he still said that he would really rather save his money and use it when he got home. My dd who is 8 bought an autograph book and a sun- visor and a lei at the ron jon shop and was as happy as could be.

My DS and nephew are around that age (15) and they rarely buy very much. In fact, the first time we went, I think we spent more time in the stores because they wanted to spend their money than the rides...I said never again, lol. They did buy a few CD's but they could have bought the same at home. There really isn't that much for boys that age. Most are too cool to want Disney stuff and other than one ride T-shirt which they won't wear to school, they really weren't interested in anything else they saw. My DS likes a few dollars in his pocket for a treat or if something catches his eyes but thats about it.

Come to think of it, last time, he spent his money at a Nike discount store, lol.

Thank you fellow disers!!!! I just want the heads up before we go ...They keep saying Mom want am i gonna want ..And i keep saying you never know...Any ways thanks again and ill have to let you all know what they wanted or didnt want lol........

When DS was 14 (he's 17 now) he liked the Star Wars Store at MGM. I think all of your kids would like the pressed penny machines which are everywhere, they can get a book and add their coins in as they go along.
He also liked the store at Disney Quest (Disney Quest was a big hit in my family are you going?).
The waterparks also have things teens like at their shops.
have Fun

My two oldest sons - ages 14 and 12 - never buy anything at WDW with their own money. There's nothing there that interests them enough to cause them to open that wallet up!! They usually come home with nothing and it doesn't bother them at all. My 7 yo on the other hand wants everything.... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter