What is in your Garden Grocery order?

brerboys

Earning My Ears
I am getting ready to start assembling my Garden Grocery order for our trip in October? Curious...what do you put in your shopping cart? It is my, dh and two kids, ages 7 and 10.

I only by for me and last time I ordered WAY to much, and it was a chore lugging it all home. This is what I plan for me next time around. I am only buying food for breakfast and snacks at night and drinks. I usually carry one bottle of smartwater into the parks each day, but found that I wasted bringing in a soda, because it got hot to quick and I never wanted to the snacks I brought, but everyone is different.

I am buying:
1 juice drink
1 soda (big size)
1 tea (big size)
1 6pack of smartwater to freeze and bring into park each morning
6 things of yogurt for breakfast
6 things of nutrigrain bars for breakfast
1 box of crackerfulls snacks
1 bag of chips (big bag, something healthy...baked maybe)
3 bottles of Vault red (I found I don't drink much coffee at WDW, prefer energy drinks, althought they are bad for you. I generally only drink half a bottle a day.)

(This is only for at the hotel. I'm not bringing anything into the parks, and this is just for me and it's cheaper generally than buying wdw snacks all week. I will be there about 7 days this time around.)

I am also bringing a few bottles of 5hr energy. A good combo for staying energetic at the parks is a combo of water and caffeine/sugar. Switching them out often. Keeps you up and keeps you hydrated.

We are flying and checking one bag, for sunscreen/shampoo/snacks and room for souvenirs on the way home. I will be bringing most of the non-perishable snacks/breakfast foods unless they are easily smooshed. We are mostly breakfast-in-room people.

My Garden Grocer order (for our family of 6 in a Family Suite with a medium-sized fridge):

String cheese
Milk (1/2 gallon)
hard boiled eggs
yogurt
orange juice
Poptarts
Bananas
Apple juice
Applesauce

Some of the oddball items (like the eggs) are kid favorites. I figure getting some protein in them and keeping their breakfast menu mostly the same as home should help. We plan to bring a snack into the parks each day and buy a snack.

PHXscuba

We went last year in August. I ordered 2 cases of water, a 12 pack of Coke, mini bagels, chips, peanut butter, fruit, pop tarts, 1/2 gallon of milk, juice boxes and mini-muffins.

We're in a 2 bedroom suite at SSR with a full kitchen, so our list is a little different from most:

eggs
bacon
sausage
2 gallons milk
2 loaves of bread
deli turkey & ham
diapers
wipes
baby food
chips
2 cases water
bananas
cheese
mustard
case of diet coke (for my mom)
apple juice

we plan on utilizing the kitchen for at least one meal a day, and having a quick breakfast or lunch. I have a 3 year old and a baby, so we will spend a lot of time in our suite / around the resort. Or we'll take sandwiches and water into the parks in order to save money/time.

Just got back from Aug 9-16 with DH, DS 14 and DD 8. First of all let me say, my kids are NOT big eaters and vacation is for fun--not healthy food! ;)
We ordered:
Case of Mountain Dew
Case of Diet Pepsi
Case of Bottled Water (I'd drink some out of a bottle then freeze it to carry in the park the next day.)
Can of Pringles
Bag of Lays potato chips
12 count box of Pop Tarts
Bag of M & Ms
Package of Chips Ahoy Cookies
Gallon of Milk
2 bananas (but wish I'd ordered one for every day)

Lots of junk, I know!! I'd order the same next time but 2 bags of chips and 2 Pringles. (They were gone too quickly.) Less Mountain Dew and get Powerade instead. (My son kept buying it at the parks! $$$$:mad:) I would have ordered breakfast cereal but I knew the poptarts would be easier--since we're usually dragging the kids out of bed and trying to get them out the door in the morning.

Next time, we all agreed we'd like more "lunch" stuff. In the summer we like to come back to the room in the afternoon so it would have been nice to have a loaf of bread, some deli meat or hotdogs to eat a quick simple lunch.

For me the water purchase alone is worth it. I drink a lot of water and it's just too expensive to buy in the parks.

case of water
juice boxes
pop tarts
bananas
tuna packets
diapers
swim diapers
wipes
cheerios
bread
peanut butter
fruit snacks
milk
and some other things that i can't remember at the moment!

We just got back yesterday and I'll tell you what we ordered and what I wished we ordered.

Case of bottled water - smartest thing ever! We each went through a bottle a day and then refilled them at the parks.

Fresh fruit - wish I would've ordered more!

String cheese - great snack

apple juice - DD 3 drinks a lot of this, diluted, and we went through a tall bottle and a pack of juice boxes. Shoulda ordered one more juice box pack. She went through two juice boxes and one sippy cup full at the parks. Would've drank one more box easily.

yogurt - i'm a big fan at home, but only ate two containers there

chips and dip - good idea for snacking

milk

Wish we would've gotten more b-fast items, orange juice, baby carrots, and more healthy snacks. We needed more snacky items for the parks and at night. Love Garden Grocer! They sure do make a week's trip much easier!

Some of the more useful items I ordered were: diapers for the baby, liquid hand soap for the bathroom, air freshener (also for the bathroom :rolleyes1), a case of water, a case of powerade, a giant box of goldfish crackers, and juiceboxes for the kids. All things I would rather not bring on a plane.

Cereal, milk, water, bread and coldcuts, yogurt, bananas, gatorade, bagels and cream cheese, peanut butter and jelly, and pretzels. That's what I remember off the top of my head. That was for 5 of us for a week, no dining plan, but we're not all huge eaters.

As a previous poster mentioned, we bring down one small suite case with some snacks (granola bars, cheese crackers, etc.) cereal, instant oatmeal (DD lives on this) and other things that are not perishable. Then we order from GC the things that are perishable. Milk, juice, cream cheese and a case of water etc. On the return flight we use the empty suit case for souvenirs. This has always worked out well for us. I save a bit of money by not needing so much from GC but also make sure I have away to bring home my new goodies.

Enjoy your trip!

I just ordered a case of water, 12 pk of coke, milk, apple juice, cereal, donuts, chips, chex mix, goldfish and yogurt. everything we need for a quick breakfast and snacks for later in the day.:)

I just completed my order for our upcoming trip:

2 cs bottled water
12 pk coke
2 pks Rock Star sugar free
orange juice
milk
1 gallon filtered water (for coffee)
deli turkey
cheese
wheat bread
yogurt
bananas
apples

I'll also pack a suit case with non-perishables: ground coffee/filters, creamer, goldfish crackers, poptarts, protein bars, and the Lays Stax chips travel pretty well. I learned after the first couple trips to pack the "snack suitcase" partially with clothes to keep the stuff from getting crushed. We also learned that - dining plan or not - we never eat the healthy snacks we bring into the park with us. This trip there will be 7 of us in 2 rooms, all on dining plan. We want to do breakfast in the room, and have sandwiches for late at night or poolside. We are thinking DM&FIL will want to spend a little more time resting, so having soda and sandwich stuff in the room will allow them to relax if they don't want to trek over to the restaurant.

Garden Grocer is awesome! One less thing to worry about doing when we get there!

Our list includes: Rice Krispies, milk, OJ, salsa, baked tortilla chips, string cheese, Entenmann's donuts (these are my hubby's vacation treat! LOL!), granola bars, Weight Watchers Ice Cream treats, case of bottled water, yogurt, popcorn

I'm on Weight Watchers and have lost 50 lbs since the end of February. We visited WDW in May and although I strayed from plan because I was on vacation. I didn't gain any weight during the trip. I think a lot of it had to do with having healthier snacks in the room and healthy breakfast choices as well. (Sorry for the tangent!)

Mom just placed an order yesterday......
We got a case of bottled H2O, case of Dr. Pepper, Bag of the assorted chips, 3 6 packs or grape juice(my dad has to have his juice in the AM), coffee cups(so we dont have to bring refillable mugs into park), assorted doughnuts, and a case of 24 "adult beverages".

Mom just placed an order yesterday......
We got a case of bottled H2O, case of Dr. Pepper, Bag of the assorted chips, 3 6 packs or grape juice(my dad has to have his juice in the AM), coffee cups(so we dont have to bring refillable mugs into park), assorted doughnuts, and a case of 24 "adult beverages".

Luv the coffee cup idea! Now I don't have to wait around to finish my coffee!

Three years later we find ourselves going again! Any recommendation for our grocery order.

I know we want water and fruit...other ideas?

Though we don't order anything for delivery, we have the convenience of driving to WDW and hit the grocery store (Publix ) after checking in...

Normal items we always pick up:
Salami, ham.. Bologna
Cheeses
Hard rolls
Olives.. Tomato..pickles
Chips
Mayo
OJ
Soda
Beer
Wine
Alcohol
Fruit
Mandarin oranges
Water

We prefer our own sandwiches for lunch or late night ...pool picnics...we never use the dining plan and always break from the parks before noon..

We leave the first of November and I'm thinking of making an order too. Does the milk stay cold? I'm worried if our flight gets delayed our produce and milk will just be sitting there. TIA

3 adults plus child flying from west coast with carryon:

Water
Juice pouches
Soda
Adult beverages
Fresh fruit
Breakfast bars
Yogurt
Nuts

Individual snacks to Go into park bag:
Pretzels
Gummy snacks
Raisins

Sundries we don't want/can't carry:
Sunscreen
Liquid pump hansoap
Anti-bacterial wipe travel packs
Small purell
Baby shampoo
Toothpaste
Epsom salts for soaking
Feminine items

Convenience items:
Zip locks
Trashbags (multiple purposes!)
Plastic cups
Paper plates
Roll paper towels

Theses are all items we bring when driving to DLR, so know they will be useful

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter